never hitting 1000 again?

13»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Hitting 1000 isn't tough... but holy **** is it ever a grind to hit 1300. It doesn't matter what team you put out, if you are worth enough points between shields, someone will hit you. Only time I've ever made it has been really late at night when there are fewer people playing. Even still, I have to shield hop and not stay out longer than 2-3 fights.

The exception might be if you have whaled a new 4*.... you might be able to hang out a bit longer if you have three well built characters and most of the rest of the people are running an incomplete new release. I haven't gotten enough Iceman covers to make him a threat. As such, I don't see being able to 1,300 that PvP at this time.

I'm close in Mystique's PvP... like four hours to go and I only need 75 points. However, at this time of night you also are looking at slim pickings. I queued up a few 25 pointers, but there isn't exactly much better out there when you are fighting for those last points, as most of the high point targets are sleeping and shielded (and the other top players aren't hanging out unshielded, so getting those last 75 points might take 5 or 6 fights.)
  • Benjermain
    Benjermain Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for all the participation, I hope we all learned something. I've learned that I'm not alone in my frustration and that has a certain amount of value.

As an epilogue, I was pushing towards 2000 in Sim and again lost 122 during my last match before making it. I built back up to 997, shielded, queued a 166 team and waited for an hour. Broke shield, got my Jean cover, and waited for the onslaught. Nothing. One hit in the last hour. That makes NO kind of sense.

Again, I'm not frustrated because it is happening (though I'd definitely prefer some alternative). I get that it is part of the system in place. What is most annoying is that it never happened to me before and now is a constant occurrence. I was just trying to figure out if it was only me it was happening to, or only me overreacting to it. If that is the new cost of doing business, then I'm out. This game has always been a mix of frustration and joy for me, but the scales have always balanced to the "fun" side. It has now become a chore, but more than that, a chore that erases your progress and withholds rewards.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    edited September 2015
    Yes. I have the same experience. 1000 is a miracle. Even if I shield at 960, my next attempt against 45 points will only give me 37 and then when I try to make up the difference, I'm negative 200 in 10 minutes. That's when nerd rage sets in. I swear there are 1000 point guards out there that call out for coordinated attacks.

Update: I thought I was definitely not going to get 1000 in Iceman. But switched to Cyclops+Fist and made a third run for it from 800. The timing was in the stars as I touched 1000 with last health pack and then got hit for -400! (Not good for season progression, oh well.) That gave me Iceman blue and my vault had everything but. I splurged on that since I didn't have green and otherwise wouldn't.

Most of the time, I do make it to high 900's and fail to make it to 1000. Never made it to 1100 and so 1300 seems like a dream. Like a year away. I'm okay with that. Just want that 1000 please.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Turbo, small bit of advice if you shield right before 1k. Refresh your queue unless you have eyes on the person that will send you over 1k. People climb to 1k and don't shield like me.

So if you found me and saved my node for your last match, to 1k and I'm at 800 again, that's why I'm not worth enough anymore. If you cycle through five or so skips, it should give you people actively unshielded which is more accurate of their points for the match.

Best of luck!
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Turbo, small bit of advice if you shield right before 1k. Refresh your queue unless you have eyes on the person that will send you over 1k. People climb to 1k and don't shield like me.

So if you found me and saved my node for your last match, to 1k and I'm at 800 again, that's why I'm not worth enough anymore. If you cycle through five or so skips, it should give you people actively unshielded which is more accurate of their points for the match.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the tip. I have seen it before and I must not be skipping enough for the queue. Other people also find the nicest target at the same time and hit before I do so the points still slip. I just have a 166 team and can't always fight the 270 guys unless my boosted are 240+ or have my ideal team.