MPQ At Marvel.com: Iceman Arrives!

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I really hope they change the artwork. He looks like a very creepy version of Casper the friendly ghost crossed with a snowman.
  • san-mpq wrote:
    I really hope they change the artwork. He looks like a very creepy version of Casper the friendly ghost crossed with a snowman.

I couldn't of think of why this Iceman artwork looked familiar until I read your comment. He does indeed look like Casper the ghost hitting puberty; very awkwardly.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reminds me of a young George Dawes.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it won’t just be Iceman to grab and freeze your foes with, but Professor X, Carnage, Nick Fury—all the 4*s are going to see more play in the upcoming months!

Does this mean 4* PVPs or just upcoming Deadpool Daily's?
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    lukewin wrote:
    So it won’t just be Iceman to grab and freeze your foes with, but Professor X, Carnage, Nick Fury—all the 4*s are going to see more play in the upcoming months!

Does this mean 4* PVPs or just upcoming Deadpool Daily's?

I'd like to know if we'd expect new things or already know what they're referring to as well lol
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    L2Ik7Sd.jpg?1
    Naked Iceman playing with his balls...
  • more this
    iceman-by-angelt1.jpg?w=584

less this
    gollumx2.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2013-08-14-at-11.33.05.png
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I was really looking forward to a classic iceman. He's one of my favorite characters of all time. Very disappointed.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    He looks like a pre-pubescent Voldemort who fell into a cellular peptide cake [with mint frosting.]

Or, all joking aside, like a piece of X-men themed child-pr0n from some pedo's deviantart page. I'm honestly aghast this made it through the alleged Marvel Licensing approvals process.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I for one welcome our new jailbait Ken Doll PvP overlords.

This is totally in character. Didn't everyone make terrible fashion choices as a teenager?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    He looks like a pre-pubescent Voldemort who fell into a cellular peptide cake [with mint frosting.]

Or, all joking aside, like a piece of X-men themed child-pr0n from some pedo's deviantart page. I'm honestly aghast this made it through the alleged Marvel Licensing approvals process.
    This is pretty much the direct result of the comic art being very minimalist and our art being fairly realistic. It's pretty on, given that.
  • I actually like his appearance for the sole reason that it's resulted in so many hilarious "he looks like..." comments.
  • IceIX wrote:

This is pretty much the direct result of the comic art being very minimalist and our art being fairly realistic. It's pretty on, given that.

Considering the chosen cover art, it seems decently on there.

Although it just makes me wonder more about Scarlet Witch not matching her cover in the slightest again. Ah, oh well.
  • IceIX wrote:

While it might technically be on the money in terms of what it would look like, I don't think it translates to MPQ very well. There's an uncanny valley response that just makes you cringe because something isn't right. The stylized look in the comic works (mostly), but making it realistic just creates some weird alien look. I understand why you guys went with this version since he's more in the spotlight as young Bobby right now, it's just a shame that it doesn't feel like Iceman.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Looked around thread. Did not see Frozen meme. Was disappointed.

1917568.jpg
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think the main problem with his art is his sunken, dark eyes that make him look like a rejected Japanese horror character. If you fix his eyes so they are just blank (like the Silver Surfer art) or glowing, it would look a lot less creepy, without needing to change it too much.
  • i hope we get another variant for him later on if only because this art is kind of more or less terrifying and pretty fug. i liked the idea another user had in a topic with him matching jg and in the uniform.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I refuse to ever recruit this creepy thing...
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    imoko wrote:
    i hope we get another variant for him later on if only because this art is kind of more or less terrifying and pretty fug. i liked the idea another user had in a topic with him matching jg and in the uniform.

Yep, the art is ugly, really. I propose we refuse to grind during his PvE until the art is fixed!!
    icon_e_confused.gif
    icon_e_confused.gif
    erm, no. Just kidding, we will grind icon_neutral.gif