Venom Heroic (9/21) Vault vs. the norm

13»

Comments

• We don't exactly know how they made the choice. Last time the vaults were thrown at us, I remember it seeming like there was a split between PC and mobile. However, I'm not sure if that actually was the case or just a small sample size of people chiming in. If I recall correctly, the PVP vaults are out of 40 tokens since you don't have daily rewards.
  • Hmm..

Does the heroic vault have a legendary token as a possible reward?
  • Yep. I believe every heroic vault had one legendary token and 3 4*s. Mine included some juicy covers that people are usually chasing like Iron First purple, Kamala Khan purple, and Blade purple.
  • Kind of frustrating that my non-vault tokens don't have a chance at a legendary. Have the developers mentioned any kind of rollout to get everyone on the vault style rewards?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chief270 wrote:
    Kind of frustrating that my non-vault tokens don't have a chance at a legendary. Have the developers mentioned any kind of rollout to get everyone on the vault style rewards?
    I agree chief. I had the xpool vault but it really didn't matter since the vault % and the normal storefront % basically matched up. if some are getting a low-item vault with a legendary in it, that kinda sucks since none of my tokens have a chance at a legendary. enough with the split rewards for different people. the 80 item vaults are extremely popular and should be applied across the board for as many events as you can arrange. thank you.
  • Generally, if you don't get the vault in one event, you'll get the vault in the subsequent pvp for that character. You should get the vault during Iceman's pvp.
  • I didn't have the vault for the Rocket & groot event, and don't have it for heroic. And looking ahead, doesn't look like I'll have it for sim either(unless it changes to vault after the event starts).

FYI.. using mobile (android) here.

Edit... misread. I've not had a vault during any PVP event(except maybe the independence day ones).
  • Vaults haven't been a regular occurrence in pve or pvp yet, as far as I know. The only other time I remember getting the vault was during 4dp pvp while some others got it during his pve.
  • Vaults haven't been a regular occurrence in pve or pvp yet, as far as I know. The only other time I remember getting the vault was during 4dp pvp while some others got it during his pve.

To my knowledge, the vault appearances have been the 7/4/15 Independence Vault for Captain Marvel, Falcon, and Cap pvps, the Juggernaut Heroic and Xforce Deadpool vaults were done as an A/B test, and now we have the Venom heroic vault which was also apparently an AB test, and has people suspecting the iceman pvp will also be a vault.

Can't recall any others at this time.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Are they ever going to fix the stockpiled vault glitch?

I call it a glitch because it creates an unfair disadvantage for s5 pve players.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    JVReal wrote:
    Real question: is the 100 imcoin.png Daily Deal worth it for a 5% chance at a 4*?

I'm thinking no.
    When the storefront token pull rate is 0.3 % for a 4*, and 0.7% for Iceman (as displayed in game)... The Vault's 5% is an excellent value... I'd buy that for a dollar!

Excellent point and I ended up going for it. Final results in the event: I bought 3 daily Deals for 100 imcoin.png , and earned 5 tokens as well. Out of the 8, I got:
    star.pngstar.png
    greenflag.pngicon_humantorch.png
    greenflag.pngicon_humantorch.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_moonstone.png
    redflag.pngicon_moonstone.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    greenflag.pngicon_ragnarok.png (needed. i guess)
    yellowflag.pngicon_vision.png (needed)
    yellowflag.pngicon_caroldanvers.png (not needed)
    and...
    token_legendary.png --> redflag.pngicon_thor.png GT

All in all, good pulls and well worth it it seems.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final tally, with 4 purchased tokens, 2 from progression, 3 from Sub rewards, and 2 from alliance sub rewards..

12 2*s.

Boo.
  • Update. I did get the vault for the iceman PVP as mentioned above. W was actually able to pull an Iceman from the vault as well.

Thanks.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chief270 wrote:
    So what exactly is the criteria for getting a vault reward structure instead of the classic ones? PC vs. Mobile?

I have had the vault once each on both steam and mobile, not in the same events though.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't exactly know how they made the choice. Last time the vaults were thrown at us, I remember it seeming like there was a split between PC and mobile. However, I'm not sure if that actually was the case or just a small sample size of people chiming in. If I recall correctly, the PVP vaults are out of 40 tokens since you don't have daily rewards.

Maybe they were in the past, but for the iceman one it was 80 items.