Cyclops Red Reward Cover

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Everyone thought they were going to discover a fun new event, well, that ship's sailed.
    On the bright side, at least they didn't give us a pile of blankets with smallpox...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It totally fits! Just like Columbus, they aimed for one place, hit the exact opposite side of the map, and decided, "ah, whatever, let's just call it the same thing."
  • Lacydog69 wrote:
    D3 didn't think anyone would complete G-man event, so they didn't code in the dispersement of the reward

TRUTH bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.pngredcrit.pngyellowcrit.pngwhitecrit.png
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The explanation I have heard is that they did not award the cover at the completion of round 9 as that would have closed the event and locked out anyone who wanted the Legendary Token and hadn't gotten it yet. That makes sense, really. Since the red cover isn't listed anywhere else, my assumption is they're going to manually push it to the aliances who made it. I'll note that the event is still listed as "rewards pending" despite the fact that there isn't any placement awards.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Eight members of The Enlightened achieved the legendary token. None of us had gotten it when the big bad went down but were within a win or 2 to reach progression.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    The explanation I have heard is that they did not award the cover at the completion of round 9 as that would have closed the event and locked out anyone who wanted the Legendary Token and hadn't gotten it yet. That makes sense, really. Since the red cover isn't listed anywhere else, my assumption is they're going to manually push it to the aliances who made it. I'll note that the event is still listed as "rewards pending" despite the fact that there isn't any placement awards.

That's a good plan by them, but the event ended over 12 hours ago and still no cover. I needed to still do 5 more clears after we finished round 8 in order to get the Legendary token. Skrulls ended up with 6 Legendary tokens.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    My alliance did not get the red cover either...6 of us achieved legendary token. In retrospect wasting the time and ISO for the legendary was completely foolish. There are events that are far easier and cost way less. At least for me personally I had to spend a lot of HPs and boosts to get through it all - towards the end the essentials were actually brutalizing my roster faster than Galactus.

It was awful. I am not playing the second time.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

That's a good plan by them, but the event ended over 12 hours ago and still no cover. I needed to still do 5 more clears after we finished round 8 in order to get the Legendary token. Skrulls ended up with 6 Legendary tokens.

Yeah, I didn't bother as I had barely started the PVP. Galactus was a huuuuuuge suck of time and HPs. My guess regarding the cover is that noone got as they're still recovering from Comic Con. Alternatively they may be off for Columbus day, but I doubt it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 players in GR00T BR00TS got the legendary token, beyond those was a sharp drop off in points
  • DayvBang wrote:
    -- I hated this event but I still played it because [choose one]:

(A) I committed to it with my alliance before I knew how un-fun it would be.
    (B) I'm an idiot.
    (C) All of the above.

Also, we're still waiting for our Cyclops red.

As above.

At least 10 people in X3 (can't scroll down, but #10 was only +524 points). My final blow was the kill shot and gave me the token, as the only one to hit progression before he died (so good thing there wasn't a lockout).
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Everyone thought they were going to discover a fun new event, well, that ship's sailed.
    On the bright side, at least they didn't give us a pile of blankets with smallpox...

Didn't they, Simon? Didn't they?
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Ummm, you aren't getting a red cyclops cover. I've also heard the essential node for cyclops will be only if you have the red cover.... icon_twisted.gif
  • Lopan15 wrote:
    Ummm, you aren't getting a red cyclops cover. I've also heard the essential node for cyclops will be only if you have the red cover.... icon_twisted.gif

They wouldn't…

Would they?

DBC
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    I have a question for your alliances how many achieved the individual legendary token?

3 people in We Are Gr00t, myself included, reached the legendary.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    To start, there seems to be a basic disconnect, you thought you were actually going to earn the rewards listed. Isn't it just as much fun not to?
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Philly79 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I have a question for your alliances how many achieved the individual legendary token?

3 people in We Are Gr00t, myself included, reached the legendary.

That's great! I initially wasn't sure it could be done.

I think the more appropriate question is how many achieved the individual legendary token without resorting to using "the tactic"? (By which I mean the "extra-legal" action which did not rely solely on game play, character selection, powers, and matching three. I think you know the one I mean.)
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I can only speak for NJL3 in terms of how many reached the legendary token. We had 5 players receive the token - 2 reaching it after r8 was completed.

NJL and NJL2 were also able to down Galactus.
  • CaptTrick
    CaptTrick Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    8 people in S.H.I.E.L.D got the progression token. Had 3 more that could have reached it if we weren't locked out for the first 6 hours. I myself was 46K short of it.

And in other news, where is my tinykitty redflag.png Cyclops.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:
    I think the more appropriate question is how many achieved the individual legendary token without resorting to using "the tactic"?
    Assuming you had the proper characters, and understood how to use Hulk properly, "the tactic" wasn't really necessary. That said, when a game design pretty much requires a specific configuration in order to have the best chance of winning, I'd never begrudge people for resorting to "the tactic" when they were missing the necessary characters.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Assuming you had the proper characters, and understood how to use Hulk properly, "the tactic" wasn't really necessary. That said, when a game design pretty much requires a specific configuration in order to have the best chance of winning, I'd never begrudge people for resorting to "the tactic" when they were missing the necessary characters.

I don't begrudge those who used it, but deplore the game design that made it a primary tool for reaching progression.

As for team composition, Hulk was great, as was CapMarv. I tried every combination suggestion in forums and chat, but without a Professor X could not find any combination that was even partly consistent. Many of those I spoke with privately admitted to employing "the tactic" a couple of times on each if he final rounds in order to have a chance at the individual progression. And that suggests broken gameplay and broken reward structure.