Next 4* DDQ - Invisible Woman - Worth levelling?

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Wolveroach has a level 140 5/1/2 Invisible Woman. Is there any point, at all, in levelling her to her max of 172 in anticipation of the next 4* DDQ? I'm leaning towards "No, don't even bother".

I can't think of any 3* she could beat. For that character level and covers; she has 6805 health; Force Bubbles costs 7 blue, locks 2 and creates a strength 100 protect tile; Force Field Crush, costs 12 and deals 443 damage for up to 2 existing Force Bubbles; Grant Invisibility costs 9, and creates 4 strength 143 protect tiles.

Anyone with an AoE attack will wipe her out even if invisible. In 1-on-1, I think attack tiles do damage too.

It's 5 days (okay, 4 days and 1 hour) away, and I think I'm already writing it off.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Wolveroach has a level 140 5/1/2 Invisible Woman. Is there any point, at all, in levelling her to her max of 172 in anticipation of the next 4* DDQ? I'm leaning towards "No, don't even bother".
    No, don't even bother.

Mine is at 166, 3/5/5.
    Health: 8058.
    Y: 2 protect tiles, value 85.
    B: Locks 4 tiles, tile strength 214.
    G: shatters 3 bubbles, dealing 1805 damage.

If you don't magically get covers to respec her to 3/5/5 the next 5 days, don't bother. Levels won't make a difference, covers might.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll wait to see who she goes up against before I decide if I want to level her or not. Not sure how high I can get her, either...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's pretty useful against Tetris Ultron, but other than that, not really.
  • v_ironman
    v_ironman Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Can she become invisible when she is alone? If yes, maybe she can kill some 270 with lots of luck and time.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Only chance she would have, is if she can maintain invisibility and the opponent has no AoE damage.
    Hopefully the dev's bear this in mind when choosing an opponent.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Yes she can become invisible. I was able to slowly tank her way through The Hand wave nodes, while hidden behind invisibility. Prfetty useful if you ask, at least in offence. AI would **** that up in defence.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't bother leveling.

Either her invisible/protect combo is enough for you to survive, or it isn't. You might get something out of more protect tiles from her yellow, but unlikely to make a dent against a 270.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Our of interest,

In the last cycle, my inactive Taco Vault had Invisible Woman, so that's how we could assume that this cycle's 4* would be her in the Crash of the Titans..

However, now it always has Nick Fury on the 2nd slot below the Legendary token. I wonder whether they've stopped giving us clues.. or decided to run Nick Fury again in the next cycle.. or forgot to update the tokens..
    Your off vault still has Fury in the second spot because the game hasn't flipped to the next cycle yet
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    My level 151, 553 IW isn't going to do much on offense either. never liked her gr, and I'm not going to buy green covers to respec her now. We'll just have to see what evilness developers have in store for us. icon_twisted.gif
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I think the most appropriate 3* rival for her would be icon_doctordoom.png , who has no AoE. If that were the case, you could technically do the node with a 1/0/0 lvl 70 icon_invisiblewoman.png by hiding behind the invisibility tile - though that would take a long time. Doom doesn't like to match yellow, so you'd just have to deny him blue. His only chance would be to cause a match 4 or 5 (which his blue can do) destroy your invisibility tile.

Her green does do decent damage. I personally see usefulness in her, especially given her colors, and plan to level her to 167 at least. But the smart thing would be to hold on to your iso8.png until you've had a chance to attempt to cheese the node with her as is.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Our of interest,

In the last cycle, my inactive Taco Vault had Invisible Woman, so that's how we could assume that this cycle's 4* would be her in the Crash of the Titans..

However, now it always has Nick Fury on the 2nd slot below the Legendary token. I wonder whether they've stopped giving us clues.. or decided to run Nick Fury again in the next cycle.. or forgot to update the tokens..
    Your off vault still has Fury in the second spot because the game hasn't flipped to the next cycle yet
    I expect we'll see a data download in the next day or two on app launch, and the inactive vault will update then.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Hayek wrote:
    I think the most appropriate 3* rival for her would be icon_doctordoom.png , who has no AoE.

We've already seen with Nick Fury v Mangeto that they're less invested in the "grudge match" aspect than many of us were expecting. Doom makes more sense thematically, but I'm half expecting the opponent to be Carnage. The protect tiles and invisibility become extremely useful while you watch Carnage beat up on himself, but he has an AoE, so you still have to be careful about denying AP etc.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    stowaway wrote:
    Hayek wrote:
    I think the most appropriate 3* rival for her would be icon_doctordoom.png , who has no AoE.

We've already seen with Nick Fury v Mangeto that they're less invested in the "grudge match" aspect than many of us were expecting. Doom makes more sense thematically, but I'm half expecting the opponent to be Carnage. The protect tiles and invisibility become extremely useful while you watch Carnage beat up on himself, but he has an AoE, so you still have to be careful about denying AP etc.

so far they have always taken a 3* and boosted him to 270. So, no Carnage if they maintain this approach. There are a lot of aoe dmg dealer in the 3* tier that could ruin IW (and our) day, anyway!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    Hayek wrote:

I'm thinking She-Hulk would be a good choice. Settlement can steal Sue's protect tiles, Power of Attorney can do some damage and possibly get the invisibility tile, and Furious Charge is just generally annoying. Plus it continues the "share two colors" theme we've seen so far.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The only 3*s that would make sense thematically would be

Storm
    Black Panther
    SHulk
    Thing
    Human Torch

Doom will obviously be for Reed.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    a 270 BP for Suzie? That's the stuff nightmares are made of!

p.s.

the thing is not a 3*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to be Thing so he can clobber her
  • It's going to be a real grudge match for the devs. They're going to use it to prove that even the worst 3* can beat IW.

So who's it going to be? Vision? No, he only sucks until he's maxed. Then, suddenly, his abilities work at all.

Doc Ock? No, they're going to make us beat him using Carnage.

Maybe Bullseye. He can use your protect tiles against you. Still, it would be impressive if they made you lose to a character who can't use his kill skill.

No. Beast. He uses all your colours, and is a pile of garbage. A boosted Beast is exactly what they need to pants us and make fun of our understains.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    donietsche wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    Hayek wrote:

so far they have always taken a 3* and boosted him to 270. So, no Carnage if they maintain this approach. There are a lot of aoe dmg dealer in the 3* tier that could ruin IW (and our) day, anyway!

It's too soon to start declaring a pattern. . . they could boost a 1* to 270.

Another possibility is Loki. His low health puts him in reach of Sue's low damage. Meanwhile, the only chance he'll ever have to be lethal in a 1v1 is against someone who makes protect tiles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think she is somewhat useful as a support character.

She produces protect tiles fairly easily, invis is a useful power, and locking down problem tiles is a great tool again villains who produce single, powerful tiles or countdown that you otherwise can't match.

She's not great, even after her buff, but I think she is useful as a second or third role player.

But if iso is precious, then definitely wait until we see the matchup in a few days.