4* removed from standard tokens?

nwman
nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Confirmation?

Loads have hoards. Time to cash if you haven't updated.

New update shows *, **, *** instead of * or better.

If you have a hoard and haven't updated you may be safe. Might want to cash them.

Comments

• rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Oh sneaky sneaky, not mentioned in the patch notes...

Oh well, ISO converter then they shall be...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    rdevil32 wrote:
    Oh sneaky sneaky, not mentioned in the patch notes...

Oh well, ISO converter then they shall be...

Of course it wasn't mentioned by D3, it isn't in the players interest. Nerfs never get a mention either.
  • They probably removed them awhile ago and now are just updating the description too.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    They probably removed them awhile ago and now are just updating the description too.

Possible, at least I didnt get any 4* from the last 193 tokens opened.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    i'm on day 401 and have never drawn a 4* in standard tokens
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:

you beat me to it... probably 1000+ standards opened, never once had a 4* from it. Were they ever really in there?
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    I'm fairly sure I never drew 4*s from standard tokens, only heroics / event tokens the few times I've drawn them. I looked back at my token tracker, and NEVER drew a 4* during the period that I kept track, which was back when i was in Chaos League, and pretty hardcore. I did draw 4*'s (not many) from heroics and event tokens. I think the confusion comes from the fact that heroics look similar to standard tokens.

Looking at the community tracking thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =558559716

Of the 300-odd people who've recorded their results only 15 4*'s have been drawn, or .01 / .02 %, which is so low to be effectively 0%. It could also be input error (doesn't mean no one drew them though).

I did sometimes draw 3* covers from standard tokens, but that in itself was pretty rare - as rare as drawing 4*'s from heroic tokens.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    this is some

Circumventing the profanity filter is against the rules.
  • I thought I remember reading somewhere a while back that you couldn't get 4* characters in standard packs - only heroics and events?

I thought I remembered pulling a Nick Fury from a standard token when I just started, but I was very new to the game - it was probably a Heroic and I just didn't yet understand the difference.

Needless to say, since then I'm sure I have opened over 1,000 standard tokens without a single 4* reward.......I don't think there was any real nerf here, just an update to the description to be more accurate.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've definitely drawn a couple of 4* from standard tokens in the past, but it was a long time ago. Possibly late 2014.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I am 99.9% positive I pulled a 4* cover out of a standard token a few months ago.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    They removed 4* from standards when 4* started getting good. It makes sense. I've said for a long time that tokens should be tiered.

Standard = star.png & star.pngstar.png
    Heroic = star.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Legendary = star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png until more 5* come
    Cosmic = star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after more 5*

Up drop rates in each.
  • spectator wrote:

I just about fully covered my x force off standard tokens, but nothing outside and occasional 2 star for months now
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    They removed 4* from standards when 4* started getting good. It makes sense. I've said for a long time that tokens should be tiered.

Legendary = star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png until more 5* come
    Cosmic = star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after more 5*

Up drop rates in each.

This does seem to be what they're doing though, but with more spread.

Standard = star.png & star.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Heroic = star.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Legendary = star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • Around the beginning of the season I was at 1050 standards. So I opened about 800 of them. Averaged a little better than a 3 star per 100 opened (all useless since I have all of them covered already). No four stars though. Back up to close to 400 standards but there's really no reason to open them now aside from the iso.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Who's leg do I have to hump to get a "open all" standard token button?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    spectator wrote:

you beat me to it... probably 1000+ standards opened, never once had a 4* from it. Were they ever really in there?

Day 668, and never pulled one from a standard either.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    Confirmation?

Loads have hoards. Time to cash if you haven't updated.
    Token odds are controlled server-side, so if this *is* a change in tokens and not just the descriptive text, cashing out before or after a client update won't change anything.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    >.> I pulled an IW I needed from a Standard Token. I just finished her build just recently. Within the last 2 months or so.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards

Up drop rates in each.

If we go use a basic pattern Standard = 1* + 2*
    Heroic = 2* + 3*
    Legendary = 3* + 4*
    Super Duper Legendary Heroic Standard = 4* + 5*

All joking aside I do feel the need for an extra token at the 800 point versus progression instead of a normal Heroic. Players reaching 800 have no real need for 2* characters, with the number of 3* and 4* combined there should really be a token for that tier of player.