Juggernaut for the 19,000th time!

Comments

• How can there not be more variation in this game? Also, how is it fair that a 1* character can scale as high as 228 which I'm currently fighting and his headbutt is doing like 6k damage for the cost of 6 reds! It makes me wonder if they just want him in there to eat all your health packs to tempt you into buying more. Its really quite ridiculous when we can only own a level 40 Jugs.

This game is designed to sell health packs and HP. Jugs is part of that solution. He does one slam, tiles drop and feed his AP, so he can do the other slam, causing tiles to drop to feed his AP.

All part of the plan.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy setting myself little challenges throughout the game, I quite enjoy trying to match damage Juggs to death...until I met the overpowered level 204 Juggs from the last sub. I was ready to snap my phone and gave up my challenge in favour of teaching him a lesson
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    204 Jugs still tears me a new one.

I got owned by him that many times that the level actually dropped from 228 to 204, didn't make much difference though. My highest non boosted character is 131, and they all just get dispatched like flies. The only hope is the boosted and a 10K Storm is no match for him.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    While I've learned to deal with Juggs (AP stealers or a Thor/Hulk combo works best, for my roster), I'm just tired of still seeing him in such heavy rotation for the PVE's, and that goes for a lot of the early game, non-goon villains that are still hanging around. When they phased out the Dark Reign of the title I was hoping to see the Dark Avengers phased out, or at least diminished in PVE play time. (I'm fine with them in PVP, they are valuable for early game players in the 1-2* range.)

Why haven't we seen the Sinister Six or the actual Brotherhood of Evil Mutants worked in to break up the monotony? Heck, I don't care if they're the Lazy version for the original Dark Avengers or just straight up the same * level re-skins. Let's have Rhino as the new Juggs (his power set make more sense for Rhino anyway, the comics Juggs never "charges", he mainly just walks.) Let's have Mysterio replace Moonstone or Sandman replace Ragnorok (god I'm sick of Ragnorok)! Something,anything, instead of the same faces every event!

I realize this may be an issue more for the long timers than for those who have joined over the last year, but sometimes I feel like I'm been reading 50 issues of Spiderman where he keeps facing highschool bully Flash Thompson over and over again. I'm getting ready to fight Galactus, why is THIS guy in my face again?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped out again twice this morning. I finally take down Jugs to be greeted by Ares with Onslaught, Rampage and Sunder all in a row. icon_rolleyes.gif

Even if you try to deny Jugs from killing you, all the AI does is build up the other guys powers so they can finish you off when you do actually manage to knock down Jugs.

Target Ares first and deny red to stop headbutt. the board shake is annoying but not damaging, Ares has 2 skills which are lethal. I've also found that AI seems to prefer using the powers of whoever I am targeting so if I keep it on Ares I rarely get headbutted.

I found that taking out Jugs first was the better option for me, the headbutt was more of a danger than any of Ares' attacks and besides colour denial, I focused on purple to feed either Iceman or OBW's AP stealing, the latter obviously helping to keep Sunder or Onslaught off the table too while feeding Iceman's AoE.
  • Yeah, that was brutal. By the end my Ares+Juggs were lvl 290 or so. I knew it was going to eat up my health packs so I actually did a sub-optimal grind for this event. Clearing out the hardest node with about 6 hours left so I could get some health packs back to finish out the others.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the many reasons I don't play PVE anymore.
  • Perhaps a tiered opponents system could be developed?

Short version:
    Like a gauntlet or Simulator event, teams are created for each node of an event. When your scaling reaches a certain point, the team changes to a harder combination of higher levelled villains/heroes.

Long version:
    Restrict villains to one star tier higher in scaling. If you would encounter them at higher than this (so a 1 star like Venom/Juggs in a node where their level would be 95+), they are replaced with a villain from a higher tier of power.

Layer the tiers so that 2*'s scale up to 166 before being replaced and so on.
    The devs come up with interesting combinations during both Simulator and Gauntlet PvE events, it can't be a big stretch with the larger 3 and 4 star rosters developing to plonk newer characters into level appropriate nodes.

Scale back down because of losses/too much damage and the node thinks you're an easybeat and sends the lower tier villains after you again.. beat the guys there too often and someone nastier steps in to slow you down.

Thematically it works and after first runs we already see storylines compromised by changed essentials on the hero side of things. Why not make dynamic villain nodes to help players track their success through more than just points?

Additionally, minion nodes can stay that way if pure nodes and be adjusted to the dynamic nodes if needed (to either feed or fill a missing colour)
  • I do that that idea of changing villian characters for powers COULD work, but we don't quite have a full enough roster to do so.

I mean, take this current event, Iso-8 Brotherhood.

With all there scaling, the enemies are a mix of various Mooks, icon_ares.pngicon_bullseye_old.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_hood.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_venom.pngicon_yelena.png

Which is a decentish variety, but does get old.

If we tried to stick to actual player limits on enemy levels, getting into the 60s-90s removes 3/10 of those options. So you'd only get 7 out of that ten set over and over again

Getting into the 100s-150s leaves you with just icon_hood.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_ragnarok.png as your enemies. Could probably add in icon_bullseye.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png , but that'd still be a pretty light lineup. Otherwise, you'd need to get pretty creative for what others you can put in. I mean, icon_sentry.png isn't part of the Dark Avengers yet at this point, and the only other potential Cabal member who may even be there would be icon_kingpin.png, as far as I can think of. (Also: only villian character who could feasibly be there if you're in 4 star.png land.)

It'd get staler quicker if we stuck to normal level guns here, I'd think.
  • Who said they always need to be villains?

Again, other than the first run of a storyline event, the playerbase uses essentials that are outside the created scope.

In the comics universes heroes fight other heroes all the time. Soon we'll have Civil War on our screens and in the other franchise we'll have big name 1 vs bigname 2... the devs shouldn't be limited by script outside of the initial run precisely because the playerbase isn't.
  • Eh, I can't say I'd be a big fan of suddenly seeing Captian Marvel working for the Dark Avengers, supposedly.

Like I'm for a bit more variety, but I think there's some value to the story greater then "None at all." (Even if you get junk like sending Nick Fury out on a mission to rescue Nick Fury)

The obvious solution to this?

More Mystique and Skrulls doing shapeshifting bullhunk to fill in as other characters.

I kinda wish slightly-recolored clone mooks could be a thing, too. Like, don't have Cyclops be a fight in Iso-8. Just have a weird purply mutant who looks very similar to him and also shoots out eye lasers in there!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Hmm...
    Did you try denying red?
    You sound like someone who's never had to down one with 25k health

Silver Surfer only has 47K health and for an extra 1 red AP, Cosmic Beam is closely equivalent damage without the self-harm drawback, but I thought we had pretty much decided that SS isn't OP because he can be beaten, so 25k health shouldn't be a problem. Right? icon_lol.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    More Mystique and Skrulls doing shapeshifting bullhunk to fill in as other characters.

That might be an interesting PVE dynamic - a Skrull enemy, that starts imitating an established, active-power hero character, but when they receive enough damage (or are stunned) reverts to a true form Skrull goon, with countdown only powers. One of those countdown tiles could then be them preparing to change shape again, back into a random active character. Could make for some fun matches, a random x factor to keep you on your toes.
  • Overscaled Hood, Juggs & Venom is pure nonsense. Stun, Headbutt, Stun, Headbutt, Wipe. Rinse & Repeat.
  • Nick441234
    I feel like this thread needs reviving. icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, this Hulk event with Jugs after Jugs after Jugs is the type of nonsense that drives me away from wanting to play this game anymore. The only reason the devs do it is cause these characters are health pack eaters. They dont care if we enjoy the game, they just want us to eat headbutts every 5 reds causing 5000 damage each time. Oh and then Daken jumps in straight after with 4000 worth of chemical reaction pretty much wiping out a 12,000 health Thor.

Make the game a fair fight you clowns!!!!
  • What about when Venom can suddenly stun the entire team? Where does that come from? B.lue S.tate land?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    <snip>

Fair fights don't buy health packs, so there no chance of that happening.

And once again, as above, Silver Surfer has nearly double the health, hits just as hard without any self-damage (actually hits slightly harder, but requires 1 additional AP, but generates Charged tile so it's equally as fast for the 2nd cast onwards), and can't be stunned. It's almost unanimously agreed that Surfer isn't OP, so there's no problem with Juggernaut.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    BBoyle wrote:
    What about when Venom can suddenly stun the entire team? Where does that come from? B.lue S.tate land?

5 covers into Symbiote Snare stuns the whole team, bro.
  • Nick441234
    Mawtful wrote:
    <snip>

Fair fights don't buy health packs, so there no chance of that happening.

And once again, as above, Silver Surfer has nearly double the health, hits just as hard without any self-damage (actually hits slightly harder, but requires 1 additional AP, but generates Charged tile so it's equally as fast for the 2nd cast onwards), and can't be stunned. It's almost unanimously agreed that Surfer isn't OP, so there's no problem with Juggernaut.

Surfer is a 5* though, so its expected from characters that powerful. A 1* should never do 5000 worth of damage for 5 AP, simple as. If these characters are going to be boosted from 40 up to 208, then their powers should become more expensive too!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2015
    I liked the part when jugs headbutts you, then ares hits onslaught, then that tinykitty venom stuns you, they get an awesome cascade of purple,yellow, and red, and ares decides to sunder the hell out of you but wait that cascasde gave that tiny kitty venom enough to stun you again, followed by another headbutt, but some way, some how ares has enough green to onslaught again. It's not over yet though even though YOU have been matching the hell out of black for rage of the panther some how, some way Mr. Tinykitty venom tries to eat you.... Game set. Blouses.....

Edit: insult to injury: you had just fired off a power prior to all that and it had left Ares with less than 100 hp. If I got a command point for everytime that has happened to me...