Ohhh, (unnamed) Spiral Galaxy Event

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm such a sucker for speculation.
    Would make sense to have something Galactus themed with Surfer being the herald of Galactus and stuff.

I'm not sure what I'd like to see in this kind of event. It feels like one of those "I didn't know I wanted it until I had it" moments.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoping for the Watcher. He joins your team and does nothing, but every so often something amazing happens. If the other two team members die, he leaves and you lose.
  • 13 more days of having an unplayable object on the screen.

At least it isn't a pop-up reminder. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Splarne wrote:
    13 more days of having an unplayable object on the screen.

Are you using Vision for the next 13 days or something? icon_razz.gif
  • thisone wrote:
    florida92 wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see what the next star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is, but a little bit on Galactus. Cyttorak imprisoned him, Phoenix Force defeated him with zero help, and Eternity's powers would make Galactus look like a 1 star character. While I doubt we see any of the three, Galactus isn't the be all and end all of the Marvel Universe. That honor would be for One-Above-All.

Also a little on the three I mentioned:

Cyttorak - Gave Jugs and Doctor Strange their powers.

Phoenix Force - Not so much a character, but a being that controls characters in the Marvel Universe. A lot of time spent with Jean Grey. Phoenix Force took over Jean Grey's daughter Rachel Summers and that's when Galactus was defeated.

Eternity - Helped save Galactus and Surfer on a few occasions in the comics.

Yes I read way too much into it, yes none of the three will probably be in the game, and yes I have to much time on my hands waiting around for Health Packs to regenerate.

You missed some.

Thor driving off a weakened galactus from asgard.

Reed and quasar turning back into galen his previous incarnation during waids ff run.

Franklin Richards "to me my Galactus" hickmans ff run. My favourite.

Beyonder **** slapping him during first secret wars.

Strange and ben grimm knocking the big g out during Byrnes run.

Tenebrous and aegis imprisoning him during annihilation.

I could go on.

Yep, only included a small sample size. I just feel like Galactus could be a playable star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png just because just about everyone in the Galactic Universe and a few on Earth have beat him.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm off visiting a client site between the 3rd and 18th October, so my Steam account is going to miss the whole event unless it's for more than a week.

I don't suppose they'd consider postponing it until I get back?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Doc L wrote:
    Is it wrong I would love a 4* Howard the Duck or Cosmo the Spacedog?...

Yes. Yes it is. If you want obscure, then please recommend Shuma-Gorath, Spiral, or Mojo/Longshot.

Heck. I'd even go for Generation X characters like Chamber over Howard The Duck.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved Longshot. Thought he was way under-utilized and had so much potential!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    A special Infinity Gauntlet event where you can take any 3 avengers against a maxed out Thanos. Prize is a legendary cover of your choice.

Whichever evil bastard said that the game deletes your characters when you lose is one sinister guy and I hope he never gets a programming job for this game... though I have to admit I laughed a lot when I read it. Seriously evil Halloween prank that.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    At least it isn't a pop-up reminder. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    OMG SERIOUSLY.

I popup already popup completely popup ignore popup those popup things, popup because popup they popup happen popup way, popup way popup too popup much. popup popup popup popup
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It changed. Interesting.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    It changed. Interesting.

Yeah something it's growing... I wonder what!?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    It changed. Interesting.

That is interesting. Looks like it zoomed in from a galaxy image to an image of our solar system. Maybe it will continue to zoom until the start of the event?
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Ronan's ship ?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    gmp72 wrote:
    Ronan's ship ?

I'm still on the last week was a herald of things to come wagon. And he's coming closer.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    It changed. Interesting.

That is interesting. Looks like it zoomed in from a galaxy image to an image of our solar system. Maybe it will continue to zoom until the start of the event?

Day before the event it'll just be each of us sat in our bedrooms.
  • It changed. Interesting.

This is what every scientist says in the movies, right before the alien breaks through the wall and massacres everyone.

In my best Jeff Goldblum, "this event might be ... cosmic... in origin."

170px-Jeff_Goldblum.jpg
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    JordonLee wrote:
    It changed. Interesting.

Day before the event it'll just be each of us sat in our bedrooms.

...You don't want to see that icon_eek.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reminds me of the promotional back covers Marvel ran for like a year building up to the launch of the "New Universe" in the summer of 1986(?).

Anyone remember those?

Yeah....total flop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe

I actually liked some of those comics when they came out, not sure why most of them ever needed to have been walled off other than so they had enough to do the whole New Universe thing though. I was clearly in a minority though as the same idea worked much better when they did it with the ultimate universe and established characters.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Eight planets...and there's a large grey-purple ship with red lights there too. Not something I recognise immediately. Looks kinda like a mecha space whale.

Edit: Looks a bit like this, albeit coloured differently.
    https://theefix.files.wordpress.com/201 ... g-ship.png