Creepiest character art yet?

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Good lord, that Iceman art is freaking me out.

Why, D3, why?

icon_eek.gif

55f98239a79df.jpg

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    You must have a spell to banish the demon that possessed poor bobby doc!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:

LOL. Let me consult the Vishanti.
  • Kill-it-with-fire.jpg

Where's 4* Torch?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    lul I just noticed he has like an ice diaper on, D3 plz
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    57715137.jpg
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Good lord, that Iceman art is freaking me out.

If that's anything close to accurate, that's hideous.

... and then I went searching on Google Images for something better ... unfortunately a third of the examples look more like Silver Surfer, and another third are equally bad as the one you posted. *sigh*
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Can't completely fault them for this. That's how young Ice Man looked in All-New X-Men. Though the character's art, like several characters art, could use more polish.

05allnewx16b.jpg

Only creepy thing is he seems to have a butt pose.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Can't completely fault them for this. That's how young Ice Man looked in All-New X-Men. Though the character's art, like several characters art, could use more polish.

Given that the character has been around for 50 years or so, they definitely had other options they could have used, although to be fair it is consistent with Jean Grey.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Crowl wrote:
    Given that the character has been around for 50 years or so, they definitely had other options they could have used, although to be fair it is consistent with Jean Grey.
    Older Bobby Drake has, younger Bobby has far less time on the clock.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I think giving him some "Ice hair" and non-iced boots/belt would go a long way to de-creepifying him.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Characters tend to reflect their counterpart in the current MU or MCU at the time they're introduced into the game. That's why Hulk has on his metal pants (I never read Waid's run, so I don't why he has them), Cyclops has his recent all red look, IM40, etc. A few years ago they brought the original X-Men in to the modern time. Young Ice Man has been in the spotlight more so than his older version, especially after recently being outed as gay, so that's probably why he was chosen over modern adult Bobby.
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    he look like voldermort with a nose
  • I was thinking... (mostly because they just released a bald guy riding a white surfboard, wearing a skin-tight suit) that they'd end up depicting him as a normal guy in his uniform, manipulating ice. Kind of like they did Jean and that pink butterfly thing.

All-New-X-Men-New-Costumes-042115-Dragonlord.jpg

Everyone's a critic, though. His animations look pretty kickass icon_e_smile.gif
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:

Don't let it in. You can't get rid of the Bobbydoc.
  • Billigoat wrote:
    I was thinking... (mostly because they just released a bald guy riding a white surfboard, wearing a skin-tight suit) that they'd end up depicting him as a normal guy in his uniform, manipulating ice. Kind of like they did Jean and that pink butterfly thing.

Everyone's a critic, though. His animations look pretty kickass icon_e_smile.gif

this would have been cute! esp if they added others in the uniform.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Terrible...

I always used to love Iceman but don't matter how good he can be - I don't want him in my roster because of the art.
  • Easily the worst character art in the game, I actually don't know if I wanna use him anymore lol.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Billigoat wrote:

Why is JG touching herself...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't like it at all... time for a facelift like they did Steve Rogers... and are the rumors of another butt pose true too?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Billigoat wrote:

Why is JG touching herself...

Young Jean realized shes growing **** icon_lol.gif