Patch Notes - R86 (10/23/15)

Comments

• STOPTHIS wrote:
    HotSoup wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    Is it going to be a while before she's released? It's not going to be a new character event straight after deadpool vs mpq is it?
    I like EotS but damn, new character versions of it are stressful.
    Nope, she won't be released right away. People are still reeling from Cover Slot shock for Old Man Logan, Cyclops, and Red Hulk, we don't want to exacerbate that. Expect her around Halloween or early November.

One solution could be, you know, maybe addressing the outrageous roster slot costs?

They have addressed them. They make too much money to change anytime soon.

Oh yeah, that was when they said part of the challenge was figuring out who to keep and who to sell.....right before they started having more two star essentials. icon_mad.gif
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    We need 1* Wolverine...since he's got a representation at every level already
  • Oh snap. Yelena buff.

The prime Anti-PX strategy suddenly becomes "Yelena Teamups"
  • OJSP wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    Oh snap. Yelena buff.

I'm sure you have a better use of 13 tutile.png AP

If actually making serious plans, yeah.

If in an actual match, heck no.

Team Ups are my "Oh poop I screwed up this match where's my desperation trump card" power.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like Helena team ups may actually be useful now
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    Oh snap. Yelena buff.

Aaaaaaaand now we know who Prof X's 4* DDQ challenge will be.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

All-new Wolverine (X-23) arriving soon!

Sooo no more clues for new characters, you're just going to straight up tell us now?

I think the spoilers from other websites is much worse than the spoiler thread we use to have.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Sooo no more clues for new characters, you're just going to straight up tell us now?

I think the spoilers from other websites is much worse than the spoiler thread we use to have.
    Wasn't that particular piece of information revealed in an actual interview with D3 though? As in, a planned surprise reveal? At this point it ain't much of a surprise and there's not much point in playing the guessing game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"] - Abilities that drain AP, but fail due to the opponent not having any AP, will now show an error message when attempting to cast.

I don't use Yelena but I am curious, would her purple not cast to do damage because the opponents AP is already at 0? Unlikely situation but something to think about.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

She was already announced at NYCC.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Devil Dino PVE?
    P. Fixed.

Petition for the next event to be Devil Dinosaur vs. MPQ. Just reskin the Deadpool event and replace all the dialogue with "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRR!" The boss battle at the end doesn't even have to change!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    Is it going to be a while before she's released? It's not going to be a new character event straight after deadpool vs mpq is it?
    I like EotS but damn, new character versions of it are stressful.
    Nope, she won't be released right away. People are still reeling from Cover Slot shock for Old Man Logan, Cyclops, and Red Hulk, we don't want to exacerbate that. Expect her around Halloween or early November.

I already +1'ed this, but I also want to add thanks. Regardless of the cost of roster slots (I'd love for them to be cheaper, but they're livable right now,) new character events add stress to the players as you feel the need to strive for them, and hold up your end when working with your alliance. We got two weeks in a row with Cycke and RHulk, though there was an "off week" getting ready for the Anniversary, so it evened out. I'd be happy to get a real break.
  • While you're busy fixing 1* heroes(?), I could suggest at least one 3* in desperate need of some attention...

*Cough* Spiderman *Cough* icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • While you're busy fixing 1* heroes(?), I could suggest at least one 3* in desperate need of some attention...

DBC

Poll results aside, I still maintain Iron Man 40 needs it more.
  • I wouldn't classify roster spot prices as livable at almost $8 a piece...maybe if there were only one new character ever two months.
  • HotSoup wrote:
    I wouldn't classify roster spot prices as livable at almost $8 a piece...maybe if there were only one new character ever two months.

I like how in a thread talking aboutputting Real-Time Actual Person Versus mode, that'd be in the console version in the mobile version, IceIX was like "If we were to fully dedicate all of our efforts into that, it'd take several months of no new features or adjustments and only new characters with no new mechanics or abilities to them."

Like, even in the hypothetical "Put all of our effort into one feature" scenario, there's STILL new characters coming out.

It's probably their biggest moneymaker in roster slots alone.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    HotSoup wrote:
    I wouldn't classify roster spot prices as livable at almost $8 a piece...maybe if there were only one new character ever two months.

Livable is certainly a relative term. I run an HP positive 1000pt jump each pvp, and since roster slots are the only thing I buy with HP, I think for the most part they, in fact, are livable. Mind you, each costs me 900 at this point in time.

I am certainly no whale. Haven't spent a penny on this game since the XF nerf (not solely related to the nerf), and I still own all the (important) characters (missing bunch of star.pngstar.png and OML/SS).
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX @David

Possible to have a preview of X23's powers?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    HotSoup wrote:

One solution could be, you know, maybe addressing the outrageous roster slot costs?

But D3 is minting coin from slot sales. Their bean counters will revolt if management makes changes! icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Haetron wrote:
    While you're busy fixing 1* heroes(?), I could suggest at least one 3* in desperate need of some attention...

DBC

Poll results aside, I still maintain Iron Man 40 needs it more.

I couldn't agree more. Iron Man Model 40 needs some serious attention. I would love to use this character more.