****Unknown (Coming Soon)**** Cyclops (Classic)

13

Comments

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cyclops in his old yellow and blues....cuz his 3* isn't crazy enough? Have any of the devs even read a comic book before? They do realize that there are like A ZILLION characters they haven't used yet right? And a new Hulk instead of fix the old one? So 3*s are just done now? I don't get this at all.... icon_neutral.gif
    It's easier to reuse old animations than to create brand new ones...

    Yeah how else are we going to get our fix of stupid sexy Cyclops? Now we get to see those cheeks in BLUE!! icon_e_wink.gif

    Now that he's been confirmed..... who has the better butt pose? lol icon_lol.gif
    Capture.jpg
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cyclops in his old yellow and blues....cuz his 3* isn't crazy enough? Have any of the devs even read a comic book before? They do realize that there are like A ZILLION characters they haven't used yet right? And a new Hulk instead of fix the old one? So 3*s are just done now? I don't get this at all.... icon_neutral.gif
    It's easier to reuse old animations than to create brand new ones...

    Yeah how else are we going to get our fix of stupid sexy Cyclops? Now we get to see those cheeks in BLUE!! icon_e_wink.gif

    Now that he's been confirmed..... who has the better butt pose? lol icon_lol.gif
    Capture.jpg

    The 4 * version for sure. He doesn't have that distracting red glare coming from his visor. But he does have that sexy, distracting, wavy hair.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cyclops in his old yellow and blues....cuz his 3* isn't crazy enough? Have any of the devs even read a comic book before? They do realize that there are like A ZILLION characters they haven't used yet right? And a new Hulk instead of fix the old one? So 3*s are just done now? I don't get this at all.... icon_neutral.gif
    It's easier to reuse old animations than to create brand new ones...

    Yeah how else are we going to get our fix of stupid sexy Cyclops? Now we get to see those cheeks in BLUE!! icon_e_wink.gif

    Now that he's been confirmed..... who has the better butt pose? lol icon_lol.gif
    Capture.jpg

    The 4 * version for sure. He doesn't have that distracting red glare coming from his visor. But he does have that sexy, distracting, wavy hair.

    He might still have the red glare but I don't have a picture.. his character design came out really good overall.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Now that he's been confirmed..... who has the better butt pose? lol icon_lol.gif
    Capture.jpg
    hqdefault.jpgStupid sexy Cyclops
  • It was suggested possibly in jest somewhere else, but I'd love to see Hawkguy where one power is his, one is Bishops, and one is Pizza Dog.

    Lot of art work though. icon_e_sad.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    First character to make TU boosts worth the space they take up in the game.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    tumblr_m2qws5fZOq1qbq6p9o1_1280.png
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:

    Now that he's been confirmed..... who has the better butt pose? lol icon_lol.gif
    Capture.jpg

    The 4 * version for sure. He doesn't have that distracting red glare coming from his visor. But he does have that sexy, distracting, wavy hair.


    I think 4* version is more sexy since he has his yellow underwear wore outside, lol
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,151 Chairperson of the Boards
    More spoilers.

    Hint: the comic book covers are finally complete
  • Why is it that characters keep on getting recycled? (Rhetorical, I understand it is easier to slap in one based on an existing set than creating from scratch). There are so many to choose from in the Marvel Universe that are not represented. Is there going to be a fixed number of 4* characters? I'm not upset about it or anything. More thinking, was anyone in the player base really thinking "Gee, I sure would love to see a four star version of Cyclops because he's the all time best and this 3* one is terrible"?
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Why is it that characters keep on getting recycled? (Rhetorical, I understand it is easier to slap in one based on an existing set than creating from scratch). There are so many to choose from in the Marvel Universe that are not represented. Is there going to be a fixed number of 4* characters? I'm not upset about it or anything. More thinking, was anyone in the player base really thinking "Gee, I sure would love to see a four star version of Cyclops because he's the all time best and this 3* one is terrible"?
    Based on my experience with Marvel games (war of heroes has like 9 versions of each character) I think companies have to pay to use characters so using multiple versions of each is much cheaper
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    First character to make TU boosts worth the space they take up in the game.
    You do realize BP gets a buff on his strike tiles if you have 12 or more TU tiles don't you?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Why is it that characters keep on getting recycled? (Rhetorical, I understand it is easier to slap in one based on an existing set than creating from scratch). There are so many to choose from in the Marvel Universe that are not represented. Is there going to be a fixed number of 4* characters? I'm not upset about it or anything. More thinking, was anyone in the player base really thinking "Gee, I sure would love to see a four star version of Cyclops because he's the all time best and this 3* one is terrible"?
    There are Cyclops fans that welcome every version of the character you know. I am quite happy to get a version that focuses on precision instead of raw power. That's a big part of Cyclops' appeal to me at least.
  • wymtime wrote:
    First character to make TU boosts worth the space they take up in the game.
    You do realize BP gets a buff on his strike tiles if you have 12 or more TU tiles don't you?
    Would you use TU boosts for it tho?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not? What the heck else am I going to use them for? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Why not? What the heck else am I going to use them for? icon_e_smile.gif
    The new combo of 4cyke 2carol and cage/kk?
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    Not sure why people want to use TU boosts with 4* Cyclops. As written his powers don't interact with TU AP at all. His power generates the team's strongest AP when TU matches are made. Existing TU AP doesn't do anything with that power (unless they change something before he's released).
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Verno5x wrote:
    Not sure why people want to use TU boosts with 4* Cyclops. As written his powers don't interact with TU AP at all. His power generates the team's strongest AP when TU matches are made. Existing TU AP doesn't do anything with that power (unless they change something before he's released).

    Read his red more carefully.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    First character to make TU boosts worth the space they take up in the game.
    You do realize BP gets a buff on his strike tiles if you have 12 or more TU tiles don't you?

    Yes, I do. 4Cyke gets the boost at 10 vs 12. If you boost TU and boost all then you are two matches away from a massively upgraded skill. Since BP upgraded only provides boosted tiles, not a dramatically improved skill, and still takes 3 matches even with the boosts above it's not worth using the TU boost over something else.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    If you boost TU and boost all then you are two matches away from a massively upgraded skill.
    We don't know yet if it's a massive upgrade. If the damage is the same then the only difference is being able to clear a row vs. a single tile. In some cases, clearing a single tile might be better.
This discussion has been closed.