Another Wolverine?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    The skills are great, the character reveal is anything but. I was hoping it would at least turn out to be a Logan/Hawkeye team-up.

EDIT: He's even got the same animations as the 2*, 3* 4* models. Boooooooring.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I think 5* is selling wolverine short. He did kill Phoenix in the comics... lol

Power levels in marvel comics don't even make sense from comic to comic. Kingpin beat the shiz out of spiderman. Spidey beats a herald of galactus. I think mpq has a way to go before they outdo marvel icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    (Everyone who hasn't already should read the OML collection; it is really damn good.)
    Is it on Marvel Unlimited? I generally avoid Millar's stuff these days, but I might give it a read on there.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star rating isn't indicative of power level???

Okay except the star rating directly indicates the power level.

That's what the star rating does, in conjunction with rarity, higher star rating equals higher power equals a stronger character.

So yeah... Or are you trying to say 5 star wolverine isn't stronger than 4 star Professor X? Because he is. In MPQ Wolverine is stronger than Professor X, Thor, and Magneto.

That's freaking ridiculous to me.

No, deliberately misunderstanding doesn't make a point.

Star level may determine the power of a character in the game but it is not indicative of their relative power level in the comics. Star level determines rarity covers and character power in game only.

Thor is a 2 star. Thing and Starlord are 4 stars. Reconcile that with your logic that wolverine can't have a 5 star model because wolverine isn't more powerful in the comics than professor X.

And while you're at it explain why 3* and 4* Wolverine being more powerful than 2* Thor is OK but now they are doing something offensive by making 5* Wolverine more powerful than Thor. Or Sentry who owns just about every character easily is only a 3*.

Your position is freaking ridiculous to me.
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    scottee wrote:
    Need to make a signature. They've said before, star power is only in terms of cover rarity, not comic universe power.

It's totally fair game now...

We should all lobby for 5* J. Jonah Jameson icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    scottee wrote:
    Need to make a signature. They've said before, star power is only in terms of cover rarity, not comic universe power.

It's totally fair game now...

We should all lobby for 5* J. Jonah Jameson icon_lol.gif

Yeah, or next anniversary we'll see 5* Aunt May. 5 cost Pink ability: She picks up her walker and beats you with it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Wolverine is popular and ties into stuff Marvel is doing in their comics. Just the nature of the biz.

Given that this is a 5*, there surely must have been characters that tied into the ongoing event in the comics better than him and were more suited to being a 5* and it is such a shame that instead of somebody different we get yet another Wolverine.

Best way they could have tied into the current events?
    doom-hed.jpg
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    We need an Alpha Flight wolverine now.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Make a one-star Wolverine of his old brown costume. Always loved that one.
  • STOPTHIS wrote:
    D3 has their goals, you have your own tastes. These aren't always going to align. Personally, I'd prefer someone else, but I don't think I could convince them to add Darkhawk.

Right with you on that one.

Conflicted cause I want Speedball first. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    (Everyone who hasn't already should read the OML collection; it is really damn good.)
    Is it on Marvel Unlimited? I generally avoid Millar's stuff these days, but I might give it a read on there.

Not sure, mate. I'm still proper old school when it comes to comics, print only icon_razz.gif

And yeah, I hear ya. Millar is a grade A ****. He's no Frank Miller but he's not far off.
  • Make a one-star Wolverine of his old brown costume. Always loved that one.

Isn't that literally just star.pngstar.png Daken?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    I'm only disappointed because marvels doing this huge all new marvel thing, this very month.

5 stars don't appeal to new players
    45 different series are starting this month

And old man logan is the comic that got chosen.
    Like 5 of those 45 are different spiderverse characters.

Its not a complaint but I really hope theres some secret stash of 4 stars waiting for this pretty much easy opportunity.
    http://marvel.com/news/group/977/all-ne ... alcount=20
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Guys, Wolverine's power level changes when he changes his clothes just like in the comics!

He's ironically the best example to show how star rating does not have anything to do with the characters power level in comics.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually one of the worse parts is, check out who the actual new wolverine is.

marvelWhosWhopt2-720x613.jpg

That could have been different while catering to wolverine fans. x-23 is fairly cool.

Daredevils got a new costume, a-force includes an original character. Theres a ton of opportunity, weirder still that MFF seems to be capitalizing on this situation with the aforementioned a-team, the costumes for new versions of characters and even going so far as to add agents of shield characters.

Like doctor strange, the sorcerer supreme being a 5 star? I can totally see that.
  • I might catch some flack for this, but Wolverine was always my least favorite of the X-Men. I always found him angry, annoying, and kind of a jerk (plus he was always trying to get Jean to cheat on Cyclops), but he is fun to play as in MPQ.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might catch some flack for this, but Wolverine was always my least favorite of the X-Men. I always found him angry, annoying, and kind of a jerk (plus he was always trying to get Jean to cheat on Cyclops), but he is fun to play as in MPQ.

Seconded. People always like Wolverine because they think he's fearless and tough but come on, who wouldn't be fearless with an indestructible skeleton and a healing factor which means you heal fatal injuries in a few minutes? Plus he's quite dull to read most of the time, though I enjoy his crossovers with Hulk and Deadpool.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

That could have been different while catering to wolverine fans. x-23 is fairly cool.

Daredevils got a new costume, a-force includes an original character. Theres a ton of opportunity, weirder still that MFF seems to be capitalizing on this situation with the aforementioned a-team, the costumes for new versions of characters and even going so far as to add agents of shield characters.

Like doctor strange, the sorcerer supreme being a 5 star? I can totally see that.

X-23 feels more like a 3/4 star character to me - hopefully they'll introduce her soon. I think that would be cool.

Found a bigger graphic here -

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/06/marvelWhosWhopt21.jpg

Huh. Dr. Spectrum is a woman. That's pretty cool (and pretty easy - the powers come from an alien gem.) She and Hyperion are from a failed Avengers/Justice League crossover. I heard that they planned a crossover, but DC pulled the plug. So Marvel just made an alternate universe with the Squadron Supreme! Their names were Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum, Power Princess, and the Whizzer. Oh, no, not Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and the Flash at all! icon_e_smile.gif

There was actually a really interesting mini series in the 80s where the superhero team actually tried to change the world. Like many AU stories it was a bit on the bloody side, but an interesting treatment the topic.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

X-23 feels more like a 3/4 star character to me - hopefully they'll introduce her soon. I think that would be cool.

Found a bigger graphic here -

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/06/marvelWhosWhopt21.jpg

Huh. Dr. Spectrum is a woman. That's pretty cool (and pretty easy - the powers come from an alien gem.) She and Hyperion are from a failed Avengers/Justice League crossover. I heard that they planned a crossover, but DC pulled the plug. So Marvel just made an alternate universe with the Squadron Supreme! Their names were Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum, Power Princess, and the Whizzer. Oh, no, not Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and the Flash at all! icon_e_smile.gif

There was actually a really interesting mini series in the 80s where the superhero team actually tried to change the world. Like many AU stories it was a bit on the bloody side, but an interesting treatment the topic.

Marvel DC did indeed plan an avengers/JLA crossover....and executed to perfection. Jim Lee artwork on the whole run and it was a great story and event which ended up with superman carrying caps shield and thors hammer to beat the villain.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jim Lee artwork? George Perez is offended at the comparison!