Anniversary Week

kewlguirarist
kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm really excited for Anniversary week and really hope they push the boat out this year. What do you guys and gals hope to see across the week? My hope is double ISO and HP. A Store Sale. More ways to earn Legandary tokens and at least one new story event. That would leave me more than happy.

I'm on day 418 and did enjoy the last Anniversary. They need to go bigger for year 2 though icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new 5* release, and hopefully a gag char, like Howard The Duck!

HP Sale, uber vault/tokens would be nice.
  • I'd be happy with lightning rounds similar to last year's.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm betting a lot of things will be similar to last year's - Double ISO, debut of the new 5* like tTor debuted a year ago, bonus tokens and lightning rounds similar to last year's, and a mini-season with its own progression rewards, but with something more than a re-run of random competitive PvEs on that side of things. It's been a while since we saw Tetris Ultron...
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Lightning rounds/events with tiny brackets, 50HP tokens for a special Anniversary vault with groovy odds for groovier prizes, beatable Tetris Ultron for a Legendary Token and double ISO all week.
  • All of the ideas mentioned above...yes, but I will be really disappointed if Devil Dino is not boosted and made available again through tokens. I'd love to see 1 pvp dedicated to him as well. Also, for the 2nd anniversary, it should be 2 weeks! Double the anniversary, double the fun!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I'm really excited for Anniversary week and really hope they push the boat out this year. What do you guys and gals hope to see across the week? My hope is double ISO and HP. A Store Sale. More ways to earn Legandary tokens and at least one new story event. That would leave me more than happy.

All those things! I'll definitely be taking advantage of a store sale if so.

My #1 hope is that Devil Dino gets lumped into the regular cover rotation, with a new exclusive anniversary character taking his place for the next year (which I assume and hope would be Howard The Duck, with how many times he's been mentioned by the devs by now!) -- as well as again having one of each cover of that character being the daily drop on days 730, 731, 732.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it isn't a repeat of last year (DD in the daily reward drops for 2-year, short season and more chances to get him) then there must be an outcry for DD to be added to the 4* rotation list!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    All those things! I'll definitely be taking advantage of a store sale if so.

My #1 hope is that Devil Dino gets lumped into the regular cover rotation, with a new exclusive anniversary character taking his place for the next year (which I assume and hope would be Howard The Duck, with how many times he's been mentioned by the devs by now!) -- as well as again having one of each cover of that character being the daily drop on days 730, 731, 732.
    That's really just me mentioning him. Been a fan forever, he's had a great couple of books lately, and would make a great serious/gag character like Dino.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will the week be told this week or do you think it will be held off until late next week until we are told of the plans
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary week will be an 24/7 all-day grind for anniversary tokens & other forms of rewards...

Or am I wrong?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    slidecage wrote:
    Will the week be told this week or do you think it will be held off until late next week until we are told of the plans
    First teaser should be going out this week with more information to follow.
  • slidecage
    will the PVE leading up to the week all be 3 and 4 days. I thought sim was a 7 day event but maybe its 4 days.. Should had a 7 day if the pattern kept up.
  • CrookedKnight
    Simulator is three subs, so three or four days.
  • slidecage
    Simulator is three subs, so three or four days.

has to be 4 days they would Never EVER have a 3 day starting on a thursday icon_e_smile.gif

pvp and pve would end same time
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    My #1 hope is that Devil Dino gets lumped into the regular cover rotation, with a new exclusive anniversary character taking his place for the next year (which I assume and hope would be Howard The Duck, with how many times he's been mentioned by the devs by now!)
    That's really just me mentioning him. Been a fan forever, he's had a great couple of books lately, and would make a great serious/gag character like Dino.

He would!!! And, he does -- the new Howard series by Chip Zdarsky is hilarious and has jumped into my top-5 Marvel series in the few months it's been running. Definitely hoping to see him in MPQ some day!*

[* - Howard The Duck, not Chip Zdarsky.**]

[** - Actually, that'd be great as well.***]

[*** - Would whale.]
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26885

I will just leave this here icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    4* Howard The Duck (Trapped In A World He Never Made)

5* Howard The Duck (Trapped In A World He's Grown Accustomed To)
  • When is anniversary week?
  • CrookedKnight
    Early October. Festivities are almost certain to begin after the shortened Season XIX ends on Oct. 5.
  • I am only on Day 90ish - what was part of the anniversary last year?

From reading this post I can see that there may have been some sales on HP and ISO and Devil Dinosaur.

Anything else of note?