4* removed from standard tokens?

13»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing that the chance for a 4* out of a Standard token is somewhere in the ballpark of %.5 or less. Speaking for myself, I've opened a bit over 3100 Standart tokens and never drawn one, but when you get into such a low chance statistics gets really funny.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    300 tokens opened
    _________
    DP Bk
    Cap B
    Dak B
    SHulk G
    _________
    3* rate feels lower than what I remembered
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I always save 50 and then open them. I'd say about 66% of the time, 50 tokens nets me 3 golds. Similar results for my friend as well.

I know for a fact I've pulled 4* a couple of times.
  • spectator wrote:
    i'm on day 401 and have never drawn a 4* in standard tokens

I'm pushing day 200 and have also never gotten anything more than a 3* out of a token. In fact I've only ever pulled three 3* ever out of standards.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    300 tokens opened
    _________
    DP Bk
    Cap B
    Dak B
    SHulk G
    _________
    3* rate feels lower than what I remembered

I have %2.3 as the 3* percentage - it hasn't budged in some time, so I think that's accurate. I started tracking how many pulls I got between golds about 800 tokens ago - my current record is 220, but the run I'm on is up to 160. So, yeah, I've opened 219 standard tokens in a row without a single gold.
  • Updated my earlier post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32692#p407971

I'm fairly sure most people/ anyone here claiming to have pulled 4*'s from standard tokens is either confusing standards with heroics (both generic, non-event tokens) or confusing 3* gold pulls with 4* gold pulls.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    DayvBang wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    unless heroics are going to move towards a much higher *** pull rate, I think they skipped a needed *** token.
    A 3* token existed in the past, but only as a reward for certain special events, such as the elite tournaments with a small HP entry fee. I'm really not sure why it never made it into wider availability, especially with the diluted 3* pool.

I definitely think D3 should consider bringing the pay-to-enter elite pvp tournaments during the weekend.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    We didn't change any odds, just presentation. It doesn't state *, **, ***, **** for the inevitable occasion that a pull does *not* contain a 4*. Leading players on that the Standard tokens *may* doesn't really help anyone.

Not sure why the clarification was needed when "1* or better" fit the bill just fine.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    IceIX wrote:
    We didn't change any odds, just presentation. It doesn't state *, **, ***, **** for the inevitable occasion that a pull does *not* contain a 4*. Leading players on that the Standard tokens *may* doesn't really help anyone.

Not sure why the clarification was needed when "1* or better" fit the bill just fine.

Well, to be fair, there are now 5*s that can't be gotten from the standards.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I definitely got a Nick Fury from a standard token. Only that once though.

I am guessing the odds are so low that it is difficult to measure. I mean the odds of getting one on a Heroic are low enough. On a standard they had to be at most .03% which means 3 in 10,000. Of course why they would need to remove that kind of low odds from the game I can't begin to guess. Not like they were giving them out hand over fist.
  • Updated my earlier post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32692#p407971

I'm fairly sure most people/ anyone here claiming to have pulled 4*'s from standard tokens is either confusing standards with heroics (both generic, non-event tokens) or confusing 3* gold pulls with 4* gold pulls.
    My first two 4*s were absolutely from standard, 1*-yielding tokens. I opened a hundred or so of them (with many 1*s) and one was a Fury. Second was another Fury, also from opening a large series of 1* tokens. Hard to confuse it when you're getting a bunch of venom's followed by Nick.

But I'll agree with others that I haven't seen a 4* off a standard in a VERY long time now. Guess lightning strikes twice, and that's it.
  • Based on the community tracking sheet, odds are / were .01 / .02 % (not to be confused with 1% or 2%) to pull a 4* from a standard token, so the odds are so negligible as to be nonexistent.

But yeah, that's pretty awesome if you got lucky and pulled one from one of them. I very occasionally got 3* pulls from standards, but almost positive I never got 4*s.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Would it ever be possible to get the "Info ?" description that all other tokens get? Be nice to see the actual odds on 1 v 2 v 3 v 4 pulls.

As the other tokens give odds rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent, it might be confusing to have either a 0.0% chance for all 4*s (which makes it look like they're totally impossible to get and would fill up the top of the chart with useless information), or a 0.1% chance (which probably vastly overstates the chances of getting one).

If they just broke down the odds by star level, the sheer number of 3*s might make it look to new players like it's a decent way to spend ISO to build your roster, when it's really not. I'd love to see a post detailing the odds, but I understand why the information isn't in the game.

I dont see why an explicit 1-3% chance of getting a (any) 3* cover would make new players think Standard tokens are a great way to build a 3* roster.

There is really no reason not to give us the combined chance for getting the different level of covers.
    Just give us this kind of info: 1* = 80%, 2* = 18%, 3* = 1,8%, 4* = 0,2%
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They ABSOLUTELY give new rosters 4*s on purpose. That's the F2P business model, which has been brought up and explained several times.

My first week, I got my one and only Nick Fury. I'm at 300 days, and you guessed it. He's still got just that ONE cover. lol

But, I've also gotten all of my OTHER useless 4*s from Standards, too. All with just one cover. Elektra, Bag Lady, and Star Lord.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    They definitely can get 4* from standard token two days ago I pulled kingpin yellow out of one and 5 weeks ago I got deadpool 4* red from one. Have opened a lot of them and have been punished for my good luck with only 1 and 2 * apart from that Though .
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    What I am curious about is whether the chance of getting a 4* in a standard token has been lowered, or if it the same rate that it has always been.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened over 1150 standard a couple weeks ago when characters were added. not 1 4* in the lot.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    brisashi wrote:
    What I am curious about is whether the chance of getting a 4* in a standard token has been lowered, or if it the same rate that it has always been.
    From what IceIX said about this somewhere (I've forgotten which thread), the 4* odds in standard weren't changed at all. They just decided to stop highlighting their availability because the odds of getting one there are very, very low.

A personal theory of mine is that the reason they don't break out per-character odds for the standard tokens the same way they do for heroics and other non-vault tokens is that the odds for any specific 3* or 4* are so low that they'd round down to 0.0%. It might be better if they just published a percentage chart for the tiers in a standard, something like:

70% star.png
    27% star.pngstar.png
    2.9% star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    0.1% star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Note: These numbers are entirely made up! I just think details like this would be a good compromise for making 1* odds more transparent.
  • It was just two or three weeks ago that I pulled a Professor X from a Standard Token when I was cashing some in after a lightning round. It was a shocking moment for me because I usually just hope for the bonus ISO from getting a star.pngstar.png