Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I have gotten...I supposed 7 or 8 legendary tokens now, and I've opened them all immediately (yes, even before I found out that odds for 5* would increase once OML came out). I opened them immediately because my 4* roster is so low, almost anything will be useful.

Still have yet to get a 5*, but I'm patient. I'd like to get my HB, TJ, Prof X, 4pool, and others improved before getting 5*, but if I get one, I'll hold onto it. Far too valuable to sell, especially for a measly 2k iso.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I honestly can't remember how many legendary tokens I have earned but it doesn't feel like more than 20, so I went with the smaller option.

But yeah, I have no patience for hoarding them since I'm already hoarding 200+ Taco tokens to open in one huge binge once I get 600. The Legendary tokens will satisfy my token opening needs in the meantime.
  • Just to chime in -

10 Legendary tokens - 9 earned, 1 bought
    1 5* - OML Red

Legendaries have helped my 4* roster tremendously. The odds of me getting an unusable one are extremely low, as I only have 4 colors maxed out across all my 4* characters. Might as well open them bad boys up right as I get them.
  • I have to just keep hoarding those legendary tokens till those 5* characters dont affect my scaling
    dont really want to have to sell a lucky pull 5* for 2000iso

I hope d3 can actually resolve this issue. i dont mind if they downscale that 5* character for lower level rosters. OR do not take into account that character if we do not use them OR let them stay in queue infinitely.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Previously I am not that keen about the 1300 reward, but I have since changed my opinion about the legendary tokens.

They are really great for us who are attempting to max our 4* characters.

In the past I have to wait for the right 4* to obtain it. Now with 1300 I can keep trying my luck to get the I right covers.While there are disappointments with RNG (curse you IW!), at least I don't have to wait for JG or KP to be rotated in to get their covers.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I have eight hoarded (one from every PvE that it has been available in except Galactus1). I don't date to open them fearing that I would get a five-star. I feel that I need a solid four-star roster (several at 10+ covers) to be able to open them due to the scaling from a five-star. Of course getting that solid four-star roster is extremely slow without the Legendary tokens. An incredibly bass-ackwards system!
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm firmly in 4* land, I've opened 26. All earned, none bought. Honestly, I hate them. I've had 8 usable covers out of 26. I didn't open a 5* until 24. I've gone for 1.3k in pvp more often, and spent a lot more HP to do so (than 1k). At least before, I could take it easy on PVP and not spend HP if I knew I didn't need the cover.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    before GH1 began, I hoarded/opened 18 tokens. Got 3 OMLs. Been holding those to avoid scaling issues. But once deadpool pve begins, I will need to add OML to my roster, or else lose them! icon_e_surprised.gif

I'm currently holding 4 more tokens. Will open once Iceman is added to draw.

So to summarize: 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers out of 18 (2 bought), with 4 tokens unopened now. Not bad, not bad. icon_cool.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Collected 21 so far, opened one accidentally (don't eat and mpq, my friends), got an Elektra-flavoured lump of iso.

Don't particularly care either way about 5*s - I don't want to screw my scaling/mmr sure, but I also am able to upgrade my roster wholesale if needed. I'm saving them because I really, really don't want 1k iso.

Originally I thought I might go for 1.3k if I was going for 1k anyway, but apparently I hate the idea of shieldhopping for iso so much I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

When iceman/cyc are added to the odds, to bring it to 60+% chance of Not-Iso, I'll probably bite the bullet and see how many Elektra/Starlord/Fury/XFW/HB etc I get. Not thrilled.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hoarding mine since season 19 started, and will claim them as soon as Iceman and Cyke are in packs. Some 5-stars would be nice, but I'm mostly hoping for covers for those two and my last 2 Jean purples.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm somewhere between 4b and 4d, but went with the latter.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I don't know how many I've opened. . . all the ones from PvE, all but 2 from DDQ, whatever that works out to be. I had no 5* until this week, when BOTH Galactus legendaries gave me OML (yellow first, probably the 5* cover I would have asked for if I could have, then black). I didn't really want them at first; I would have preferred to build my 4*s. But now I want more!

On the flip side, Legendary tokes have something like a 94% chance of giving me something useful. I've drawn from that remaining 6% 3 times.
  • I've gotten about 4 or 5 depending on how Galactus runs here.

I'm still in the later ends of a 2*-3* transistion.

I have 1-2 to open and I'm waiting until I have enough HP for a roster slot in case I open somebody I don't have like Professor X, or yes, Silver Surfer.

But I'm more in the spot of "I could use literally every 4* cover" so I'm not exactly aiming for a 5*
  • I'm more into instant gratification, so, I've opened all mine as I've received them.

I've opened about 8, and of those I've pulled 2 blackflag.png Silver Surfers, 1 redflag.png 4pool, 1 blueflag.png CapFalcon, 1 redflag.png 4Thor and... 3 yellowflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png IW.

So, I guess I'm doing better than average, and I needed all but the IW covers, but every time I draw IW, I die a little inside.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I really dislike that 5*s are supposed to represent an endgame progression, and yet the number you get is completely random.

If 100,000 people all open 100 Legendary tokens, on average, 3 of those people will get NO 5*s. That's not even talking about getting one covered to the point that it's usable. Meanwhile, a person could theoretically be completely done with a character in just 13 pulls, despite the fact that's also highly unlikely.

There needs to be a way to guarantee that you can make progress into this tier of character that completely dominates any 4*s thrown at them.

As I've suggested before, how about all Legendary tokens be tied to a 20 item vault that resets every 1-2 days and has the same odds as current? That way a person can guarantee that they make progress in the 5* realm by collecting 20 tokens.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've opened all my Legendary tokens and I have 4 5* covers in total (though one of those is from a NYCC raffle): Silver Surfer red/blue and 2 OML yellows. My only fully covered 4* is X-Force, so I'm usually fine with whatever I pull from the Legendary (unless its an XF)
  • I am sitting on 33 Legendary tokens, which is almost all of them that were available (35 available so far I think), and have yet to open any of them.

I missed the 1300 token in Tex Mex due to comic con and a very late climb, and didn't go for the progression token in Galactus 1. Picked up all of the other 1300 tokens and every other PVE progression, as well as all of the 4* DPDQ tokens.

I'll open them all some time in the next season if Creepsicle and 4Clops get added. Otherwise, I'll keep waiting until they do.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    To the man who received three Yellow Invisible Womans. I have in the 450 days of play gotten 16 yellowflag.png And One greenflag.png from the Daily resupply. Come back when your complaint matches...

I have Two surfers. Earned maybe 8 tokens. So I suppose my luck is better than most? But since most of my roster is capped at 166 regardless of 4 star covers (13 X-force, 11 IW, 10 Fury.) He kinda kills my scaling. But I suppose powered up people do that already as I've always got at least two people hitting 240 on an event.
  • Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    I'm thinking about selling my one ss cover cause scaling. Please make it so I don't have to do that.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I hoarded 15 token_legendary.png during the first month, then opened them once the 5 star.png odds increased to 10%.

No 5 star.png 's, and six 4 star.png 's that I had to sell.

Since then I've gotten seven or eight more token_legendary.png - still haven't pulled a single 5 star.png cover.

icon_neutral.gif