OK, so at this point, what would save anniversary?

Comments

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    When the Galactus event timer reaches zero, Uatu the watcher reveals himself and intervenes. The timer gets extended and the boss battle format changes to a fairer fight.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing.

In fact, I'm growing increasingly confident that they are going to make round 2 of Galactus worse. Some players figured out how to hit the progression. Can't have that going forward...
  • I have to be honest. It's not even the anniversary for me at this point, but more what it represents.

Opened my game this morning with a bit of dread.

Was greeted by a friendly, "Don't forget to SPEND SOME MONEY during the anniversary celebration" banner.

Went to my old faithful, DDQ. Realized it was ninja day. Shut my game down. Came back a couple hours later, thought, "Maybe a small victory will cheer me up." Wiped in Wave 3 after losing cStorm. Shut down my game, for who knows how long.

Love the guys in my alliance. Some great guys. Good conversations on Line, although lately there isn't much MPQ to talk about positively. Scaling, MMR, the effects of SS on both. The pointlessness of it all. The feeling of being punished for every "success." How everything always ends up being the player's fault somehow.

It's not just the anniversary for me at this point. It's what it represents.

DBC
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Tell people they are sorry for the problems.
    Remove half of the 2 stars from the anniversary tokens and give everyone a ten pack.
    Give everyone the next level Galactus reward.
    Lower Galactus ap generation to 2 and raise rewards for boss fight and all 5 sub nodes.

These are very realistic and reasonable actions, I think. Not asking for the world and still makes it seem sincere.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    It would require a Demiurge employee that :
    Cares about the reputation of their company, MPQ and all future products they release.
    Cares about the customers and views them as more than greedy cash cows
    Can step back and view the game as something other than their paycheck.
    Has a basic understanding of statistics and can realize the token problem.
    Has the authority and backbone to stand up to the Sega/d3/marvel/disney bean counters.
    Can admit they were wrong and own up to it
    Unfortunately such person likely does not exist.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Nothing will save it.

This is and will continue to be a failure of Galactus level proportions. Guess it was fate, since you know..."meant to lose" from the get go and all

easy...marc

EDIT: What JVReal posted on page 1 would fix everything for me

easy...marc
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    20-man lightning rounds including the double Iso for everything (meaning your non-skip "bonus," all rewards, and cover sales) and last year's anniversary tokens for top 10, legendary for winners.

Honestly, I'd settle for the 20-man brackets. The rest is just what would return the excitement I had prior to the anniversary actually starting.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'd say 5 free legendary tokens to every alliance that made it to round 8. And 2 legendary tokens for everyone. (so 7 total for those that made it to round 8)

Change the anniversary tokens to have great 4* rates w a chance of 5* and then give everyone the anniversary tokens they have already spent back to them.
    That'd make me not hate the anniversary
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    An epic mea culpa/apology for what they've provided. Some compensation - a lengendary for all, upgrade to next level of all progressions for events that have ended, 5k ISO and 500HP. AND ... put an end to this fiasco and have fun with it. Remember fun?

Uh-oh, looks like Hydra was at the wheels while we were in NY. Oops. To make it up to you we're having a Nonniversary event next month with all of the goodies you loyal Marvelites deserve.

Then deliver.
  • Idk about y'all, but on my end the anniversary is over. The sale ended for the **** extra hp and iso. The anniversary token had no daily deal. Sim is starting tomorrow and I'm waiting for season 20 to start.

In the meantime ISO farming the little I can from PVP and the prologue to get my Surfer up a couple of levels and xfw to 209.

I played DDQ today and got a red she hulk from the vault and the blue from TBE.

My MPQ life is returning to a new normal of playing for free and not whaling. The devs may as well give everyone a legendary ten pack if they want to save any kind of face.

But on their end the anniversary was a success and they got what they wanted.

So to them nothing needs to be saved.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    For me there's still time for them to salvage it. But considering the magnitude of how badly it was screwed up, the save is going to need to be enormous.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing they do now, it is already too late to save the memory for this anniversary. but things they can change:

For Galactus 2:

1) either unlimited health packs and boosts or no health lost when Galactus teleports you off his big head ship.
    2) scale down the minion fight, some of them felt like gauntlet punishment nodes.

But changes they should make to for the betterment of the game permanently:

1) remove 2* covers from heroic and event tokens (we already get enough 2* from standards and matches to last us a lifetime), either convert them to 250iso or health packs.
    2) scrollable leaderboards
    3) remove "true healing", viva la "prologue healing"
    4) remove 2* covers from season, shield simulator, and pvp progression; just make them heroic tokens or event tokens.
    5) pvp nodes either give the amount listed or more if they moved in points, never less.
    6) make the game fun again, play test in mind for someone who barely started the game and you as a dev want them to have fun and want to stay and pay you guys for the great job you do.
  • Giving everyone 1 of each cyclops would be a start
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) remove 2* covers from heroic and event tokens (we already get enough 2* from standards and matches to last us a lifetime), either convert them to 250iso or health packs.
    4) remove 2* covers from season, shield simulator, and pvp progression; just make them heroic tokens or event tokens.

This would be squashing a new player's sense of progression early and dramatically slowing down the 1->2 progression. Which makes sense, as this way they won't be disappointed by the progression later.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give us the cheat code for nude Moonstone
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

This would be squashing a new player's sense of progression early and dramatically slowing down the 1->2 progression. Which makes sense, as this way they won't be disappointed by the progression later.

Sensible option would be to reduce 2* odds in heroic tokens and make event tokens give 3* with a chance of 4* and to balance things 2* cover rewards get changed to heroic tokens rather than event tokens in progression awards.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Crowl wrote:

Sensible option would be to reduce 2* odds in heroic tokens and make event tokens give 3* with a chance of 4* and to balance things 2* cover rewards get changed to heroic tokens rather than event tokens in progression awards.

When you require a specific character, it's nice to have those available in progression rewards.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tokens/progression at this stage, aside from the 1000-1300 gap in PvP that should have 1-2 iso/hp rewards added in.
  • Wood I feel the worst for players like you. This time last year I was in your baot and the anniversary started my love for the game

This! Yup, this sums up my whole experience. Last year's anniversary was a fun, made me love the game again, I loved the Ultron rounds, wished they'd keep them - they really spiced things up. It was so fun.

But, not this year, I'm just skipping it. Not worth spending the money, HP, or health packs.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Half off Roster Spots until the end of the anniversary. That's valuable to new and old players, and would probably help hook the newcomers to keep playing (they're invested now) so there's long term financial reasons for D3 to do it too.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    I loved the Ultron rounds, wished they'd keep them - they really spiced things up. It was so fun.

I keep seeing this. Everyone realizes Ultron was introduced in May, not last Anniversary, right?
This discussion has been closed.