Take a breath.. and please read this before you post!

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone! How's it going? I bet i can guess the answer to that one!

Right now, the forums and the game are in a state of distress.. as it appears are many, many, many of it's players.

So, hear me out.. right now, we are ALL, and i include myself in this... tilting at windmills...

All i am saying is simply.. in regards to the anniversary mayhem, can we hold off on posts (use the rant thread if you need to get something off your chest) until we hear from a DEV?

All this screaming, arguing, cursing the gods.. is doing nothing if we can't get them to read it... so.. until one of them shows up to give us some info.. let's find other things to talk about.

When they do show.. and hopefully with answers.. THEN.. in a nice, constructive way (please?).. let'em know what you think, if they have't figured it out already.

Sniping at each other, and at the sky is going nowhere fast.. Rage-quitting and begging others to stop playing and to quit.. is doing nothing ... except hurting yourself.

Remember Ultron.. at the beginning it had issues, we all exploded on the forum.. they fixed it.. and within a month, we were begging for it to be run again.. Let us hope they fix this event, and we can say the same thing in a month.

That is all.

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    And no new posts were made for weeks.... icon_lol.gif

94NN9Qj.jpg
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Unfortunately due to NYCC, all the devs are out of the office. NYCC ends on October 11th.

Though I have confidence at least one of them brought a laptop with them and can either post on the forums to give us information, or to VPN back into their network and fix anything that may need fixing.

I have confidence...

I have confidence...

Please don't let us down...
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I'm afraid if people stop their complaints/concerns that D3 will think nothing is wrong.

We just want some clarification on the anniversery event and all we get is silence. =(
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I think this event is the first time where I'm having trouble finding anyone post anything positive about Galactus...usually there are a few people who will stick up for d3 but even the whales with a maxed SS won't be able to beat Galactus this time around.
  • moogles85 wrote:
    I think this event is the first time where I'm having trouble finding anyone post anything positive about Galactus...usually there are a few people who will stick up for d3 but even the whales with a maxed SS won't be able to beat Galactus this time around.

I'm enjoying it, getting my butt kicked and all.

I've also been pretty "whoa calm the freak down plz"

Does that count?
  • I assume that the change to the node difficulty means they have the ability to make changes currently. Even at its worst Voltron rewarded us with a fair amount of HP and the possibility of beating the boss. This event has been underwhelming at best and horribly frustrating at worst.
  • And they DID run it again... for icon_caroldanvers.png Which exactly NO ONE was excited for. But yeah, here in round 6 I'm just having fun throwing people into his baleful stare. Screen 4 of my 71 person roster is getting nervous. If I met a dev at NYCC, I'd slap them at least once. This just in: I just purchased a ticket to NYCC. icon_razz.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I've decided too not bother with this event.

I'm not particularly angry about the event,i like how its structured and the theme. The difficulty is way too high ( if completing an event with a maxed out surfer is unlikely then it's way too hard) but that could be fixed.

Every token I've acquired whether galactus hungers or an anniversary token had yielded nothing but useless 2* covers ( theyve literally all been ms marvel and mhawkeye) and I'm definitely not gonna get any of the decent rewards from this event so I'm not bothering with it.
  • These windmills are real though...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof, I appreciate your attempt to maintain civility, but there are far too many separate failures to be contained in a single thread.

From bad token rates, to actual server issues, to possible bugs (but we aren't sure) like node unlocks and timer counts, to things that aren't bugs but are just bad design like 3 turns and you're dead gameplay. There is simply too much. Each deserves to exist, and people see attempts to redirect everything into one spot as an attempt to sweep it under the rug. Even if it is truly altruistic, which in your case I don't doubt, trying to over manage this may not be viewed well, and has the potential to just add more fire to the flames.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    johnnyzero wrote:

Can only upvote this once! LOL, that, is perfect..
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Sorry, no.

The developers have already communicated with us. The mechanics of the fight are crystal clear on its face.

At Round 6, you have three turns to win, most of the time. Whether you succeed or not is dependent upon board placement, tile spawning locations, and whether you get lucky with a board shake or tile-generating skill.

This is not a fun fight. This is not something where any in-fight strategy will typically make a difference.

Whether you defeat Galactus or not is dependent purely on chance. This event the equivalent of opening a token pack for an entire alliance, and true to form, most alliances will get a Moonstone.

We don't need to wait for a developer comment, we have all the information we need to respond. The ball is in their court, but they deserve every single bit of the feedback that they're getting for this one.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    moogles85 wrote:

The artwork is pretty nice....
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I assume that the change to the node difficulty means they have the ability to make changes currently. Even at its worst Voltron rewarded us with a fair amount of HP and the possibility of beating the boss. This event has been underwhelming at best and horribly frustrating at worst.

Great now I need Voltron puzzle quest in my life
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    NYCC and weekend. Most likely the developers will only respond on Monday EST time and not before that.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enoc99 wrote:
    Unfortunately due to NYCC, all the devs are out of the office. NYCC ends on October 11th.

Though I have confidence at least one of them brought a laptop with them and can either post on the forums to give us information, or to VPN back into their network and fix anything that may need fixing.

I have confidence...

I have confidence...

Please don't let us down...
    The last convention they said " devs don't attend, only marketing department"

This typical Demiurge pretend their customers don't care
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    kensterr wrote:
    NYCC and weekend. Most likely the developers will only respond on Monday EST time and not before that.

They have said that they don't send devs to cons to they are not there so that's not a valid excuse. They also said they'd be well-staffed to make sure this went smoothly.

Yeah.
  • Whatever you're getting paid, Malcrof, it's not nearly enough… icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Benjermain
    Benjermain Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Malcrof wrote:

Sniping at each other, and at the sky is going nowhere fast.. Rage-quitting and begging others to stop playing and to quit.. is doing nothing ... except hurting yourself.

We aren't sniping at each other OR the sky. Unanimously, we are attacking the game and the makers of that game. We are frustrated at a SERIES of decisions that reduced or destroyed enjoyment in a celebration of the players who have gotten MPQ this far. The forgiving and generous players who pay for new roster slots, health packs, and covers to support this game.

I am on Day 592 and I've spent real money supporting the devs. Do I deserve an anniversary celebration and prizes for my continued support? Maybe, maybe not. I'm pretty sure I don't deserve whatever the tinykitty THIS is. Do I deserve a functioning product that operates as intended? I think so. Do I deserve to be told why there are issues, what is being done to correct the situation, and a timeframe to when the game might be fixed? I would hope that would be a priority instead of spiking the difficulty further.

Maybe I'm asking for too much though.

I appreciate what you are saying Malcrof, but the player base is almost entirely frustrated, confused, and disillusioned. Forums exist so that we can feel heard when we have something that needs to be said. The fact that you had to institute a gripes thread (and then desticky it) and still have acrimony spill over to the rest of the board, is proof of how complete our antipathy is. If you don't have answers for us, get out of the way and let us vent. Telling us to shut up, that our concerns aren't valid, however civil and diplomatic your tone, is not helping.
This discussion has been closed.