Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign Console Release

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,324 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have any of those consoles, but I'm curious. Can anyone please post Iron Patriot powerset?
  • I have a question maybe a dev could answer. I'm not too far into the game, but I did just get Dark Avengers Bullseye. It appears that since this was a branch, he never got updated to have a third power. Will this be his final iteration for the console version or will there be updates to, well, update the characters at all? His green ability was really good and its gonna suck if he just won't get it ever.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrAndroid wrote:
    You can farm nodes. I just recently got Venom, but after farming a little all my characters so far are fully covered. really the only point of farming is for covers, as after awhile the lower level nodes just don't do it experience wise.

Interesting. On PS4, at least, there's no indication that there might be additional rewards, or how many. Just a green check mark making it look like you're done.

I'll have to go back and farm some when I get home from work tonight, because having a level 27 Juggernaut and a level 27 Venom is kind of cramping my style when nobody else is really close right now.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    I like ps4 version but it doesnt have much like phone version. No dpd no alliance. No phone transfer data. I like multiplayer but damn
  • DFiPL
    iLL619 wrote:
    I like ps4 version but it doesnt have much like phone version. No dpd no alliance. No phone transfer data. I like multiplayer but damn

Aimed at a different audience. I don't, TBH, know why team-ups are in the game when you have no alliance to request them from.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    DFiPL wrote:
    iLL619 wrote:

Aimed at a different audience. I don't, TBH, know why team-ups are in the game when you have no alliance to request them from.

Agreed smh why have teamups
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    iLL619 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    iLL619 wrote:

Agreed smh why have teamups

rewards earned from grinding, like in any RPG
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    j12601 wrote:
    This was at the booth at NYCC this year. I got to play a couple of matches in the live 1v1 mode. It's quite fun and definitely changes the way you play when you can't target down someone in the back (makes who you make a match with very important), and you can't do things like leave a terrible match-4 for the AI so you can get that much needed match-3 for enough AP to fire a skill.

Certainly some balance issues with everyone being at level 300 (like a permanent Balance of Power) for 1v1 PVP, but very interesting and enjoyable.

Thanks for visiting us at NYCC and playing the game!
  • DFiPL
    Couple additional thoughts: yelena belova joined the roster at level 32, below Juggernaut and Venom, but well above the rest.

Characters who die appear to gain half the XP gained by survivors.
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    WayForward in all their infinite wisdom decide to hold back on a Vita version? Are you kidding me? This would have absolutely killed it on Vita. You know.. being portable and all?

No Vita, no buy.
  • Are we able to get a separate Sub-Forum for Console Queries/Observations? I can see these starting to slip into the other threads as time goes by.

Otherwise it's an interesting read!
  • Also Juggernauts powers are now like 10 and 13 AP each to cast, which makes sense since all the characters max out at level 300 it seems.
  • Could LakeStone or Ice please respond to my previous inquiry above? Thanks!
  • MrAndroid wrote:
    Could LakeStone or Ice please respond to my previous inquiry above? Thanks!

I ain't a red but I can make a guess.

No further updates planned unless this version is successful and stuff.

And judging by how populated Versus mode is (not) I don't think it's too likely.
  • ERock4
    ERock4 Posts: 42
    Any word yet on what Iron Patriot is like?
  • Aevard
    Aevard Posts: 4
    Iron Patriot is purpleflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png
    His purpleflag.png creates purplecrit.png at your choice of location (up to 6 at max covers!)
    His greenflag.png places protect tiles at your choice of location, over strike/protect/attack/CD at max rank (I think 4 of them, I'm at work and will post exact numbers later)
    His blackflag.png is Avengers Assemble for the dark avengers. Avengers assemble summons Rags for starters and he busts columns 2, 3, 6 and 7. 5 AP of the other colors summons the following:
    blueflag.png : Daken
    yellowflag.png : Ares
    redflag.png : Moonstone
    greenflag.png : Sentry

I'll check specifics when I get home and update then!
  • MrAndroid wrote:
    You can farm nodes. I just recently got Venom, but after farming a little all my characters so far are fully covered. really the only point of farming is for covers, as after awhile the lower level nodes just don't do it experience wise.

The lack of any indication to what rewards you may get is pretty dumb, specially if you played the other MPQ version where a green checkmark meant all the rewards were received.
    Can any node drop covers or just specific ones? Are covers random or specific covers drop from specific nodes? Is there a max number of covers you can get from each node? Apparently the only way to find this out is testing.
  • DFiPL
    sup123 wrote:
    MrAndroid wrote:

The lack of any indication to what rewards you may get is pretty dumb, specially if you played the other MPQ version where a green checkmark meant all the rewards were received.
    Can any node drop covers or just specific ones? Are covers random or specific covers drop from specific nodes? Is there a max number of covers you can get from each node? Apparently the only way to find this out is testing.

Specific nodes drop specific characters for the first time, but once a cover drops you can get more of that character from any node. After you've cleared a node once, further drops are random.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aevard wrote:
    His purpleflag.png creates purplecrit.png at your choice of location (up to 6 at max covers!)
    Holy wow, OP much? No wonder they never released him to the mobile game.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Aevard wrote:
    Holy wow, OP much? No wonder they never released him to the mobile game.

It was an era where there were few 4*s, and Xforce and 4or dominated the game.

Iron Patriot was totally going to be a 4*.

Has to be on par with those two, at least!