Most/Least Used Characters

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    Hood is fairly weak overall. He's a support character. But as support characters go, BWO is cheaper and stronger and more useful at lower levels.

Hood just kinda has to sit in the back and slowly drain AP whereas BWO can actually do things on the active side. I imagine that most people who could use Hood choose to use her instead (I know I do).

I think that it is an incomplete evaluation of Hood.

He is not weak but decent. I would even dare say that for non boosted PVP events (No Holds Barred), he should be considered top 3.

BUT and this is a big BUTT icon_e_smile.gif, he needs to be around 3.5kish to be very effective. Otherwise he will get nuked. This I guess is the main reason why BWO will of course get used and because she is easier to level. Burning ISO to level the Hood is a pain.

But surely, basing on the current characters and if in the unfortunate incident that the nerf to Spidey and Mags make them unusable, he would be one of the top characters on my list.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited February 2014
    Options
    oBW 69, 3-4-4. I wish I could do without her, and sometimes I can, but in-game healing is quite important to me. I like to play, a lot. I usually can't afford the enemy team to make a killing blow, so AP denial is even more important. I have to face enemy oBW in almost 80% of my matches atm, but that's fine.

modern Storm 45, 4-5-3. AP loops, 'nuff said, wish she were a tiny speck healthier, but she's great as she is.

Daken, maxed. His strike tiles are fun, though the animations are a bit annoying; he doesn't conflict with anyone's colors (but I think he needs at least one active ability if rarely applicable), he regenerates better than Wolverine**. Wait, Wolverine doesn't regenerate at all until almost dead ;(

Astonishing Wolverine 53, 3-4-2. Used to be my 'tank' since I never bothered with IM 35, Juggernaut, Ares, never had a usable Hulk, Punisher, IM 40, don't have Patch yet, have to rebuild Thor but never used him extensively prior to that anyway. No tanks for me, yay! I managed to finish 95% of Prologue with mStorm, mBW and cHawkeye. Had no idea you need 'tanks' for PVP until a friend told me xD.

classic Storm 65, 3-5-3. Mostly use her in PVE atm to wipe out mooks after they hurt my team with their AoE. Her green doesn't do jack for me atm, building to 5-5-3 to use with green batteries.

Thor 37, 3-4-1. If only to use yellow more and shuffle the board when I'm afraid/unwilling to take the squishy m.Storm. Although m.Storm generates AP much better, all the colors you want.

Spider-Man 53, 1-3-2. Only use him usually in PVE atm or coupled with oBW in PVP, since he can't be a viable support atm on his own.

Heavily used modern BW, classic Hawkeye and Venom in Prologue, deleted c. Hawkeye ages ago, deleted mBW not so long ago, have my doubts about Venom.

Least used: from those I actually had/was rewarded, I NEVER used Yelena, Bullseye, Juggernaut (kamikaze attacks? go away), practically never Bagman (c.Hawkeye much better than him), IM 35, Ragnarok (almost no covers pre-nerf), Magneto**, Hulk (lack of covers), some others like Moonstone, Cap. America and m.Hawkeye.
    AND DON'T FORGET THE BAGLADY, she was so useless back then in some PVE with just one overpriced yellow power. Still useless on my roster atm.

I wish to use more: Punisher; m.Hawkeye due to buff/fix; the Hood; the Hulk; Loki; Dr. Doom; Captain America in PVE; Ares maybe when I need tanks; classic Magneto; Moonstone. I would already be using them, but they are very low level.
  • Hood's blue is probably the best power in the entire game, aside from the broken ones that are being funbalanced. It's enough to make him a good character on its own. Unfortunately, his yellow costs a ton and his black needs to be reworked somehow. I like the idea, but it just isn't very relevant most of the time, even on a countdown tile team. I wish he were a less one-dimensional character.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    My top 5

The Hood
    Punisher
    Classic Magneto
    Spiderman
    Ares

Bottom 5 (characters i've basically never used)
    Venom
    OBW (it took me forever and a day to even see my first cover for her, odd)
    Yelena
    Bullseye
    Bagman
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    most used: Magneto, OBW, Wolfie**, Patch, Punisher, Spidy

the least used characters actually aren't those I think are weakest but those in the middle as I sometimes use the weakest for tanking. so my actually least used are guys like Cap, Bullseye, Daken, Storm (both of them) and pretty every *** cover where I don't have more than 3 covers yet.
  • ungassis wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Hood is fairly weak overall. He's a support character. But as support characters go, BWO is cheaper and stronger and more useful at lower levels.

Hood just kinda has to sit in the back and slowly drain AP whereas BWO can actually do things on the active side. I imagine that most people who could use Hood choose to use her instead (I know I do).

I think that it is an incomplete evaluation of Hood.

He is not weak but decent. I would even dare say that for non boosted PVP events (No Holds Barred), he should be considered top 3.

BUT and this is a big BUTT icon_e_smile.gif, he needs to be around 3.5kish to be very effective. Otherwise he will get nuked. This I guess is the main reason why BWO will of course get used and because she is easier to level. Burning ISO to level the Hood is a pain.

But surely, basing on the current characters and if in the unfortunate incident that the nerf to Spidey and Mags make them unusable, he would be one of the top characters on my list.

Don't get me wrong I love the Hood and trot him out on occasion. But if you have a Wolverine on your team (which has been a constant for many people given that he's been boosted a lot and Astonishing** was the most powerful ** in the game) BWO is a better complement. Espionage is monstrous when paired with strike tiles. I could use Hood as a 3rd on a team of Patch/OBW/Hood but then you become very very squishy.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My problem with OBW is she needs to make the hit to proc espionage. So if you run patch/spidey and you levelled spidey to 141 like a deranged maniac, OBW just don't cut it.

Plus his paltry black ability comes into its own with patch. And there is something right about killing an enemy with an ability called intimidate.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    My problem with OBW is she needs to make the hit to proc espionage. So if you run patch/spidey and you levelled spidey to 141 like a deranged maniac, OBW just don't cut it.

Plus his paltry black ability comes into its own with patch. And there is something right about killing an enemy with an ability called intimidate.

I never noticed that because I built mine a 5/5/3. I teamed her with spidey and wolvie strictly for her pink.
    Spidey tossed out shields and stunned and healed. OBW was fed by spidey to steal ap and further defend. Wolvie made tiles so damage was done on any color. It made pink an incredibly valuable color and limited having to stun lock.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Patch, Thor, OBW durring Big Thunder, Best There Is, and No Holds Barred. Patch, Daredevil, required or Yelena during Lightning rounds.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The iso spent query made the reporting tool very angry with me, so I ran an easier one for level ups as opposed to pure Iso spent.
    Thanks! Even more dominated by Prologue trio, then. Hope those players stick around. And side-by-side, in case anyone else enjoys a nice chart:
    Last thirty days ~2014-02-06

Most used                      Most level-ups
    01 Iron Man (Model 35)            Iron Man (Model 35)
    02 Thor (Marvel NOW!)             Storm (Modern)
    03 Wolverine (Astonishing)        Black Widow (Modern)
    04 Black Widow (Modern)           Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    05 Storm (Modern)                 Wolverine (Astonishing)
    06 Black Widow (Original)         Black Widow (Original)
    07 Hulk (Indestructible)          Ares (Dark Avengers)
    08 Hawkeye (Classic)              Hawkeye (Classic)
    09 Captain America (Modern)       Storm (Classic)
    10 Storm (Classic)                Captain America (Modern)
    11 Hawkeye (Modern)               Hulk (Indestructible)
    12 Spider-Man (Classic)           Hawkeye (Modern)
    13 Iron Man (Model 40)            Juggernaut (Classic)
    14 Punisher (Dark Reign)          Spider-Man (Classic)
    15 Ares (Dark Avengers)           Punisher (Dark Reign)
    16 Wolverine (Patch)              Venom (Dark Avengers)
    17 Juggernaut (Classic)           Daken (Dark Avengers)
    18 Daken (Dark Avengers)          Iron Man (Model 40)
    19 Black Widow (Grey Suit)        Wolverine (Patch)
    20 Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)       Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    21 Magneto (Classic)              Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    22 Spider-Man (Bag-Man)           Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    23 Magneto (Marvel NOW!)          Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    24 Doctor Doom (Classic)          Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    25 Venom (Dark Avengers)          Invisible Woman (Classic)
    26 Loki (Dark Reign)              Loki (Dark Reign)
    27 Hood (Classic)                 Magneto (Classic)
    28 Moonstone (Dark Avengers)      Doctor Doom (Classic)
    29 Daredevil (Man Without Fear)   Wolverine (X-Force)
    30 Invisible Woman (Classic)      Hood (Classic)
    31 Wolverine (X-Force)            Yelena (Dark Avengers)
    32 Bullseye (Dark Avengers)       Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    33 Yelena (Dark Avengers)         Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    34 Devil Dino                     Devil Dino

That aggressive Ares seeding seems to have worked. Surprised to see Hulk so high on usage, though, considering next to no one I've seen has 5 black. Probably the scarecrow/bag of hit points element.

Bag-Man has received more levels this month than Moonstone. I know she's not very good, but that's harsh. A lot of people evidently determined to shake up the meta with Patch'n'Bag-Man, finally finding a use for locked tiles. Well, "a lot": me and maybe two more people, none of us exactly dedicated to the idea. More likely still just people leveling him to be able to take a hit in TaT.
  • Veracity wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The iso spent query made the reporting tool very angry with me, so I ran an easier one for level ups as opposed to pure Iso spent.
    Thanks! Even more dominated by Prologue trio, then. Hope those players stick around. And side-by-side, in case anyone else enjoys a nice chart:
    Last thirty days ~2014-06-06

Most used                      Most level-ups
    01 Iron Man (Model 35)            Iron Man (Model 35)
    02 Thor (Marvel NOW!)             Storm (Modern)
    03 Wolverine (Astonishing)        Black Widow (Modern)
    04 Black Widow (Modern)           Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    05 Storm (Modern)                 Wolverine (Astonishing)
    06 Black Widow (Original)         Black Widow (Original)
    07 Hulk (Indestructible)          Ares (Dark Avengers)
    08 Hawkeye (Classic)              Hawkeye (Classic)
    09 Captain America (Modern)       Storm (Classic)
    10 Storm (Classic)                Captain America (Modern)
    11 Hawkeye (Modern)               Hulk (Indestructible)
    12 Spider-Man (Classic)           Hawkeye (Modern)
    13 Iron Man (Model 40)            Juggernaut (Classic)
    14 Punisher (Dark Reign)          Spider-Man (Classic)
    15 Ares (Dark Avengers)           Punisher (Dark Reign)
    16 Wolverine (Patch)              Venom (Dark Avengers)
    17 Juggernaut (Classic)           Daken (Dark Avengers)
    18 Daken (Dark Avengers)          Iron Man (Model 40)
    19 Black Widow (Grey Suit)        Wolverine (Patch)
    20 Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)       Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    21 Magneto (Classic)              Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    22 Spider-Man (Bag-Man)           Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    23 Magneto (Marvel NOW!)          Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    24 Doctor Doom (Classic)          Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    25 Venom (Dark Avengers)          Invisible Woman (Classic)
    26 Loki (Dark Reign)              Loki (Dark Reign)
    27 Hood (Classic)                 Magneto (Classic)
    28 Moonstone (Dark Avengers)      Doctor Doom (Classic)
    29 Daredevil (Man Without Fear)   Wolverine (X-Force)
    30 Invisible Woman (Classic)      Hood (Classic)
    31 Wolverine (X-Force)            Yelena (Dark Avengers)
    32 Bullseye (Dark Avengers)       Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    33 Yelena (Dark Avengers)         Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    34 Devil Dino                     Devil Dino

That aggressive Ares seeding seems to have worked. Surprised to see Hulk so high on usage, though, considering next to no one I've seen has 5 black. Probably the scarecrow/bag of hit points element.

Bag-Man has received more levels this month than Moonstone. I know she's not very good, but that's harsh. A lot of people evidently determined to shake up the meta with Patch'n'Bag-Man, finally finding a use for locked tiles. Well, "a lot": me and maybe two more people, none of us exactly dedicated to the idea.

I'm sure him being boosted in PVE helps. Especially since a low level team might have a few bagman covers which would have made progression easier in Heroic Oscorp.
  • jozier wrote:
    I'm sure him being boosted in PVE helps.
    Curse you, posting during my edit. Yeah, it's very probably just that. I threw away my Prologue covers for him before buying roster space, but I remember there were some, so everyone has access to him early.
  • Veracity wrote:

Also contributing to this is the fact that nearly everyone who played both Hulk PvE events got at least the 2 green covers even without placing. So he's been more available to the broader player base than the other newer 3*s like Punisher. I bet Patch rises up those charts pretty quickly because of how many were offered in in PvE and PvP, too.
  • Veracity wrote:

Also contributing to this is the fact that nearly everyone who played both Hulk PvE events got at least the 2 green covers even without placing. So he's been more available to the broader player base than the other newer 3*s like Punisher. I bet Patch rises up those charts pretty quickly because of how many were offered in in PvE and PvP, too.

Agreed. Especially with the added factor of him being buffed for two straight weeks with minor interruption.
  • I would use Moonstone more if her purple and black powers were changed from "RANDOM" to "SELECT". icon_idea.gif

C'est la vie.
  • ZombieCat wrote:
    I would use Moonstone more if her purple and black powers were changed from "RANDOM" to "SELECT". icon_idea.gif

C'est la vie.

Same with Loki....he would rule all if his pink was SELECT and not RANDOM.
  • My most used characters: Spiderman, Punisher, Classic Magneto, Original Black Widow, Patch

Least used: Yelena, Modern Black Widow, Bag-Man, Marvel Now Magneto, Classic Hawkeye

I would like to use more: Moonstone, Marvel Now Magneto

Awesome team dynamic that I never really get to use: Classic Hawkeye, Bullseye (I guess we can throw Yelena in here too).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most Used: Punisher, Hulk, OBW, Thor, Wolvie (not so much anymore), Spidy
    Least Used: Everyone else.
  • Mainstays lately have been OBW and Punisher. Other slot rotates between Thor, Wolverine, IM40 depending on the tournament format. I've also been messing with GSBW a bit.

Least I've ever used:
    Yelena, Bullseye, Bag Man
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Currently maining:

OBW 3/5/5 (most used char by far)
    Patch 3/5/4
    Daken 5/5

Use on occasion:
    C Storm 5/3/3
    M Storm 5/4/3