7 Day Events: Worth the effort? The debate!

13»

Comments

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:
    So I joined at 778 and doing regular clears and one extra per sub I ended up top 50. This happens every time I late start. So unless 700-950 or so people don't care about placement or stop playing then how else would I catch up? If you are saying my points are the same as everyone else's, how can I vault into top 50 so easily? Not trying to argue, just asking a question. I've seen lots of posts about rubberbanding as an advantage to late starting.

I might be able to help.. i was in your bracket and i noticed you managed to hold 1st position at the beginning of the sub. did you double clear? if not, then definitely you were gaining more than double points compared to people who start from day 1.

I double cleared at the middle of the one sub just to get it over with and push me into the legendary. Didn't feel like coming back in 8 hours. People reallllly must not have been hitting this pve as I finished top 50 without trying. Usually I have to work to stay top 100 if I need the hp.
  • People are really taking it easy. I was lucky to get into a baby bracket. Holding currently 1st position (but will probably finish 2nd since I'm done playing). Even #3 in my bracket not likely to hit legendary because he's currently sitting at 71K with 8 hours left. Mind you baby bracket doesn't mean all 1* noobs. Top 10 are all solid 3* rosters with all essentials. I was only motivated in this event that in such a lazy bracket I was hitting top 10 every sub without insanely excessive grind and farming 100 HP a day. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.