Cover Pack Percentages are a Scam

13»

Comments

• X23 wrote:
    Your odd don't stack. It always the same when you open another token.

Sorry my friend, that is not how statistics works.

Your chances of drawing a small-percentage item out of a group of items increases with the number of draws, even though the raw percentages haven't changed.

However, you also have to throw in the fact that no computer can accurately create real random numbers without an insanely sophisticated algorithm.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    While not a scam the odds are unreasonable. On day 400 and something my next resupply bonus is a Heroic that I just know will either be Ares or Moonstone!

With 1* and 2* covers raining down on players maybe it is time to shake up the token system. Standards give 1* and 2*, Heroics 3* and 4* and Legendaries 4* and 5*. Maybe give the Standards and Heroics new names to thwart those hoarders.

By the way, I felt the same the first 100 days I played this game. In the past 100 days or so I've pulled at least three 4stars out of Heroic packs. Don't ask me why, I'm not lucky in any other game I play.

I'm not saying the odds aren't ridiculously low. But from a business perspective, their purchase strategy is genius. Evil, certainly, but genius. Just like Voldemort. icon_twisted.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Women of Marvel....no increased draw rates for the Women of Marvel Puzzle Quest.

What a scam.

Can't agree with this enough. It makes no sense to run an event and then not actually feature those characters. At the very least, limit the draw pool to just the Women of Marvel. Keep the draw rates the same if they absolutely must, just get rid of the other characters.

I too don't understand why, if they're going to buff/feature specific characters they don't also increase their odds in the token pulls.
    I think it's because they have two specific models for token percentages:
    PvP - featured character gets a higher draw rate. Boom, done.
    PvE - featured four-star, three-star and two-star gets a higher draw rate.
    Off-season events fit neither model, so they just get a Heroic token with a different name.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    especially since its the same few offseason events over and over again. would be really lopsided towards just a handful of characters.