MPQ At Marvel.com: Iceman Arrives!

13»

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    He looks like a pre-pubescent Voldemort who fell into a cellular peptide cake [with mint frosting.]

Or, all joking aside, like a piece of X-men themed child-pr0n from some pedo's deviantart page. I'm honestly aghast this made it through the alleged Marvel Licensing approvals process.
    This is pretty much the direct result of the comic art being very minimalist and our art being fairly realistic. It's pretty on, given that.
    That's kind of what I figured, given comparisons to comic art for this version of Bobby. Consider the odd proportions for Squirrel Girl's face, which comes from blending a very cartoonish comic appearance with the smother, 3d-ish models in the game.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better in these cases for D3 to expand the range of in-game art styles a bit, but that runs the risk of seeming haphazard and inconsistent.
  • If her face was completely white...

5-characters-to-keep-an-eye-on-going-into-marvel-s-phase-3-362352.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If her face was completely white...

5-characters-to-keep-an-eye-on-going-into-marvel-s-phase-3-362352.jpg

Sorry, Karen gets a pass on anything.. she could blow up to 400lbs and i would still find her hot.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    He looks like a pre-pubescent Voldemort who fell into a cellular peptide cake [with mint frosting.]

Or, all joking aside, like a piece of X-men themed child-pr0n from some pedo's deviantart page. I'm honestly aghast this made it through the alleged Marvel Licensing approvals process.
    This is pretty much the direct result of the comic art being very minimalist and our art being fairly realistic. It's pretty on, given that.
    That's kind of what I figured, given comparisons to comic art for this version of Bobby. Consider the odd proportions for Squirrel Girl's face, which comes from blending a very cartoonish comic appearance with the smother, 3d-ish models in the game.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better in these cases for D3 to expand the range of in-game art styles a bit, but that runs the risk of seeming haphazard and inconsistent.

Or just adapt versions of characters that mesh well with the MPQ art style. Bobby has more than enough different looks in the archives.

(Squirrel Girl...yeah, she was never going to look "normal." If you don't like Henderson's version, consider Googling "Steve Ditko Squirrel Girl.")
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:

Understood... but Ice, nobody's holding a gun to your head (I assume) and demanding that the artwork be realistic all the time. I mean, we wouldn't want this sort of thing, would we? icon_e_smile.gif

untooned08.jpg
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Understood... but Ice, nobody's holding a gun to your head (I assume) and demanding that the artwork be realistic all the time. I mean, we wouldn't want this sort of thing, would we? icon_e_smile.gif

<snip images>
    Sure, but then you'd also eventually end up with

aczdpuu8hfunlhn3k454.gif

Worth it, I think.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone from Demiurge delete Björk from Jae's music collection?

https://youtu.be/gyy71stDjX4?t=10m20s
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sooo....when will all the Iceman is ugly threads be combined? icon_lol.gif
    When my work isn't serving whiskey and bratwurst on the front lawn, probably.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DayvBang wrote:
    If ever there was a reason to not be modding, I think we found it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    ...are you hiring?
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    12039536_10156165631800601_8531894441503158771_n.jpg?oh=25688d7595ddd182cab319a1a7be01e4&oe=569DB536