****Unknown (Coming Soon)**** Cyclops (Classic)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
Coming early on in October will be our next 4*. Precis of abilities is below:

Red 10 AP - Destroys one chosen basic tile, dealing damage. If 10+ Team-Up AP, instead destroy a chosen row and deal damage.
Yellow 5 AP - Creates a Yellow CD tile. While this is out, Team-Up matches generate AP in the team's strongest color and increase this CD's duration.
Blue 8 AP - Destroys all Red tiles in a 3x3 surrounding the tile, gaining AP and dealing damage. Levels increase the destruction radius and tile types destroyed.

Comments

• AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Uh, Hank Pym as Giant-Man is my guess, what with the tutile.png focus, and the yellow skill eerily similar to Imaginaut, but that's probably a long-shot.

Can't think of anything right now which matches the current clues.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red sounds like an upgraded icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png so I'm gonna say Classic cyclops with the blue costume, hence the change from black to blue on the third skill and the yellow becoming more of a leadership skill.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Red sounds like an upgraded icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png so I'm gonna say Classic cyclops with the blue costume, hence the change from black to blue on the third skill and the yellow becoming more of a leadership skill.

I dunno...would an older, arguably weaker version of the character really fit as an upgrade to 3* Cy?

[Edit] Well shut my mouth if he wasn't completely right =)
    So now we've moved onto the inevitable recolouring of 3* characters! Shouldn't D3 get rid of the glowing stars thing for Storm, Thor and Daken by now?
  • Could this be Gambit? The precision of those attacks.. plus I suppose teamup AP could be like kinetic energy.. albeit a reach.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    deiXide wrote:
    Could this be Gambit? The precision of those attacks.. plus I suppose teamup AP could be like kinetic energy.. albeit a reach.

Gambit has to involve charged tiles somehow. No?
  • Targeted attacks, ap collecting, blue and yellow as colors...

Shot in the dark but first thing I thought was a 4 star Hood
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Gonna say it's Headpool, just because I want it to be true.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Blue 8 AP - Destroys all Red tiles in a 3x3 surrounding the tile, gaining AP and dealing damage. Levels increase the destruction radius and tile types destroyed.
    Can you clarify "tile types"? It already says "destroy ALL red tiles". Should that have said "all BASIC red tiles" at 1 cover?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Could it mean more type of colours destroyed around the selected tile? Potentially like a more selective, targetable Magnetic Flux and a lot cheaper?
    That'd make him pretty fantastic. I guess we'll wait and see...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Could it mean more type of colours destroyed around the selected tile? Potentially like a more selective, targetable Magnetic Flux and a lot cheaper?
    That'd make him pretty fantastic. I guess we'll wait and see...

Too late. I imagine him like a stronger Iron Fist already. Super Battery Man!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Yellow 5 AP - Creates a Yellow CD tile. While this is out, Team-Up matches generate AP in the team's strongest color and increase this CD's duration.

"While this is out, " - Sounds like we can benefit only from 1 CD tile. Please, please stop designing powers with these restrictions.

(Please redesign old powers to remove these restrictions, like let Misyique shapeshift twice)
  • People have said Cyclops which I think is on the right track but the color palette and skill set sounds more like Cable to me.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because of all the selectable tiles, my first guess is Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). Wouldn't mind an All New X-Men version of Cyclops to go with Jean and Iceman either
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like young Cyclops or a new hawkeye. I hope it is cyclops.

And I hope red does some serious damage because right now is very light on damage (too much utility).
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Hoping for Ghostrider in time for Halloween (finally)
  • It seems to be Hawkeye. Destroys rows, generates ap and enhances teamwork. I would also like it to be the Hawkeye because he deserves to be among the best.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    I know everyone is thinking either 4* Hawkeye or Cyclops but I think it could be 4* Magneto.

Unknown has the same colors as 3* CMags and he gains AP from destroyed tiles like 2* MNMags. The T/U ability is interesting, each T/U gives you AP in the strongest color, so the more "metal" Magneto has, the stronger he is, plus he uses that T/U (10AP) aka a bunch of "Metal" to destroy a whole row instead of just a tile.

Do you guys think that's plausible? We've been annoyed at the fact that Magneto is not a 4* so I'm thinking this is him but who knows, it could be Mojo or MODOK lol

Edit: Nevermind it's Cyclops: http://bamsmackpow.com/2015/10/01/marve ... rs-events/
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/942939 ... two-second
    4* Cyclops and Red Hulk are mentioned in the article. This doesn't look like Red Hulk to me...
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) makes a lot of sense, given the focus on Team-Ups representing her working with Hawkguy, and in particular the red power turning into Hawkguy's red once you have enough teaming-up going on. Could the yellow power involve pizza-dog somehow?

Also, consider this a start of the petition to officially change the name of Hawkeye (Modern) to Hawkeye (Hawkguy).
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    (...) I think it could be 4* Magneto.

Unknown has the same colors as 3* CMags and he gains AP from destroyed tiles like 2* MNMags. The T/U ability is interesting (...)

Do you guys think that's plausible? (...)

I'd say this sounds plausible enough. His colors are the same and also because 3* Mags has an ability that deals with TU tiles (damage for each destroyed) and 2* Mags blue ability has (maybe) the same 'increasing radius' idea with his blue and/or red power.

Of course it's all just speculation and it could easily be a totally different (new) character, but I agree that a 4* Mags would not be far fetched. Too bad any 4* will most likely be one shotted by the second 5* once he is released, but such is life I guess... icon_e_wink.gif

Edit:
    Quebbster wrote:
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/9429395/marvel-puzzle-quest-birthday-galactus-boss-fight-year-two-second
    4* Cyclops and Red Hulk are mentioned in the article. This doesn't look like Red Hulk to me...

Well, I think that pretty much settles it really... Disregard stuff before edit I guess. icon_lol.gif

Nice article, thanks for posting, Quebbster. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.