OK, so at this point, what would save anniversary?

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Half off Roster Spots until the end of the anniversary. That's valuable to new and old players, and would probably help hook the newcomers to keep playing (they're invested now) so there's long term financial reasons for D3 to do it too.

This + reissuing all the Galactus and Anniversary tokens I have opened with odds that resemble last year's anniversary + a very visible post that says "we ****'ed up but our bigger **** up was not knowing we ****'ed up and hiding for so long to make a comment once we realized we ****'ed up".
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    1) remove 2* covers from heroic and event tokens (we already get enough 2* from standards and matches to last us a lifetime), either convert them to 250iso or health packs.
    4) remove 2* covers from season, shield simulator, and pvp progression; just make them heroic tokens or event tokens.

This would be squashing a new player's sense of progression early and dramatically slowing down the 1->2 progression. Which makes sense, as this way they won't be disappointed by the progression later.

Sensible option would be to reduce 2* odds in heroic tokens and make event tokens give 3* with a chance of 4* and to balance things 2* cover rewards get changed to heroic tokens rather than event tokens in progression awards.

When you require a specific character, it's nice to have those available in progression rewards.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tokens/progression at this stage, aside from the 1000-1300 gap in PvP that should have 1-2 iso/hp rewards added in.

2* would still be in PvE progression. i just mean for PvP progressions (pvp event, shield sim, season) they should be removed, there hasn't been a requirement of a 2* pvp since before my time and i think it was ares.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

2* would still be in PvE progression. i just mean for PvP progressions (pvp event, shield sim, season) they should be removed, there hasn't been a requirement of a 2* pvp since before my time and i think it was ares.

And since the average PvP score of the player base is 233 (from MPQ newsletter), the 2* reward is still likely vital to the 1->2* transition.

I get the idea of making things more available to the upper playerbase, and the anniversary should be a means to doing so, but alot of the lower rewards are designed with the not top-100 in mind.
  • To be honest, the only thing that was rad about last anniversary was simple:

More free/easy to get junk.

Just throw Iso and tokens with high odds at the playerbase.

You don't need new modes.

You don't need new events.

You barely need new characters.

All you have to do to make people super happy is to throw a ton of iso, HP, and tokens at them.

That's literally all it takes to make it fun.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    nude moonstone cheat code

attack.png know what I mean attack.png

buff_weekly.png boing
  • JVReal wrote:
    The devs have to form an alliance and beat all 8 rounds in 3.5 days without force-closing in order to win a paycheck, and we get to see their progress and alliance chat.

I'd watch that for 3.5 days straight.

Plus we each get an anniversary token everytime they wipe.

I'm updating my post. This would make everything better for me. JV...this is the best thing that i have seen on the forum all day. Brilliant Idea.

easy...marc
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Plus we each get an anniversary token everytime they wipe.

I get a 2* every time they wipe?

Great post JVReal!

What would save anniversary....one of each over of each of the 5*'s to everyone who logged in each day during this quagmire.
  • Quadruple ISO, double HP, and a Legendary progressions @900 for the rest of the anniversary.

If you're going to dream, dream big.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Squirrel Girl and IW PvP rewards! Err nevermind, it's perfect.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Make up some fiction about Galactus reaching an agreement with Silver Surfer to leave our solar system. Now that Galactus is elsewhere, Ultron shows up and starts his shenanigans from last year.

Fix Galactus and bring him back mid season to make up for this mess.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    Not all of us want leg tokens. Being in 2-3 transition means all I get is another character I cannot roster. Whoohoo 1000 iso compo.
    They can send yours to me, I'll pay you 10000 ISO for it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • killerkoala
    DayvBang wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:
    Not all of us want leg tokens. Being in 2-3 transition means all I get is another character I cannot roster. Whoohoo 1000 iso compo.
    They can send yours to me, I'll pay you 10000 ISO for it. icon_e_biggrin.gif

10001 is my bid
  • buddy2034
    buddy2034 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Every time I log in to the anniversary screen, I get frustrated. In part, with how it launched, but also, I can't stop seeing Yelena under the disco ball! It's all these 2015 new comers (plus Cap - but he's cool) and then YELENA! Get out of our party!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Ugh.... seeing how the Devs are handling this, it seems that they've gone back to their stingy ways.

They're really dropping the ball here.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    They say that they listen to feedback. I'm wondering which part of our feedback said that 2k ISO and 200 HP was an appropriate response.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, i am loving the anniversary.. i have earned over 300k iso (sorely needed) and enough 4*s to have my first 2 completed ones.. and may even get my very first 1300 in PVP.. Yah, galactus was umm.. a word... but everything else has been a blast.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    So far, i am loving the anniversary.. i have earned over 300k iso (sorely needed) and enough 4*s to have my first 2 completed ones.. and may even get my very first 1300 in PVP.. Yah, galactus was umm.. a word... but everything else has been a blast.

Agreed here, I hated galactus, despised the tokens (until the odds change) but Iso has flowed at an insane rate for me. I've earned around 200k in iso and I already had 300k stockpiled because I've reached the end of 2* limits and am waiting for covers for 3*.

A lot of people complained about the lack of iso so far so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I earned double iso on every single event and was lucky enough to keep winning 2 or 3k iso from galactus rounds which was then doubled.
  • killerkoala
    Malcrof wrote:

Agreed here, I hated galactus, despised the tokens (until the odds change) but Iso has flowed at an insane rate for me. I've earned around 200k in iso and I already had 300k stockpiled because I've reached the end of 2* limits and am waiting for covers for 3*.

A lot of people complained about the lack of iso so far so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I earned double iso on every single event and was lucky enough to keep winning 2 or 3k iso from galactus rounds which was then doubled.

it takes about 120k iso to fully level a 3* from 40-166. trust me ur gonna pray for every iso u can get ur hands on. and it even worst for 4* 400k to max out.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved the Ultron rounds, wished they'd keep them - they really spiced things up. It was so fun.

I keep seeing this. Everyone realizes Ultron was introduced in May, not last Anniversary, right?
    I think the people that compare Galactus to Ultron are not comparing Anniversary to Anniversary. They are comparing formats, since it is the second time they've created the alliance based event and based it on the Ultron template.

So people seem to be doubly irritated, because Anniversary to Anniversary, it doesn't feel as good... and seperately but just as annoying, Alliance event to Alliance event, it doesn't feel as fun. Hopefully most people don't believe that Ultron was the last Anniversary Event.
  • JVReal wrote:
    I loved the Ultron rounds, wished they'd keep them - they really spiced things up. It was so fun.

I keep seeing this. Everyone realizes Ultron was introduced in May, not last Anniversary, right?
    I think the people that compare Galactus to Ultron are not comparing Anniversary to Anniversary. They are comparing formats, since it is the second time they've created the alliance based event and based it on the Ultron template.

So people seem to be doubly irritated, because Anniversary to Anniversary, it doesn't feel as good... and seperately but just as annoying, Alliance event to Alliance event, it doesn't feel as fun. Hopefully most people don't believe that Ultron was the last Anniversary Event.

Yeah, basically I'm comparing Galactus to Ultron at the same time I'm comparing Anniversary to Anniversary. Sorry for the confusion. While I enjoy the idea of having a Mega-Event for the Anniversary - I feel the Galactus Mega-Event is flawed. And I offer up Ultron as a comparison event that had more clearly defined objectives.
This discussion has been closed.