Thoress opponent bets

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    As the owner of a level 70 1/1/1 4hor, I, ahem, am deeply afraid of Loki as a possible opponent.
    Yes. Please don't make us fight Loki. That would be awful. And hard! Yes, that's it, too hard.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a dissenting vote let's say Ares. Do you risk putting charged tiles out when he can whomp you with yellow or green that are relatively low cost.
    IceIX did say they had two-star opponents lined up, so this is a possibility.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    For a dissenting vote let's say Ares. Do you risk putting charged tiles out when he can whomp you with yellow or green that are relatively low cost.
    IceIX did say they had two-star opponents lined up, so this is a possibility.

Yup. Been trying to figure out where a 2* would fit in and this seems like the most likely option for a 2* vs a 4*. Fits thematically, has the two color overlap and since the devs stated many more people have maxed Thoresses they might like to throw out an extra challenge here.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Ares would be insanity.
    6k rampage and Thoress (memory serving) can't use the green he feeds over, a big chunk of sunder and a rampage to fall back on if he gets too slow.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    If it's Rags or Ares... Yeah, I'm totally boned.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm never saying never again after my gimpy Deadpool pulled out the win, but I really don't like a 1/3/3 Goddess' odds against the God of War.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's usually been two shared colors - Wolverine and Cyclops share yellow and black, Fury and Magneto share yellow and blue, IW and Quicksilver share green and blue, Hulkbuster and Hulk share red and black. Deadpool and Wolverine broke the mold by only sharing black.
    I don't think the two shared colors thing is completely by design. If I've done the math correctly there are only 20 combinations of three out of six colors, and twelve of those share two colors with any given set of three -- eleven if you rule out a triple color match.

I expect that sooner or later, we'll see matches that break the trend of exactly two colors matching.
  • didn't the trend already break when Deadpool 4* fought x-force wolverine. They only overlapped on one color, black.
  • Dayv
    didn't the trend already break when Deadpool 4* fought x-force wolverine. They only overlapped on one color, black.
    Good point!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 4 days to try pulling an extra colour for Thoress. And I'll still be going undercover again. I'm determined to slay one of these beasts while armed with nothing but 2 cover hero!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    didn't the trend already break when Deadpool 4* fought x-force wolverine. They only overlapped on one color, black.
    and the thing is, xp has no black active ability, so while you got your match damage while denying black, it served you no purpose, unlike xf/Cyclops and fury/mags, etc. this one was very hard to me, but my xp was only 2/-/- so, not much chance anyway. my thoress is now 5/2/1 and might have a shot - may put some levels into her for it.
  • Dayv
    TxMoose wrote:
    my thoress is now 5/2/1 and might have a shot - may put some levels into her for it.
    I think you can pull it off with that, unless the matchup is truly evil.
  • OneLastGambit
    Just putting it out there but when Prof X gets his DDQ I'll bet nobody completes it icon_lol.gif
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Just pulled my second Thoress of the week, same thing happened before the Hulkbuster challenge, and I pulled an XFDP last week. Methinks the devs like to give me false hope for these challenges. Let's see what 1/3/1 can do with that totally useful aoe yellow...
  • OneLastGambit
    The opponent is going to be a level 900 Juggernaut
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I just imagined a 270 Juggernaut crashing a board full of charged tiles *shudder*
  • OneLastGambit
    If it is Juggs then I'll match damage him to death. icon_lol.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Ultron: Can't be stunned plus it would kind of tie in to the release of the Age of Ultron bluray release.

In terms of challenge posed, Ultron is only a hair better than Loki. His blue only works if there's already a friendly special tile on the board, and his red is pathetic even at high levels. All you'd have to do is deny him black

Tetris Ultron.
  • Just putting it out there but when Prof X gets his DDQ I'll bet nobody completes it icon_lol.gif

I'm thinking everyone with at least one pink cover will win it. Just need a lucky invisible token placement.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    metabelian wrote:
    Just putting it out there but when Prof X gets his DDQ I'll bet nobody completes it icon_lol.gif

I'm thinking everyone with at least one pink cover will win it. Just need a lucky invisible token placement.

Nope. Guaranteed the prof x opponent will have a decent aoe ability. Can't escape the aoe!