Guess/Suggest the 4* DDQ grudge matches

13»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L wrote:
    Got to be Ant-Man versus Ultron, his 'father' right?
    Wron Ant-Man I am afraid. I don't think Scott Lang has any special relationship with Ultron.
    If only Jack of Hearts was in the game...
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I know, but compared to everyone else in game, he doesn't have massive links to anyone. Maybe Falcon going off of the film, but it would have to be 3* Falcon with no offence to link to that. Maybe they'll include the Jack of Hearts before then, or Darren Cross.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    IceIX wrote:
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".

If I were to take a stab at this I'd guess (and fear) Fury will be going up against Luke Cage. Cage led the Thunderbolts and from the little that I know about them (correct me if I'm wrong), they seem to have a pretty spotty history of whether they are "good guys" or "bad guys". If this is the case at least the denial strategy will be similar to what we had to do for cyclops, although yellow will be much more dangerous this time than red, and that pesky protect tile will be a real pain. I doubt I can win that fight with my Fury, but then again, this may not even be who he is set to face off against.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    W4L Andre wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".

If I were to take a stab at this I'd guess (and fear) Fury will be going up against Luke Cage. Cage led the Thunderbolts and from the little that I know about them (correct me if I'm wrong), they seem to have a pretty spotty history of whether they are "good guys" or "bad guys". If this is the case at least the denial strategy will be similar to what we had to do for cyclops, although yellow will be much more dangerous this time than red, and that pesky protect tile will be a real pain. I doubt I can win that fight with my Fury, but then again, this may not even be who he is set to face off against.
    wow, if they start Cyclops/cage. i'll be glad I won't be around the forums on sunday. I can't imagine how much whining there'd be. my 1/2/1 fury pretty much has no chance against cage.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L wrote:
    I know, but compared to everyone else in game, he doesn't have massive links to anyone. Maybe Falcon going off of the film, but it would have to be 3* Falcon with no offence to link to that. Maybe they'll include the Jack of Hearts before then, or Darren Cross.

Fighting 3* falcon might mean you die of old age while falcon fights you for blue, purple and yellow, buffing all his birds to kingdom come...
  • W4L Andre wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I wouldn't be too afraid of Cage. His yellow will only be base damage - no allies - and his black is almost never played correctly by the AI. This only leaves that pesky red shield. And Fury can trap tile that clown to death anyways.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Ok...here goes...

Reed - Doom
    Sue - Panther
    Thing - Torch
    PX - Magneto
    Thoress - Rag/Loki
    XFW - Cy
    Star - Rocket
    Kingpin - DD
    HB - Hulk
    Carnage - Spidey
    Fury - Hood
    CapFal - Iron Man
    Ant-man - Falcon
    Elektra - Bullseye
    Deadpool - Colossus
    Jean - Mystique
    Ice - Quick
    Dino - Turok??? lol icon_mrgreen.gif

The last 3 were best guess...
  • I think you all are going to get swerved and one fight is going to be against some completely random guy that it just match because game mechanics.

That being said, wouldn't surprise to see Carnage matched against Doc Ock. Stun, tile steal, and tile destroy, could be NASTY for Carnage.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Malcrof wrote:
    As long as there are no stairs, he should be fine in a 1 on 1
    Wait. Bad on stairs, implacable and eventually victorious? Is Professor X a Dalek?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    As long as there are no stairs, he should be fine in a 1 on 1
    Wait. Bad on stairs, implacable and eventually victorious? Is Professor X a Dalek?

Professor eXterminate.

We have proof.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok, going to attempt to call my shot for Sunday's node - Fury vs. Doom. hero leader vs villain leader and colors match up similar to the xf/cyc matchup where you can reasonably use colors you're denying. also a self feeder like cyc. trap vs trap. makes too much sense based on what I have to go on.