MPQ At Marvel.com: Iceman Arrives!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

Chills! Thrills! Summer hath frozen over with the arrival of Iceman in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Slide over to Marvel.com right away for icy info on Bobby Drake in a chat with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. Killer preview screenshots & power peeks are available for all interested parties.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: ICEMAN
Quote:
"Marvel.com: And it's not just his powers that are wild, but he was the original Xavier School class clown. Did you guys happen to channel any of that into his design?

Joe Fletcher: Well, again, this is younger Bobby, but he’s still definitely got that feel. One of his abilities has him building and smashing snowmen in order to attack his foes. I mean, it doesn’t have to be a snowman, but why not? Mr. Drake gets to hurt his opponent physically and humiliate them by smashing them flat under three orbs of snow, with optional coal eyes and carrot."

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    He sorta looks like Gollum!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why does Iceman look like a ghost?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, please rethink the artwork, this s....cks
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I like the artwork, it's.. creepily realistic though. It looks kind of alien to most of the other character's artwork. It's beautiful, but in a way that makes it look like it belongs in another game, not MPQ?
    Still like it though, but that smile will give me nightmares haha.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Cousins?
    large_1uRKsxOCtgz0xVqs9l4hYtp4dFm.jpg
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I think this may be my least favorite MPQ character art since Squirrel Girl -- and in her case, it's only her creepily-stretched in-battle Jokerface that I thought was terribly done.

THIS, though.....
    I realize it's supposed to be the young ANXM version of Bobby Drake, but he looks less like Iceman and more like a pre-pubescent version of "Powder".
    Creepy. Awful. I hate it. Kill it with fire. #ChannellingMyInnerSentinel

Edit: HA, you beat me to it, Kobalt. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I wanted more butt shots in the game, but ... not like this.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    I think this may be my least favorite MPQ character art since Squirrel Girl -- and in her case, it's only her creepily-stretched in-battle Jokerface that I thought was terribly done.

THIS, though.....
    I realize it's supposed to be the young ANXM version of Bobby Drake, but he looks less like Iceman and more like a pre-pubescent version of "Powder".
    Creepy. Awful. I hate it. Kill it with fire. #ChannellingMyInnerSentinel

Edit: HA, you beat me to it, Kobalt. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Kamala?

Thread related
    f1dkBFO0LcC1dCKwmePSOIfj31Ez8OubqEQX3BJrRhLjW9cSo_47TLpzRl8voloaE15GsWev5SE2aIm13TU2z0yteXvH_FR5ua2MJoyTPbi7-xciWW-vQMtveCthHDq2s-OWAJrYTypzV_aHL_rPidwmGYwuzek=w245-h150-nc
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the hell is that thing..... you might as well had gone this route

Iceman-Swimsuit-970x545.jpg

icon_lol.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to distract from very important butt-related conversations, but the character thread for Iceman says Uncanny Snowman stuns its target when used for the first time and then deals damage the second time (as long as the countdown is still out). The interview says it does nothing except place a countdown on the first use. This seems like a big change!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was looking forward to him because I liked his skillset.

This is creepy creepy creepy no!!! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Hey, remember that time that Bobby Drake met Rock Hudson?

hqdefault.jpg
  • When did they add Casper?

I'm really disappointed in the art choice for this one. So many cooler versions of Iceman.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Not to distract from very important butt-related conversations, but the character thread for Iceman says Uncanny Snowman stuns its target when used for the first time and then deals damage the second time (as long as the countdown is still out). The interview says it does nothing except place a countdown on the first use. This seems like a big change!
    The stun is still there, it was accidentally left out of the interview. The downsides of live Q&A! To be clear, the Countdown tile does nothing. The ability firing does the stun.
  • I think they're making the wrong choice by adding the All-New X-Men as 4*s. They should be the weaker versions. Young Jean would be 3*, mature Jean would be 4*, and Dark Phoenix would be 5*.

Because they have to make Dark Phoenix.

But young Bobby Drake is not 4* material. He's barely 2*. Iceman only entered 4* territory later, when he came to understand his complete lack of limitations.

I know that 4* isn't necessarily reserved for the most powerful characters, but it really should be. Elektra, teenage Iceman, and Starlord would brick their pants if Sentry, Hulk, She-Hulk, Thor, or Iron Man tried to fight them. That's, "or," not, "and."

I expect a 4* All-New Cyclops soon. I mean, at least that version can shoot straight. He must be more powerful.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    So there's sexy butt 4* number one.

I kind of like the art, it's an interesting take on the original Jack Kirby 'snowman' design. A bit creepy though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they're making the wrong choice by adding the All-New X-Men as 4*s. They should be the weaker versions. Young Jean would be 3*, mature Jean would be 4*, and Dark Phoenix would be 5*.
    Young Jean has actually found new ways to use her powers that main-timeline Jean never did, because she started invoking the external power of Phoenix instead. One could make an argument for 4* based on that.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't realize we were getting the version that starred in the Cocoon films.
  • brisashi wrote:
    I didn't realize we were getting the version that starred in the Cocoon films.

Maybe he's a nightmare version. Make sure you check under your bed, Creeper Iceman is waiting!
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    he looks like the cat kid from the grudge w/o hair