Cyclops Red Reward Cover

13»

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Our alliance only finished round 6, so I just got my single yellow cover of 4* Cyke.

But, I wonder (tin foil mode engaged), if they are sifting through data to evaluate how many people had force quit type events in an attempt to NOT hand out covers to some who finished round 8?
    That would be total ****, but I can just see them doing something like that.....
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Our alliance only finished round 6, so I just got my single yellow cover of 4* Cyke.

But, I wonder (tin foil mode engaged), if they are sifting through data to evaluate how many people had force quit type events in an attempt to NOT hand out covers to some who finished round 8?
    That would be total tinykitty, but I can just see them doing something like that.....

Oh man, if this were to happen...I'm having trouble imagining the bloodbath of a response that would follow.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Just got it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Assuming you had the proper characters, and understood how to use Hulk properly, "the tactic" wasn't really necessary. That said, when a game design pretty much requires a specific configuration in order to have the best chance of winning, I'd never begrudge people for resorting to "the tactic" when they were missing the necessary characters.

I don't begrudge those who used it, but deplore the game design that made it a primary tool for reaching progression.

As for team composition, Hulk was great, as was CapMarv. I tried every combination suggestion in forums and chat, but without a Professor X could not find any combination that was even partly consistent. Many of those I spoke with privately admitted to employing "the tactic" a couple of times on each if he final rounds in order to have a chance at the individual progression. And that suggests broken gameplay and broken reward structure.

No one tactic was 100% consistent. Even with the Prof X combination I was doing around 50/50 - sometimes the board just plain doesn't give you a match 5 or enough of any one color to start a cycle going. You play the odds - some tactics are more consistent than others, but nothing works all the time when you have 4 turns to work with.
  • kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Just received it
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Indeed, the tactic was far from a sure thing and still required plenty of health packs and ISO drain for boosts. There was no easy button for this event and the event was most certainly not fun, started off ok, got bad very quickly. I hope they strongly reconsider what they are trying to accomplish for round 2 and make the boss battle challenging but doable with a diverse roster.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just received it

Yeah, me too. That's later than I would have expected.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    blinktag wrote:
    I think the more appropriate question is how many achieved the individual legendary token without resorting to using "the tactic"?
    Assuming you had the proper characters, and understood how to use Hulk properly, "the tactic" wasn't really necessary. That said, when a game design pretty much requires a specific configuration in order to have the best chance of winning, I'd never begrudge people for resorting to "the tactic" when they were missing the necessary characters.

isnt there only way way to use HULK how can you use him Properly?