Thoress opponent bets

13»

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. Guaranteed the prof x opponent will have a decent aoe ability. Can't escape the aoe!
    Carnage really does make an interesting foe for him. He provides attack tiles for the Professor to boost, his red will be mitigated but not negated by invisibility, and his green has a chance of destroying the Professor's invisibility tile (I think?).

Any Professor without invisibility would be totally boned, though, unless the board just gives him match-5 after match-5.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 8 issues so far have Thoress fighting a few enemies. Ice giants, Malekith, Thor, Creel, Dario Agger and The Destroyer.

Only one of which is in MPQ so far. I figure fighting Thor makes the most sense in a storyline point of view...though it makes less sense when both are armed with Mjolnir.
    Loki isn't offensive enough, simply attacking you with match damage isn't a threat. Thoress doesn't create strike or protect tiles, so he can't even flip that on you.

Captain Marvel would be interesting., can't hit her too hard. Battle of the blondes.
    Maybe Vision, as the only character in the MCU capable of lifting Mjolnir?
  • Human Torch.
    Destroy your special red tiles but you can convert some tiles of Inferno.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Captain Marvel would be interesting., can't hit her too hard. Battle of the blondes.
    Sure you can, just stun her first.
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Human Torch.
    Destroy your special red tiles but you can convert some tiles of Inferno.
    Torch could be very interesting since he can destroy charged red tiles to supercharge Fireball. His HP may be a bit low though...
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    The opponents have been pretty difficult overall....I don't see why that would change. Thoress is a pretty strong 4* so I'm guessing it's Ares or Rags. Ares would be brutal imo, so i'm hoping for anyone else....but Rags with the charged sounds like something they would set up.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    A level 270 Rags would be hard, but beatable. He creates blue to help you stun him, and he creates charged tiles that help her red do more damage.

A level 270 Ares would be a nightmare. You'd have to deny green, which doesn't help you at all, and also yellow which is of minimal value to you since Ares doesn't create any special tiles.

I'd much much rather fight Rags, but I'm guessing that Ares is the opponent. My Goddess is pretty strong so I'd eventually win, but no level 111 1/2/1 Goddess even has a prayer against a buffed Ares.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Nope. Guaranteed the prof x opponent will have a decent aoe ability. Can't escape the aoe!
    Carnage really does make an interesting foe for him. He provides attack tiles for the Professor to boost, his red will be mitigated but not negated by invisibility, and his green has a chance of destroying the Professor's invisibility tile (I think?).

Any Professor without invisibility would be totally boned, though, unless the board just gives him match-5 after match-5.

Wasn't there a complaint that Call the Storm and Scythes don't work against an invisible PX? Gave a no valid target or something. Not sure if that was fixed or not
  • i have no doubt it will be ragnarok
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    woopie wrote:
    Wasn't there a complaint that Call the Storm and Scythes don't work against an invisible PX? Gave a no valid target or something. Not sure if that was fixed or not
    I'm told it was fixed, and that solo, invisible enemies now get the non-target damage in those cases.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Going to the very start of the thread, how do you foresee incoming required 4*?????
    OP said Thoress was included in the vault rotation, but i see her and Starlord there so how do you know?
    Thanks in advance for the clarification icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Going to the very start of the thread, how do you foresee incoming required 4*?????
    OP said Thoress was included in the vault rotation, but i see her and Starlord there so how do you know?
    Thanks in advance for the clarification icon_e_wink.gif
    It's the one directly below the Legendary token. The third four-star is random.