Cyclops Red Reward Cover

Lacydog69
Lacydog69 Posts: 43
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
For the other awards during this Galactus event, once the round was completed, the rewards were pretty instantaneous. Yet is seems that for Round 8, the red cover has yet to be issued. Jokingly, many of us in the alliance chat say that D3 didn't think anyone would complete G-man event, so they didn't code in the dispersement of the reward. But I wanted to post this as a query for other alliances who finished Round 8 to see if they got their red cover.

Comments

• zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    5 deadly venoms are still missing ours.
  • Same for Lost Ghosts. Thinking at the close of the event well get it.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing not issuing reward until event closes was part of allowing people to carry on scoring for individual progression rewards before the close out and maybe if r8 paid straight away that would make it more difficult to keep the event open.

I'm being charitable to d3 which is a first for this event though in that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a question for your alliances how many achieved the individual legendary token?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    I have a question for your alliances how many achieved the individual legendary token?

4 in ours so far have the token and another few who likely will. I could have gotten it but it would have required impeccable clears of all Galactus nodes and I decided I'd rather focus my health packs, ISO, and sanity on a guaranteed 4* that I need. I mean that it's guaranteed which 4* I may get, not that I definitely will.
  • wymtime wrote:

I grabbed the legendary token this most recent refresh. Took a match and a half.
  • kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone received this yet?
  • Nope....nah...a big negatory
  • Haven't got ours yet either. icon_cry.gif
  • apparantly the red cyclops was just a placeholder, the actual reward was a silver recruit token
  • Is everyone else who earned one of these still waiting? I mean, we're like 10 hours past the end of the event. What gives?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Galactus Hungers closed yesterday but is still saying processing rewards even though I'm pretty sure I won't get any since they're all progression awards and I decided to stop 'progress' at round 5
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Yep, Still waiting. I'm guessing Galactus fled the solar system with the red classic Cyclops cover in tow.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    Yep, Still waiting. I'm guessing Galactus fled the solar system with the red classic Cyclops cover in tow.
    Cyclops Red is his new Herald.
  • JVReal wrote:
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    Cyclops Red is his new Herald.

Next 5* Cyclops (Herald of Galactus)?

No, it would probably be a 2* based on recent star rating logic.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be an anniversary surprise. They give the red cover to everyone. An extra red to those that finished it, otherwise, the outrage flips from everyone who didn't complete it being upset to everyone that did complete it being upset. I should say more upset. since most are already upset / unhappy with Galactus Hungers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Putting a Sticky on this to make sure it is seen, or answered
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Seven people managed it in Wrecking Crew. I was one of them -- I hated this event but I still played it because [choose one]:

(A) I committed to it with my alliance before I knew how un-fun it would be.
    (B) I'm an idiot.
    (C) All of the above.

Also, we're still waiting for our Cyclops red.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Columbus Day everyone.
    Maybe that's what this event was all about... it was a Happy Columbus day event. Everyone thought they were going to discover a fun new event... and found that was not the case at all.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Happy Columbus Day everyone.
    Maybe that's what this event was all about... it was a Happy Columbus day event. Everyone thought they were going to discover a fun new event... and found that was not the case at all.

Everyone thought they were going to discover a fun new event, well, that ship's sailed.