Anniversary Week

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Nate,

There were also cheap (50HP) Anniversary tokens with a very high 4* drop rate (back when 4* were hard to get), including for Devil Dinosaur. All earned ISO was doubled, which would still be huge.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Anniversary tokens that had a 40% chance of a gold pull, about 1% chance each of X-Force Wolverine, Fury and Invisible Woman (when they were the only three 4*s in tokens) and something like 8% chance of Devil Dinosaur, sold for 50 HP on a daily deal and handed out as event rewards.
    • Double ISO throughout the game, even in the prologue fights.
    • A mini-season of three PvP events with progression rewards up to a 10-pack of anniversary tokens.
    • Devil Dinosaur as a placement reward in the first of those PvPs.
    • Three days of super-awesome lightning rounds featuring the debut of Thor (Goddess of Thunder). Thor LRs had 20-person brackets and awarded Anniversary Tokens for placement in the top five, up to three tokens for the first-place finishers. LRs ran every two hours for that stretch, handing out oodles of tokens (technical term).
  • I started playing right before Anniversary and it'll be great to have a roster to compete in whatever they got cooked up this time. I know I grinded the **** out of prologue for double ISO during down time which helped tremendously in levelling my beginner roster. Saved up a buncha standard tokens that way too that helped me get most of my 2 stars and a couple 3s. Was a good time to jump on board.

Edit: didn't the double ISO deal last longer than the week?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    [*]Three days of super-awesome lightning rounds featuring the debut of Thor (Goddess of Thunder). Thor LRs had 20-person brackets and awarded Anniversary Tokens for placement in the top five, up to three tokens for the first-place finishers. LRs ran every two hours for that stretch, handing out oodles of tokens (technical term). [/list]

They were awesome, but I don't think they ran every two hours. I believe they were every six hours or every eight hours, something along those lines. I really hope they come back, they were so much fun.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was every two hours during the anniversary, and when they came back with Elektra over Christmas it was less often.

(Why do I know these things?)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edit: didn't the double ISO deal last longer than the week?
    I think it was first announced to run for a week, and then extended a few days through the following weekend.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I first started during or just before Anniversary week, so when it ended, I was upset because I thought that the Anniversary week was the norm for the game. Should've kept my Devil Dino's... I'll start getting them again in 6 days when I hit my 1 year!
  • 2*20 iso matches are gonna rule
  • JVReal wrote:
    I first started during or just before Anniversary week, so when it ended, I was upset because I thought that the Anniversary week was the norm for the game. Should've kept my Devil Dino's... I'll start getting them again in 6 days when I hit my 1 year!

Yeah, I first started right before the anniversary event as well. But I had no clue what I was doing, and didn't recognize the value of everything being thrown at me. I had some friends that were pretty passionate about the game at the time, so I jumped in and played pretty hardcore. Being in newbie brackets for everything I placed top spot for a lot of events and just a few weeks into the game had a better covered XFW than my friend that had been playing for a while.
  • I really don't want a new joke character, I want more Devil Dino covers.

Having him at 2/3/5 is just frustrating, and there's no way I'm going to whale him.

I just want a legit shot at Devil Dino covers, and maybe some bonus ISO.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    apparently I started *just* after Anniversary week last year. I am right now on Day 341. Season still has 12 days left, which means I will be on Day 353 or so when Anniversary week starts back up.

If I can net some Dino covers during Anniversary 2.0, and then get the Resupply Dinos on 365-367 just after the Anniversary, words could not describe just how rad that would be.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    A new 5* release, and hopefully a gag char, like Howard The Duck!

HP Sale, uber vault/tokens would be nice.

eh. I'd rather gag on 1* Klaw or Jubilee than Howard The Duck. Or a real, missing villain like Mojo, Sabertooth, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Kang, Zemo, Crimson Dynamo (oh, 2* dynamo and 2* War Machine for reals)....

I'd rather use Yondu with his whistling javelin than Howard The Duck.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    A new 5* release, and hopefully a gag char, like Howard The Duck!

HP Sale, uber vault/tokens would be nice.

eh. I'd rather gag on 1* Klaw or Jubilee than Howard The Duck. Or a real, missing villain like Mojo, Sabertooth, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Kang, Zemo, Crimson Dynamo (oh, 2* dynamo and 2* War Machine for reals)....

I'd rather use Yondu with his whistling javelin than Howard The Duck.

Yes! More villains!!!
  • What is wrong with ya'll? Why do we want another gag character? No one has Bagman, and most of us with DD at some point have thought about selling him for the slot, when the most beneficial thing he ever did was 'dance' to slow down Sentry bombing...

Just make DD covers available again so we can finish covering him if we started last year, buff DD to 350 on max, and d@mmit give him a buff to make him useful at least a little bit...
    - Unreall
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I notice no new character was announced when IceIX updated the upcoming events thread.
    Clearly, this means that Devil Dinosaur will be introduced for real in the game just in time for the anniversary.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    At 66 days in any only just beginning to contemplate the possibility of having useful ***'s (1 @ 11 covers & 1 @ 9 covers. The rest are mediocre) Anniversary Week sounds like it should help give me the push I need.

What were the Anniversary token_event.png 's like last time round? Were they just token_heroic.png 's with increased odds on DD or are the odds stacked across the board?

I get that a lot of you are two years deep in this game and are lucking for those missing ****'s, but I hope that they don't neglect us lowly worthless bottom-feeders.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    What were the Anniversary token_event.png 's like last time round? Were they just token_heroic.png 's with increased odds on DD or are the odds stacked across the board?
    They were great. I think they were the first tokens to have HP and ISO rewards mixed in, the 3* rewards were higher than heroic, and they had a solid chance of 4* as well (heavily weighted to Devil Dino).

I bought a ten-pack and got so lucky with HP in it that I was able to immediately buy another.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is wrong with ya'll? Why do we want another gag character? No one has Bagman, and most of us with DD at some point have thought about selling him for the slot, when the most beneficial thing he ever did was 'dance' to slow down Sentry bombing...

Just make DD covers available again so we can finish covering him if we started last year, buff DD to 350 on max, and d@mmit give him a buff to make him useful at least a little bit...
    - Unreall
    Only the elite have bagman... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29400 lol
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:
    They were great. I think they were the first tokens to have HP and ISO rewards mixed in, the 3* rewards were higher than heroic, and they had a solid chance of 4* as well (heavily weighted to Devil Dino).

I bought a ten-pack and got so lucky with HP in it that I was able to immediately buy another.
    I think standard tokens had a slight chance for HP before the anniversary, but it was eventually removed. But yes, the anniversary tokens were great. Make sure you have plenty of HP stocked up until then. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Make sure you have plenty of HP stocked up until then. icon_e_smile.gif
    No chance of this, I have 275 imcoin.png and its 450 per slot. Given I have 4 ***'s and a **** waiting to take up slots and I'm F2P HP is a much needed resource. May let the excess ***'s & **** go for ISO and concentrate on building what I have for now (Daken, Mistique, IM40, Squirrel & Fisk).

In addition to this I have two token_legendary.png waiting to open, so again HP is in high demand.