Ohhh, (unnamed) Spiral Galaxy Event

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing you can be sure, it's not a regular PvE.

The start time coincides with noon EST (on Oct 8th), which is not the normal start time for slice 1.

So either another alliance coordination event, or Gauntlet style. My guess in either case would be with Galactus as the boss battle. No idea if the spoiler abilities sync with him in the comic universe, however, so he may/may not be the next 5* to boot
  • He's not going to be playable. Ever.
  • Enter the Year Two season;-)
    Plus announcing another 5* hero.
    And some wannabe cool announcements;-)
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    It is more my wish than what this probably really is but I am hoping for:

Galactus v. FF ala Ultron v. Avengers with all three covers of the Anniversary 4* out there to be won.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is more my wish that what this probably really is but I am hoping for:

Galactus v. FF ala Ultron v. Avengers with all three covers of the Anniversary 4* out there to be won.

That would be interesting... Bagman Essential anybody?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It would be REALLY cool if this anniversary pve turns out to be another alliance coordination event a la AVU. Also, I'm betting Mr. Fantastic will be the 4* essential. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

i new there was a reason i had been saving all those bagman covers!
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    It is more my wish that what this probably really is but I am hoping for:

I hadn't thought about that! Brilliant!

That for sure is why this is not going to be it.
  • 14 days places it squarely in October, during which a new 5* will be released.

GALACTUS COMETH
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    HkxDk0ti.jpg
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    HkxDk0ti.jpg

Gimme my 1500 iso and token apology now thanks.
  • Splarne wrote:
    Legendary token? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coupled with this announcement https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33078, my guess will be new Galaxy S6 Curve phones for everybody.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    How about jack kirby in a Galactus suit? The original one with the g on the belt and the shorts.

Everyone else has stan cameos. Be different and go with the king icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    HkxDk0ti.jpg

you will get one token for a 300 item vault
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    730 item Vault. One item for each day of the game being out, with each item being a reward randomly selected from a reward you've received during your playtime. During testing, this resulted in average Vaults having 724/730 slots filled with 20 Iso and the other 6 slots being Crit Boosts, but we figure that's a fair distribution of prizes given out to most players. /s
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    730 item Vault. One item for each day of the game being out, with each item being a reward randomly selected from a reward you've received during your playtime. During testing, this resulted in average Vaults having 724/730 slots filled with 20 Iso and the other 6 slots being Crit Boosts, but we figure that's a fair distribution of prizes given out to most players. /s

jack-elam.gif?w=300
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I actually snorted, and my wife had to read this to figure out what was wrong... this is priceless.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    So either another alliance coordination event, or Gauntlet style. My guess in either case would be with Galactus as the boss battle. No idea if the spoiler abilities sync with him in the comic universe, however, so he may/may not be the next 5* to boot

If Surfer is a 5*, Galactus would be a 1000*. He is a universal constant, not a character.
  • my bet is on a cosmic theme mission similar to gauntlet or ultron. There will be a 5* release. Maybe Thanos or Galactus or Nebula (?). SS will be an essential, Iceman will be another. Maybe also a 3* or 4* release? Im guessing Adam Warlock or Doctor Strange.