OK, so at this point, what would save anniversary?

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
20 man Lightning Rounds with Legendaries for Top 5.

Galactus nodes stay almost as crazily scaled as they are now, but have a 50% chance at a Legendary token when you beat them.

Galactus himself gives an ever increasing chance at a Legendary token for beating him. The chance increases depending on what round you're at.

Once you've personally beaten all of your nodes in Galactus, they unlock again, letting your run G as often as you want for personal progression rewards.

Better Progression Rewards. PVP and Galactus.

30 Health packs in the mail, to go nuts.

With all that in place, this would seem a lot more fun, wouldn't it?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Honestly? Nothing. I think the damage is done...
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Honestly? Nothing. I think the damage is done...

Yup, now it's just a short season with **** tokens
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have to form an alliance and beat all 8 rounds in 3.5 days without force-closing in order to win a paycheck, and we get to see their progress and alliance chat.

I'd watch that for 3.5 days straight.

Plus we each get an anniversary token everytime they wipe.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus is a lost cause, but they could at least fix the tokens so PvP is worth a damn.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    You get a billion HP

and

You get a billion HP

EVERYONE GETS A BILLION HP

Seriously though - video apology that owns the mistakes not tries to **** excuse them, a detailed breakdown of changes to future runs of G taking on board feedback - make it very hard but fun - loads of posts that do that.

1 leg token to everyone who participated in G and one free cover of Cyclops.

Repeat of last years LRs.

Can't emphasis enough though - the apology and admission of mistakes is key to rebuild trust - if they still makeout this was working as intended than I'm done because if this really has played out the way they planned this isn't a game I want to be part of - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point? Nothing.

Galactus is a giant mess and the end result is that most people will get zero Cyclops covers. Even the very best teams will only get 3 covers. In a normal PvE, the top 10 in each bracket would get 4 covers if you count the alliance top 100 cover. So we get Galactus tokens to make up the difference? Well, too bad, the draw rate for 3* and 4* are worse than regular Heroics.

So then we still have the PvP, right? Except the PvP is bugged so it doesn't give out rewards over half of the time. Not to mention that Galactus and his insanely powerful side minions drain all of your health packs so you have nothing left. I can't even count the thousands of ISO I've lost to this bug.

Ok, so what else do we have? Nothing? No lightning rounds? Where's all of the double ISO?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing can save the anniversary itself. Consider it a failure and move on. The real question is how the do that.

They have to rebuild trust. Step 1 is admission this was bad, not IceX spin. Next, it will take some permanent game changes. Double ISO permanently. Make 4*s massively more attainable. Event tokens with guaranteed 3*, and good odds like 25% at 4*. The meta has long since moved on from this being a 2-3* game, but there are many players still stuck there.

They need to make this is a game for everyone, not just top 50 alliances.
  • Davan
    Davan Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I would say increase rewards and have enough that everybody can feel like they are getting something not only 4* players. Everyone keeps talking about legendary tokens and stuff. What about the relatively new players that are almost finished their 2* transition and are working on getting 3*s. The whole event should have been scaled properly so that all players could have an impact on the event. 2* players should have just as much of a chance as downing Galactus as the 3* and 4*s just maybe the rewards would be different depending on your roster level. On regular events even though my roster is small I have been able to grind enough points to get a legendary token. This event I don't have a prayer. I don't feel like I'm making a difference. I'm a new player Demiurge should be wanting to make things exciting for me and stick around to possibly spend money later.

Players around lvl 50-70ish could get tokens or 2* to 3* covers as rewards as well as HPs to increase their roster sizes. 70-120ish could receive 3* covers. Higher than that would have chances at legendary tokens. I doubt the would ever do this but they could offer blank covers as a special prize that you could use to level any skill of any character you wanted. Stop making the rates on character pulls for tokens jokes. I'm working on getting 3*s and even I think getting all these 2* covers is a joke I can't imagine the rage that higher level players must feel.

Respect your player base. You take care of them and do things fairly and they will return the favor by spending money. If you don't respect your players and half **** events that only cater to the top tiers of players, that aren't even fun, and ignore your new players they will turn on you like they have this weekend.

Ps. Fix your scaling. I pulled a OML from the ISO-8 Brotherhood legendary token I received after 8 days of grinding. You know what that did to my scaling? It made the game unplayable for me. I was punished for working hard and getting an awesome character. You turned 8 days of work and effort from what should have been a moment of joy into anger because it turned PVP and events into horror shows. I had to sell him to be able to do anything again. Is there any responses on scaling or offers of recompense. Nope. At least 4*s don't effect your scaling so much because they start at 70.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    send Galactus far far away or even delete the code so it can never run again. And its going to got worse with nothing to play since SIM PVE what many skip in the first place starts tomorrow. THey should of done a heroic or some other pve.

Only way to save it 100 HP SLOTS NO LIMIT

o by the way love how the party runs till next monday YET the HP sale ends tonight..they even know the party is over
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    They have to rebuild trust. Step 1 is admission this was bad, not IceX spin. Next, it will take some permanent game changes. Double ISO permanently. Make 4*s massively more attainable. Event tokens with guaranteed 3*, and good odds like 25% at 4*. The meta has long since moved on from this being a 2-3* game, but there are many players still stuck there.

They really need to add a new level of token between heroic and legendary, rare tokens that are 3* with a chance of 4* and the event tokens should be the same except with raised odds on their specific characters. Fixed 2* and 3* covers in event rewards should also be placed with these rare tokens.
  • I'm also not sure this event can be saved. We will just bend over one more time for round two then get on with life.

I will say that I would be happy if after the crapfest they went ahead and adjusted the future event reward structure to "officially" move the 4 stars into the new normal. Let's make them the general top placement rewards or at least a top 50 reward. Let's add to that a little and say that ALL new releases come with modified/expanded progressions to allow for more 3 stars, ISO and add a 3 or 4 star ONLY token.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    An informed apology, taking personal responsibility, and the resignation of whoever was responsible for using Forum strats against the players. Possibly a resignation (if the intent was true to make an event people were supposed to lose,) of the lead designer for the Galactus event.

I'd like some reworked odds on anniversaries, and for the events to work properly after. For Galactus Hungers Two to be shelved until the challenge is thematically accurate, and punishingly tough, but possible without force quitting or massive luck sac.

I don't see why we should actually get any other compensation past that. Cyclops covers would be nice, and the transition made easier also nice, but this is still a business and a game to make money. So tanking their business model entirely seems... unnessecary? I know that sounds like I'm letting people off easy, but that would actually salvage Anniversary for me. The ability to actually play and enjoy the game they put out, with a legitimate chance even if it is Low, of winning.

That's what I want. That's all I ever wanted.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save ? Nothing. But what at least would make things is better is:

First and imprescindible an APOLOGY, they need to acknowledge that they made a big mistake and they should give an apology, no more supposed to lose ****.

Then:

- Give everybody one price more than what they got, so if they made to round 6 then give one cyclops cover. Round 8 then 3 covers. If they cleared round 8 then 4 covers.
    - The same with progression rewards. The legendary token is too far. So if you got to 901k a legendary token if you got to 601k a HT, etc.
    - Give an extra Legendary to EVERYBODY
    - And finally change the odds of the anniversary tokens, to something similar to last years, so at least for the rest of the anniversary we have something good lo look for.

But the Apology first.
  • For the event being dissapointing and unplayable, an apology

For my 15+ anniversary/galactus tokens I've opened being 2 stars... I don't know. I guess a legendary token would be fair.

For the constant failure to meet any expectations of the customers from 4* DDQ to this, i don't know what you can do other than change.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Just one simple change will make all the hurt go away.

Remove all 2*s from anniversary and galactus tokens and scale up the % chance on all other prizes accordingly.

This would go a long was to appease some of the fustration felt in the community.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 2 cyclops covers from run1, wont be playing run 2. So if they compensate, I'll take a Red Hulk instead of another Cyclops, since their screw up of run1 is forcing me to skip run2 for the sake of my own personal well being.
  • Wooodd
    Not all of us want leg tokens. Being in 2-3 transition means all I get is another character I cannot roster. Whoohoo 1000 iso compo.
  • Wood I feel the worst for players like you. This time last year I was in your baot and the anniversary started my love for the game

iF I had a 2 star roster and opened up 20 2 star tokens as rewards for this anniversary, id quit.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fix the PvP bugs. Double Iso doesn't do a lot of good if it's only awarded 50% of the time.
  • Wooodd
    Wood I feel the worst for players like you. This time last year I was in your baot and the anniversary started my love for the game

iF I had a 2 star roster and opened up 20 2 star tokens as rewards for this anniversary, id quit.
    This is why I think they should remove them from the tokens for the remainder of the event. Would that really dent their pocket that much? Release two more new characters next week and that will get the whales squirting again.

So far I'm on 15 2*s and a KK cover. Suppose the KK makes me one of the lucky ones icon_rolleyes.gif
This discussion has been closed.