Venom Heroic (9/21) Vault vs. the norm

Jathro
Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So the Venom Heroic is now live (oh joy) and I notice I have the vault for my token spending/purchase needs. Others in my alliance have the normal event screen. Is this being re-tested?

It seems a bit strange, especially now with the implementation of the legendary tokens. Conceivably, I (and others with the vault) have a chance at the legendary token while others without it do not unless they buy a 40-pack. For that matter, if vault people buy a 40-pack is the legendary token even guaranteed like it would be if the vault wasn't there?

With a little luck, I could end up with a legendary token for a mere 100hp (daily deal) while those without the vault are forced to buy a 40pack for their guaranteed token.

EDIT: for those without the vault, it's an 80-item vault with a legendary token, 3 different 4-stars, 22x 3-star covers, and the rest are 2-star covers

Comments

• We don't have a sneak peak on another 4* so seems that the pve after will have a vault for the ones without it on venom heroic.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    EDIT: for those without the vault, it's an 80-item vault with a legendary token, 3 different 4-stars, 22x 3-star covers, and the rest are 2-star covers
    26 covers 3* or better in an 80-item vault? O_o

Want.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    *looks at vault*

literally one 3* cover I need. Any of the 4* would be useful, of course.

Which means it'll be a bunch of ISO for me from this event.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    *looks at vault*

literally one 3* cover I need. Any of the 4* would be useful, of course.

Which means it'll be a bunch of ISO for me from this event.

I'm in the same position. The only useful 3* for me is icon_vision.pngyellowflag.png . All 4* would be good.

Real question: is the 100:imcoin: Daily Deal worth it for a 5% chance at a 4*?

I'm thinking no.
  • WHY CANT WE ALL GET THE SAME PVE/PVP VAULT?

"The Juggernaut PVE vault contained 1 DPX cover and 3 other random 4* covers. The DPX pvp vault had 4 DPX covers."

If history repeats the pve vault has 1 Iceman cover and pvp vault will feature 4 Iceman covers...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have a vault right now. I did however get the Heroic vault when Deadpool was released.
    Is there anyone who has gotten the vault for both PvEs or do you think this is the second stage of the same test? I could see it as
    Stage 1: Group A gets the vault for Heroic mode, group B gets it for the 4* PvP.
    Stage 2: Group B gets the vault for Heroic mode, group A gets it for the 4* PvP.

Just curious if the idea holds up...
  • I got the Heroic mode pve vault twice icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ackerlight wrote:
    I got the Heroic mode pve vault twice icon_e_sad.gif
    Nevermind then. Guess you have randomization to thank for it...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the vault this time, last time i had the standard, if it is random, that would be odd, i think they are using different sets for the a/b test, maybe based on performance or data from something we are not privy to.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I have the vault now and had it last time on the pve side as well.
  • I believe the last time they did this it was A/B testing. So if you got the vault in one event, you'd have tokens in the other, and vice versa. I appreciate this and wouldn't mind if they continued this trend as I feel it's the best of both worlds.

That said, I'm not chasing any particular covers (most 3*+ are useful to me), so I can imagine it wouldn't be great if the vault didn't contain anything useful for you. At least with tokens you'd have that small (sometimes infinitesimal) chance of rolling what you need.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I got the vault and decided to buy a token for 100 HP since I needed all 3 of the 4 stars and obv could use the legendary token. Don't need any 3 stars.

Pulled a Blue Iceman cover. Very happy.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the vault and decided to buy a token for 100 HP since I needed all 3 of the 4 stars and obv could use the legendary token. Don't need any 3 stars.

Congrats!! I was tempted to buy a token.. this may cinch it.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

Congrats!! I was tempted to buy a token.. this may cinch it.

Odds are really good if you need all the 4* covers. 5% for a useable is very good IMO, since with the regular tokens, even if you pull a 4* you might get a duplicate. At least here you know it would be useful.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I don't have a vault right now. I did however get the Heroic vault when Deadpool was released.
    Is there anyone who has gotten the vault for both PvEs or do you think this is the second stage of the same test? I could see it as
    Stage 1: Group A gets the vault for Heroic mode, group B gets it for the 4* PvP.
    Stage 2: Group B gets the vault for Heroic mode, group A gets it for the 4* PvP.

Just curious if the idea holds up...

I had the PVE XDP vault and now the PVE iceman vault. Wish I didn't (especially if its 4 icemans for the PVP one).
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    2 for 2 as a non-vaulter.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only need 2 of the 3 fixed 4* covers in my vault (already sold one purple Fury) but one of them is a red Thor, and I really need that, plus the other is green Iceman. Very tempted.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have

iceman purple
    reed blue
    force yellow

love to get any of them

Ummm how is this fair that someone gets this vault and someone else gets the next if the numbers are the same vault of 80

this event 3 days 3 + 3 alaince +2 earn =8
    next event 7 days 7 + 7 + 3 17 out of 80 for free that is almost 25% of the vault they are given to just 10% here
  • slidecage wrote:
    i have

iceman purple
    reed blue
    force yellow

love to get any of them

Ummm how is this fair that someone gets this vault and someone else gets the next if the numbers are the same vault of 80

this event 3 days 3 + 3 alaince +2 earn =8
    next event 7 days 7 + 7 + 3 17 out of 80 for free that is almost 25% of the vault they are given to just 10% here

If its like the last A/B test, the second batch will happen on a PVP event, which do not last 7 days.

Plus, simulator is next, and that's not a 7 day event.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Which is fine if you'd prefer chances at multiple 4stars. But not as good if you'd prefer 4x Iceman covers, as others have pointed out could happen.

Personally I'd prefer the Iceman covers but alas I got the vault here