Guess/Suggest the 4* DDQ grudge matches

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The best part about today's 4* DDQ was that I love the Cyke / Wolvie grudge-match (let's just talk about that for now). And under other circumstances I love to see Wolvie KO'd by Full Blast. It was still fun here, I just prefer to be on the other side of that match-up.

So who else would you like to see 1 on 1?

Elektra / Bullseye
Kingpin / Daredevil

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know there'll be Mr. Fantastic vs. Doctor Doom and Professor X vs 3Mags.

Hulkbuster vs Hulk seems like a no-brainer.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    One of the best things in my opinion is that both characters share similar colors:
    Wolverine: greentile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png
    Cyclops: redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png

So you can gather needed AP and still deny your opponent to do that.
    You have to fight for you color and prevent enemy to gather his.
    This forces you to think carefully about every move.

In my opinion future duels should be organized in the same way.

So Nick Fury is the next 4* to fight - who do you think will be his opponent?
    Maybe Steve Rogers?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool vs Deadpool.
    Thing vs Torch.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reed versus Doom.
    Xavier versus Magneto.
    CapFalc versus Steve Rogers.
    Thoress versus lazy Thor.
    Carnage versus Spider-Man.
    Star-Lord versus Grocket/Gamora.
    Fury versus Mystique (spy versus spy?). Or possibly Gorgon.

Jean is a tough one. Juggernaut or Patch maybe? Possibly Scarlet Witch.

No idea for IW.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    You know there'll be Mr. Fantastic vs. Doctor Doom and Professor X vs 3Mags.

Hulkbuster vs Hulk seems like a no-brainer.

Thing vs the Hulk is also a "thing" in the Marvel Universe (no pun intended.) We may well see that. Kingpin vs Daredevil definitley, Carnage vs either Spider Man or Venom. Nick is an interesting questions, since there's no Hydra in the game - I know less about him than his his Dad. Dunno about Sue or Jean Grey
  • Der_Lex
    Oh, and Ant-Man versus Squirrel Girl. Epic battle of the tiny critter sidekicks.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I'll bet if they do feature Carnage VS Spiderman, they'll put the 1* spiderman at 270 instead of 3* because even the Devs know how about 3* is.
  • Antman vs falcon
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    No idea for IW.

If we stick to the comics, it will be either Black Panther or Ant-Man

google it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    As long as we never see PX vs Falcon I will be happy.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I think PX should fight Patch (or possibly Electra or Captain Marvel), but that's for practical reasons rather than storyline consistency.

At least it should be easier to get Match-5s against CMags than most other characters, due to the TU tiles being destroyed.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".
  • Der_Lex
    Hmn, that sounds like the Cabal. Hood, maybe?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    i was thinking mafia don, trap tile users face goons a little too frequently on the story tab...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".

so Fury against Mags... Brotherhood? even though sometimes not evil.

But most likely.. Sentry , unless they are going to torture us and give us a lvl 270 Ares./shudder.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Do they have things well in Hand?
  • It doesn't seem impossible for Professor X to be matched against Juggernaut. They did have an epic story in the early days of the comics. And Jugg's all-opponents attack might get through Prof X's invisibility shield whereas 3* Magneto can maybe get locked out by it.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    most of those pairings are correct (lore-wise), assuming that the node will always present a 4* against a lvl 270 3*.

More options would be available if the tier of the opponent can change (and I believe that this could be the case for Fury already, if the organization Ice talked about is The Hand), including (scaled) 1* (amazing spider-man vs kingpin... come on!), 2*(we could have carnage vs venom, for example) or 4* .
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    herbal wrote:
    And Jugg's all-opponents attack might get through Prof X's invisibility shield whereas 3* Magneto can maybe get locked out by it.

We are still talking about MPQ Juggernaut, right?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Do they have things well in Hand?

He said "sometimes" though. Hmmmm. Of course, the "sometimes" may just be that they don't battle them all the time, not that they are sometimes allies...