Comments

• The overall rankings are interesting.

My most used 5 in recent times are probably:

Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Thor
    OBW
    Punisher
    Storm (Classic)

Wolv and Thor are my only two maxed characters, OBW nearly so, and Storm at least level 60, while Punisher is my highest levelled 3* in the 70s and has black and that great ability in PVE fights against guys with ludicrous boosted health... I would like to get away from Thorverine, but both are still good characters and it's taking a while to level other guys- especially with the lack of readily farmable ISO in the past couple of events. I'm actually bringing up 2* Magneto, as he looks a lot of fun, I like the Magneto character and I only have one cover for 3* Mags... the only 3* where I only have one cover.

My least used characters are all the 1* except Modern Widow and Venom (I sold the rest of them; kept Venom because a 3rd wheel with black/purple is a handy substitute sometimes, and you can play Venom-Spidey teams trying to Devour people for giggles), Bullseye, Daken and Cap'n (likewise all sold), and the 3* guys I have only a couple of covers for.
  • Ooh, stats! Can your reporting mice order them by ISO spent? Maybe not all that different, but it'd probably at least reduce the weight from heavy use of IM35/M.Storm/M.Widow because that's what everyone completes the Prologue with.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Bagman is doing better than Hood? That's just sad.

It makes sense. 3* covers are bleh until you get a lot of them, and the villain covers are among the rarest in the game.

But hood+spidey trivialised the maggia missions in TaT. Whereas I assume bagman only gets counted once when he is called on to be a tank element.

There have been a lot of LRs so there can't be that few hoods out there can there? Maybe I've just been ridiculously lucky with his covers.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Ooh, stats! Can your reporting mice order them by ISO spent? Maybe not all that different, but it'd probably at least reduce the weight from heavy use of IM35/M.Storm/M.Widow because that's what everyone completes the Prologue with.
    The iso spent query made the reporting tool very angry with me, so I ran an easier one for level ups as opposed to pure Iso spent.

Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Black Widow (Modern)
    Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Black Widow (Original)
    Ares (Dark Avengers)
    Hawkeye (Classic)
    Storm (Classic)
    Captain America (Modern)
    Hulk (Indestructible)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Juggernaut (Classic)
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    Punisher (Dark Reign)
    Venom (Dark Avengers)
    Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Iron Man (Model 40)
    Wolverine (Patch)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Invisible Woman (Classic)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)
    Yelena (Dark Avengers)
    Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    Devil Dino
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The iso spent query made the reporting tool very angry with me, so I ran an easier one for level ups as opposed to pure Iso spent.

--High end snipped --
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)

Is this for the last month? No way Rags could be this low on the all-time list. Magneto obviously doesn't need a nerf. Hood needs more HP.
  • IceIX wrote:

--High end snipped --
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)

Is this for the last month? No way Rags could be this low on the all-time list. Magneto obviously doesn't need a nerf. Hood needs more HP.

I would use Hood more if he had more HP, his Yellow and Blue are awesome
  • IceIX wrote:

--High end snipped --
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)

Magneto covers are probably the hardest to get. That and the already announced balancing is probably holding his levels back.
  • IceIX
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

--High end snipped --
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)

Yep, just the last month again. And Magneto covers are just as likely as any 3*, but we haven't really been handing him out via Events or PVP other than Lightning Rounds, so he's rarer because of that.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah looks like no need to nerf. Just let the poor mutie be.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this mean hood is getting a buff? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Yeah looks like no need to nerf. Just let the poor mutie be.

Really hoping he's just on the list because of the spammability of red/blue. If his purple stays the same I'll be happy regardless of what happens to the other two.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Poor Devil Dino. No one has put him into their team since 1/21...
    I smell a hint!
  • IceIX
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    I smell a hint!
    Not that I'm aware of. He's on the list since he's technically "playable".
  • Plus the statement should be, "Poor everyone, Devil Dino hasn't been on a team since 1/21."
  • Plus the statement should be, "Poor everyone, Devil Dino hasn't been on a team since 1/21."

I read that statement and it gives me hope that Lockjaw be in a missions....that would make me smile icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    I smell a hint!
    Not that I'm aware of. He's on the list since he's technically "playable".

I'd play him more but he keeps eating venom. Which is bad for my strategy.
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    [

Iron Man (Model 35)
    Lots of cool important characters
    Magneto (Classic)
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Hood (Classic)
    Yelena (Dark Avengers)
    Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Devil Dino

That suggests that either everyone hates Hood, or his covers are really rare after all.
  • Hood is fairly weak overall. He's a support character. But as support characters go, BWO is cheaper and stronger and more useful at lower levels.

Hood just kinda has to sit in the back and slowly drain AP whereas BWO can actually do things on the active side. I imagine that most people who could use Hood choose to use her instead (I know I do).
  • jozier wrote:
    Hood is fairly weak overall. He's a support character. But as support characters go, BWO is cheaper and stronger and more useful at lower levels.

Hood just kinda has to sit in the back and slowly drain AP whereas BWO can actually do things on the active side. I imagine that most people who could use Hood choose to use her instead (I know I do).

The only fun I ever have with Hood is pairing him with Original Black Widow and Modern Storm for the ultimate AP generating team. Enemies don't get no AP no how with Hoods Blue + Black Widows purple, and Hoods yellow + Storms green/red mean the board is blowing up nonstop. Toss in a heal here and there from OBW and it's a nearly infinite chain. Every few turns you take the 30 black you've built up and do several thousand damage with repeated invocations of Hoods black power. It's a fun but slow way to blow up enemy teams.
  • I have 5/5/3 lvl 99 Hood and i'm very happy with him.

his blue and yellow skill are superb.

Pair him with spidey and you can suck AP while stunlocking enemies.

His Yellow skill often turn the tides of the battle.

It's true that he's got low HP, that's why no need to level him too high.

You can't really go wrong with the hood.

I think he's the best utility character in terms of offense. (Best defense utility character goes to spidey)