Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign Console Release

13»

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    MrAndroid wrote:
    I have a question maybe a dev could answer. I'm not too far into the game, but I did just get Dark Avengers Bullseye. It appears that since this was a branch, he never got updated to have a third power. Will this be his final iteration for the console version or will there be updates to, well, update the characters at all? His green ability was really good and its gonna suck if he just won't get it ever.

We can share this info with the team and see if a future patch will be made to update the additional ability but there isn't a plan for the near future.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    Aevard wrote:
    Iron Patriot is purpleflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png
    His purpleflag.png creates purplecrit.png at your choice of location (up to 6 at max covers!)
    Holy wow, OP much? No wonder they never released him to the mobile game.

Him and Bullseye icon_eek.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aevard wrote:
    His blackflag.png is Avengers Assemble for the dark avengers. Avengers assemble summons Rags for starters and he busts columns 2, 3, 6 and 7. 5 AP of the other colors summons the following:
    blueflag.png : Daken
    yellowflag.png : Ares
    redflag.png : Moonstone
    greenflag.png : Sentry

I'll check specifics when I get home and update then!

If we ever do get a reworked version of Osborn I hope they keep the concept for this ability, even if the actual effects get changed around.

(But seriously, guys, it's well past time for Siege! Let's make this happen!)
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone wrote:
    MrAndroid wrote:
    I have a question maybe a dev could answer. I'm not too far into the game, but I did just get Dark Avengers Bullseye. It appears that since this was a branch, he never got updated to have a third power. Will this be his final iteration for the console version or will there be updates to, well, update the characters at all? His green ability was really good and its gonna suck if he just won't get it ever.

We can share this info with the team and see if a future patch will be made to update the additional ability but there isn't a plan for the near future.

Are there any plans for the near future? Versus events? Unique content? There seems to be no official information on the game outside of this post.
  • Aevard wrote:
    His blackflag.png is Avengers Assemble for the dark avengers. Avengers assemble summons Rags for starters and he busts columns 2, 3, 6 and 7. 5 AP of the other colors summons the following:
    blueflag.png : Daken
    yellowflag.png : Ares
    redflag.png : Moonstone
    greenflag.png : Sentry

I'll check specifics when I get home and update then!

If we ever do get a reworked version of Osborn I hope they keep the concept for this ability, even if the actual effects get changed around.

(But seriously, guys, it's well past time for Siege! Let's make this happen!)

I'm going to second this, because "Avengers Assemble" is my favorite ability in the game, even if it totally is Nick Fury's worst and most keep-this-at-3-covers ability.

I just want that meganuke, darnit.
  • How about some cross platform promotional gifts for buying it on console and playing on mobile icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I'm going to second this, because "Avengers Assemble" is my favorite ability in the game, even if it totally is Nick Fury's worst and most keep-this-at-3-covers ability.
    Nick Fury's yellow gains far more at five covers than his purple does. Anyone who tries to tell you to keep his yellow at three is just wrong.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed. Even though Escape Plan is arguably a better power than Avengers Assemble, Escape Plan at three covers has the same damage and the same strength strike tile as Escape Plan at five covers. AA, meanwhile, gets a three-turn stun (very solid) and team damage from those two covers.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i just got this for 360 and gotta say they did a pretty good job making it literally puzzle quest with marvel characters, there are no events only PVE(hunt, Iso brotherhood, Thick as thieves, prodigal sun, unstable iso) and the DLC comes with 2 characters each(Hulk comes with The Hunt: Hulk with pun unlocked and Deadpool comes with MPQ vs. Deadpool with Doc Ock unlocked) and me and my roommate played some local multiplayer(level 300 5/5/5 characters all around). Overall i don't regret getting this.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed. Even though Escape Plan is arguably a better power than Avengers Assemble, Escape Plan at three covers has the same damage and the same strength strike tile as Escape Plan at five covers. AA, meanwhile, gets a three-turn stun (very solid) and team damage from those two covers.
    On top of that, if you don't have 5 AP in all the relevant colors, at five covers you have a better chance of getting multiple useful effects out of the skill bec cause more colors count.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I always assumed that they were keeping Iron Patriot to be released at the same time as his story, like how characters like Hulk and Sentry were launched at the same time as when their stories were released. Since the story where the Iron Patriot debuts has never been released, they never had a chance to release him.
  • So I beat normal mode in the deadpool dlc and did not unlock deadpool do you have to beat hard to unlock him? Does anyone know?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the devs confirmed elsewhere on the forum that you do need to beat hard mode to get deadpool.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is there any point reporting console bugs or strange behaviour? For example, the game won't let you fire Spider-Man's Web Bandages if everyone is at full health (obviously), but the error message is the "Not enough tiles of the required type" one, which is very misleading.

Also, I'm playing on PS3 and picked up the Waterfall trophy, and the whole game froze up for about ten seconds.
  • so annoyed that you cant see which timed tiles related to which character

removes a whole element of tactics from the game
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    so annoyed that you cant see which timed tiles related to which character

removes a whole element of tactics from the game

Yeah, that's how it was when the code split. I hope they can patch that in, but there was a time even on mobile/Steam when you had to deal with that. T.T
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    CNash wrote:
    Is there any point reporting console bugs or strange behaviour? For example, the game won't let you fire Spider-Man's Web Bandages if everyone is at full health (obviously), but the error message is the "Not enough tiles of the required type" one, which is very misleading.

Also, I'm playing on PS3 and picked up the Waterfall trophy, and the whole game froze up for about ten seconds.

Hi,

You can report any issues you encounter to Support at the usual address: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

Please specify that you are referring to the console version and mention which platform (PS3, etc.) Thanks!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    No problem, I'll do that. Thanks!

Another question - I bought the game on PS3, and it comes with cross-buy so I can play it on PS4 too, but my save file doesn't seem to sync between the two. Other cross-buy PS3/PS4 games have full save compatibility, so I was really expecting not to have to start all over again now that I have a PS4. Any chance of this being patched in?

EDIT: No shared trophies either. They're two separate games on my trophy list, which is great for people who obsessively collect Platinums, but bad for those with minor OCD over their list of games.... guess which one I am? I know a little about PlayStation development and this kind of thing is fairly straightforward to accomplish...

Well, I'll share one piece of insight that I gained from having to start the game all over again: the covers on the initial set of characters (IM40, Thor, BW etc.) are, or seem to be, random. My Thor had his red on my PS3 save, but started with his yellow on my PS4 save; my Widow had her purple on PS3 but her blue on PS4. This is a relatively minor thing - you'll get all of their covers eventually, after all - but having certain powers does make the earlier missions go more smoothly. On PS3 I was stuck for ages with Thor having his red and green but no yellow, which is pretty much the worst combination of abilities for him to have.
  • Quick question: When on XBox One? Waiting for months...