Guess/Suggest the 4* DDQ grudge matches

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I just want one of the 4* fights to be against a goon.

Maybe Star-Lord?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want one of the 4* fights to be against a goon.

Level 999 Maggia Don.
  • herbal wrote:
    It doesn't seem impossible for Professor X to be matched against Juggernaut. They did have an epic story in the early days of the comics. And Jugg's all-opponents attack might get through Prof X's invisibility shield whereas 3* Magneto can maybe get locked out by it.

Was going to suggest this. Juggs' board shake may remove the invisibility shield fairly often. I think that's what you mean, right?

Level 270 Juggernaut...have fun guys! My 1/0/0 cover Prof X is ready!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".
    Do they have things well in Hand?

He said "sometimes" though. Hmmmm. Of course, the "sometimes" may just be that they don't battle them all the time, not that they are sometimes allies...

Nick Fury vs Lvl 395 Doc Ock, leader of the Sinister Six!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I think of it, the more I'd say that despite his relatively low HP, Hood could be a tough opponent for Fury, who has three effective but expensive powers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a way, Gorgon is a mirror to Nick Fury
    Avengers Assemble is mirrored by Awaken The Hand
    Escape Plan is mirrored by Debilitating Slash
    Demolition is mirrored by Gorgon's Gaze...

COuld be an interesting fight if that is the case. Glad I have a 270 Fury though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Thoress vs Loki.

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    If Ares or Jugs make it into 270 land you might as well smash your phone against the wall now... it will save you the heartbreak later.

Iceman vs Human Torch ?
  • Lemminkäinen
    Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Clearly Star-Lord should fight Gamora.

#pelvicsorcery.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thoress vs Loki.

I think this is going to be Thor (4*) vs. Ragnarok (maybe even Thor (3*) to represent his initial testing of her).
  • I hope Professor X never plays in one of these. Unless he's fighting an enemy who gives him special tiles (Captain Marvel, Elektra, Carnage) he'll be limited to one ability (activated only on match-5), plus invisibility without tile boosting. So most enemies will be powerless against him, but the match will be long and boring. The other enemies will destroy him without challenge. He's the worst 4* solo character. Worse than Elektra.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Thoress vs Loki.

I think this is going to be Thor (4*) vs. Ragnarok (maybe even Thor (3*) to represent his initial testing of her).
    I've been having lots of fun running 4* Thor against Ragnarok in Hulk. By all means, heal yourself and put a few charged tiles on the board... It just means my eventual Smite hits much harder! icon_lol.gif
    So it's probably going to be plain ol Thor.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope Professor X never plays in one of these. Unless he's fighting an enemy who gives him special tiles (Captain Marvel, Elektra, Carnage) he'll be limited to one ability (activated only on match-5), plus invisibility without tile boosting. So most enemies will be powerless against him, but the match will be long and boring. The other enemies will destroy him without challenge. He's the worst 4* solo character. Worse than Elektra.

he solo beat sub 42 level 389 in The Gauntlet for me.. GSBW and SW went down hard and fast.. he cozied his tile into a corner .. and yes, it took 25 minutes, but he won it all by himself.

As long as there are no stairs, he should be fine in a 1 on 1
  • Lemminkäinen
    He's the worst 4* solo character. Worse than Elektra.
    Huh? Isn't Elektra extremely good as solo? Her black rocks on toast (use it when the opponent has enough AP to use a power). And her red allows her to keep denying AP while doing steady damage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Elektra's going to be a beast in this format if you have any black covers -- especially if she does end up fighting Bullseye. Don't use her purple, deny green, and barring a death cascade it'll be very tough to lose.
  • irwando wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nick Fury is set to battle someone who is one of the heads of a sometimes enemy "organization".
    Do they have things well in Hand?

He said "sometimes" though. Hmmmm. Of course, the "sometimes" may just be that they don't battle them all the time, not that they are sometimes allies...

Nick Fury vs Lvl 395 Doc Ock, leader of the Sinister Six!

My guess would be Daredevil
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it really comes down to whether there are repeats for the enemy. If there are, you can do things like have DOOM against multiple Fantastic Four members. Otherwise, there are obvious pairings and those already start restricting the pool by a decent amount.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    For the love of god, do not let Carnage go against a level 270 goon. The attack tiles would be unbearable!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Got to be Ant-Man versus Ultron, his 'father' right?

Otherwise, I'm most interested to see who IW and Prof X have, simply from the skill sets. IW may fight against Reed? They haven't always seen eye-to-eye over various things. Would much prefer Prof X versus Magneto, as that was a staple from comics and cartoons of my childhood, but I could see it being Jugganaut.