4* removed from standard tokens?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    All joking aside I do feel the need for an extra token at the 800 point versus progression instead of a normal Heroic. Players reaching 800 have no real need for 2* characters, with the number of 3* and 4* combined there should really be a token for that tier of player.
    unless heroics are going to move towards a much higher *** pull rate, I think they skipped a needed *** token. I would not want the 800 progression going off of a set cover, just like I'd actually prefer the 1300 to be a set cover and not a random token, given the hp it will take me to get there. I'd really prefer that I know that it is worth it, rather than the token pull a starlord or an Elektra.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    unless heroics are going to move towards a much higher *** pull rate, I think they skipped a needed *** token.
    A 3* token existed in the past, but only as a reward for certain special events, such as the elite tournaments with a small HP entry fee. I'm really not sure why it never made it into wider availability, especially with the diluted 3* pool.
  • A friend of mine hit a 4* on his first day of play from a standard token

He then started again because he wasn't happy with his decision (wasting HP) and pulled it again within 5 tokens.

Any chance there might be an increased chance of hitting a 4* within your first so many pulls?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They removed 4* from standards when 4* started getting good. It makes sense. I've said for a long time that tokens should be tiered.

Standard = star.png & star.pngstar.png
    Heroic = star.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Legendary = star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png until more 5* come
    Cosmic = star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after more 5*

Up drop rates in each.

Or how about you just move 2*'s to the Standard pack altogether with increased odds. 2*'s are basically common now anyway. 3*'s are much easier to get. 4 and 5* is where it's at.

Standard = star.png & star.pngstar.png
    Heroic = star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Legendary = star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    erbalist wrote:
    A friend of mine hit a 4* on his first day of play from a standard token

He then started again because he wasn't happy with his decision (wasting HP) and pulled it again within 5 tokens.

Any chance there might be an increased chance of hitting a 4* within your first so many pulls?
    it has been a long time and my memory isn't the best but I think I pulled a 4thor very early (first few days) from a std. she was great when I didn't even have the 1*s covered yet (and it was before I started pve, so no idea how she affected scaling). she sat 1/-/- forever and 285 days later, she's at 3/1/-, so awesome... blegh.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Alliance mate pulled carnage from standard just a few days ago. I really do believe that lower level rosters get better standard pulls.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled elektra about 2 weeks ago from a standard I'm pretty sure. Chance it was heroic, but 95% sure it was standard.

Any official word???
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've absolutely had 4* pulls from standard tokens.

Can't remember the last one, but eh. Likely not that long ago...within the last couple of months? Might have been an Elektra.

Pre 5* idea about tokens - http://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21129

How would I do it now.... Um.....

Maybe:

Common (bronze) - 1*, 2* (increased slightly) with a sometimes 3*. A much better current Standard.
    Uncommon (silver) - Focused around the 3* but with some amounts of 2* (maybe?) and 4*. A slightly better current Heroic.
    Rare (gold) - Focused around the 4*s with the addition of 5* and (maybe) 3*. Similar in style to the current Heroic but just everything up a *.

Just off the top of my head but still cleaner.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We didn't change any odds, just presentation. It doesn't state *, **, ***, **** for the inevitable occasion that a pull does *not* contain a 4*. Leading players on that the Standard tokens *may* doesn't really help anyone.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Ice

It's enjoyable to get the rare 4* from standard. I think we are all glad it's still a possibility.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    IceIX wrote:
    We didn't change any odds, just presentation. It doesn't state *, **, ***, **** for the inevitable occasion that a pull does *not* contain a 4*. Leading players on that the Standard tokens *may* doesn't really help anyone.

Um, what? It's not good to let players think they might be able to get something that they can, in fact, get?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    IceIX wrote:

So, just to confirm, it's still possible, just highly unlikely?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    i'm on day 401 and have never drawn a 4* in standard tokens

you beat me to it... probably 1000+ standards opened, never once had a 4* from it. Were they ever really in there?

Day 668, and never pulled one from a standard either.

I have once, just once though icon_e_wink.gif
  • I pulled an Elektra from a standard two or three weeks ago... And my description - German translation, which is sloppy at best - still says 1 star.png or better icon_e_wink.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

So, just to confirm, it's still possible, just highly unlikely?
    Correct. The odds of it happening are so low though, that the devs didn't want to get your hopes up by putting it on the description.
  • Would it ever be possible to get the "Info ?" description that all other tokens get? Be nice to see the actual odds on 1 v 2 v 3 v 4 pulls.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    i'm on day 401 and have never drawn a 4* in standard tokens

you beat me to it... probably 1000+ standards opened, never once had a 4* from it. Were they ever really in there?

Yes there were because I got a blue Nick Fury token just two or three weeks ago from it and early on in my MPQ days got an X-Force Wolverine from one.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Would it ever be possible to get the "Info ?" description that all other tokens get? Be nice to see the actual odds on 1 v 2 v 3 v 4 pulls.

As the other tokens give odds rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent, it might be confusing to have either a 0.0% chance for all 4*s (which makes it look like they're totally impossible to get and would fill up the top of the chart with useless information), or a 0.1% chance (which probably vastly overstates the chances of getting one).

If they just broke down the odds by star level, the sheer number of 3*s might make it look to new players like it's a decent way to spend ISO to build your roster, when it's really not. I'd love to see a post detailing the odds, but I understand why the information isn't in the game.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does standards have chance for 5*? icon_e_smile.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Does standards have chance for 5*? icon_e_smile.gif
    No. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png are only available in Legendary tokens.