Thoress opponent bets

She's now in our DDQ vault rotation, so she's the next on legendary node.

Who's she gonna face? You decide (not really)!

Comments

• LazyThor with KK or GSBW purpleflag.png teamup
    I thought about kk purple, cheaper and still very good.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok could be interesting. It will likely be Thor though. Just to be different I'll guess 2* Thor leveled to 270 though. icon_lol.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarlet witch, see who can stun who first. With a wind storm TU, heh.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    How about low level silver surfer. Can't stunlock him but you can use his charged tiles.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok makes thematic sense, plus he can use her charged tiles but she can't use his (except to power up Smite a bit).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok makes thematic sense, plus he can use her charged tiles but she can't use his (except to power up Smite a bit).

This was my guess. Rags will try to take your charged tiles for his powers, you need them for yours, 2 colors shared, perfect opponent.
  • Quebbster
    Here's what IceIX had to say a while back:
    IceIX wrote:
    The one we've got planned to come up after Deadpool will be one that most players have a bit more power on. That one also happens to be, personally, the most interesting out of the 4* fights we've got set so far.
    I don't think Thor would count as an interesting fight, actually - that's mostly a race to see who can get their big combo off first - Thunderstrike + Call the storm or Power Surge + Smite?
    Guess that makes Ragnarok more likely...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think Ragnorak is the most likely opponent. The two share two colors (red, blue) and as a bonus use/spam charged tiles. A 270 Rag is a nightmare to deal with. You can't ignore green, AI luvs to self heal, and red is too easy to trigger. It makes perfect sense for D3 to set up a Thoress/Rag matchup. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Ragnarok like most people said with a Loki purple team up would be my guess although he could have an iron man team up as he was one of his creators
  • Quebbster
    MrBowers wrote:
    Ragnarok like most people said with a Loki purple team up would be my guess although he could have an iron man team up as he was one of his creators
    Too bad you can't get Recharge as a teamup, that would be right up Rags' alley.
  • My bet is Ragnarok or Loki.

Ragnarok is her antithesis and well rounded fighter, plus they share 2 colors. Blue especially could get annoying.

Loki icon_loki.png is Thor's arch-nemesis? He would be easy but how comic-booky would that be?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine my efforts at going undercover for this DDQ 4* node are going to be met with intense frustration on my part if it is Rags. I despise fighting him when he's not overpowered and my lady lightening is only 2 yellowtile.png unless I pick up another before then.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 100% convinced it will be vs. Ragnarok. Charged tiles vs Charged tiles
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a dissenting vote let's say Ares. Do you risk putting charged tiles out when he can whomp you with yellow or green that are relatively low cost.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bet is Ragnarok or Loki.

Ragnarok is her antithesis and well rounded fighter, plus they share 2 colors. Blue especially could get annoying.

Loki icon_loki.png is Thor's arch-nemesis? He would be easy but how comic-booky would that be?
    Loki would make sense thematically, but he's got nothing on 4* Thor even when boosted. She doesn't make any protect/strike tiles for him to steal with Trickery, and Illusions isn't very useful as an offensive move and will often be used by the AI when there was a really good match it should go for first (watching the AI spoil a perfect match 5 this way is hilarious).

With his low health and lack of offensive skills, even a lightly covered 4* Thor would take him down without breaking a nail.

They could pit her against a god from another pantheon, though. Level 270 Ares, perhaps? Who doesn't love fighting boosted Ares? Anyone? Anyone?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm... Loki would be a bit of a pushover. And Ares... Ugh... Rags is about the same. A level 270 Rags that only requires 6 Red AP to just go nuts all over you seems like how d3 is rolling with these DDQ battles.

But power-wise... They seem to like to have one over-lap color and two colors that the required player does not have. That brings some of the options (this is not exhaustive) to Doom, Scarlett Witch, or Black Panther.... I could also see them using Fury as the enemy... It fits my color theory and having Avenger vs. Avenger seems fun.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's usually been two shared colors - Wolverine and Cyclops share yellow and black, Fury and Magneto share yellow and blue, IW and Quicksilver share green and blue, Hulkbuster and Hulk share red and black. Deadpool and Wolverine broke the mold by only sharing black.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Ultron: Can't be stunned plus it would kind of tie in to the release of the Age of Ultron bluray release.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    He'd have a Hailstorm TU obviously. icon_twisted.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    As the owner of a level 70 1/1/1 4hor, I, ahem, am deeply afraid of Loki as a possible opponent.