So, about that token at 1300...

13»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Hit 1300 for perhaps the only time of the season? I ended up shielding at weird times and had a good push past 1K, so went for it.

It was hotter than I ever remember, hit 1300 in first battle of hop, hit in 2nd battle and shielded at 1297...at which point I was hit at least 8 more times. Nine (+?) attacks in a very fast two-hop. That 1297? I think it got me 12th, wasn't T10....so 1300 was not uncommon in that slice.

My experience was the same (same slice, I know because you bounced my shield once)

I didn't check my placement this morning, but it was top 50 rewards that rolled in, so I was at least 26th with 1309. And yes, 6-7 minutes was as long as you could go without a flood of attacks coming in, assuming you didn't have Jean/Carnage (though I'm sure even they got pounded after a while)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    depending on timing, I'm allowing myself 3-5 shields to get it. everything has to go very well for me to make it with 3 shields, but doable. if I add a 3/8 hr shield pair, it should be much easier. also need to find slices where big boys are home. notable high point absence in slice 1 for panther. came up just short with ~1250. but heck, I used to use 3 shields to get to 1K, so still progress. just wish AI would choose overdrive more than RotP.
  • I thought I would for sure try to get to 1300 every pvp after the legendary token announcement. Then I realized how difficult it was (and how expensive) during the first PVP with the token.

I can almost always get to 1k with very few attacks against me (and just 1 shield). I don't have fist/buster, so that could be my problem.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    barrok wrote:
    I thought I would for sure try to get to 1300 every pvp after the legendary token announcement. Then I realized how difficult it was (and how expensive) during the first PVP with the token.

I can almost always get to 1k with very few attacks against me (and just 1 shield). I don't have fist/buster, so that could be my problem.

I was running max fistbuster + max BP, it was nothing (hence the many attacks). Pretty much the only way to hop up there easily is have at least one (if not both) of the weekly buffed 4*'s maxed.

[Glad I bounced off you Grumpy, did try to wait a few before that hit! icon_e_wink.gif]
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    just wanted to chime in and say i really appreciate this post. i'm not in the 1300 club but am working tirelessly on just getting the 1K, so i need all you guys up at the top doing your thing icon_e_smile.gif i've noticed that lately my brackets are so dry that i'm way too overexposed to get there without waaaay too many sheids. last season i had good luck flying under the radar in x-men brackets and the like, and have been trying to figure out why that seemed to change so quickly. maybe it's partly bad luck in the brackets i join, and/or the off-season and early season pvp that people aren't playing as hard...but after reading through this thread, it doesn't exactly leave me optimistic about the points coming back unless there's a great reward at 1K...

regardless, well-said to the OP, really appreciate your and everyone else's take on this.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Last two pvp with legendary as a 1300 prize have been brutal for me. BP is normally brutal but I gave up at 800 with nothing but max fistbusters or JG/HB ahead of me. Red Shift, I started seeing max fistbusters as soon as I passed 600. Before legendary tokens I wouldn't see max fistbusters until after 800-850. Is this , as previous poster mentioned, possibly because fewer people are going for 1300 so points are down (even max fistbusters are only worth 33-36 for me where they used to be 45-70). I know i am no longer chasing the 1k which I would get regularly before so I'm definitely a player not adding as many points to the pool. Will be interesting to see how many people stop chasing 1k as a result of people not chasing 1300.