Pvp points

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    I wish the devs would realize that this is yet another byproduct of the stupid meta-game. If people were forced to spend significant time unshielded, you would be able to find more in the queue.

Wrong, the entire issue is caused by PvP time slices. The entire player base is fragmented into five different buckets. There are only so many players to go around. The busier the bucket the less pronounced this issue appears. We had the *same* exact system (though can't remember if cooldowns are pre or post time slices) and none of these low point target complaints since the entire player base all together.

This PvP system is very simple but unfortunately too complicated for the OP. Once you hit a certain point level you will be the highest point target out. Targets can't be manufactured, targets need to be other unshielded players. There is nothing wrong with that, that's the system.

Same vein as the guy who can't get above 1k after two years of play. Even the most simple things can still be to complicated for some.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Time slices are the answer to one problem, and they're causing another. Reverting back to no time slices just re-introduces the first problem, and the first problem is being solved the only conceivable way (you can have everyone end at once, or end at different times - really no third option).

I'll still vote for queuing shielded people, and reward points for attacking a shielded person as a function based on score. You hit a shielded person while at X00 points, you get 80% of the points you would get if they're unshielded as it is still encouraged attacking unshielded people (points would display after penalty is taken into account - no attacking a 50 point target and getting 40 points for it). You hit a shielded person while you're at Y00, you get 25% points or some such, balanced so that the scores meet an expectation that D3 is holding. When you're the top dog, you're still going to be seeing the really low scores.

If scores inflate, then progression reward requirements may have to be bumped up to compensate. I assume the decreased scores from retaliations (because of decreased scores from shielded people) would offset scores inflating too much.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Nellobee wrote:
    I wish the devs would realize that this is yet another byproduct of the stupid meta-game. If people were forced to spend significant time unshielded, you would be able to find more in the queue.

Wrong, the entire issue is caused by PvP time slices. The entire player base is fragmented into five different buckets. There are only so many players to go around. The busier the bucket the less pronounced this issue appears. We had the *same* exact system (though can't remember if cooldowns are pre or post time slices) and none of these low point target complaints since the entire player base all together.

This PvP system is very simple but unfortunately too complicated for the OP. Once you hit a certain point level you will be the highest point target out. Targets can't be manufactured, targets need to be other unshielded players. There is nothing wrong with that, that's the system.

Same vein as the guy who can't get above 1k after two years of play. Even the most simple things can still be to complicated for some.

Hey tinykitty I have advanced degrees and manage to hit progressions every time. Just because you're tinykitty doesn't mean the system isn't broken tinykitty.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Deadp wrote:

Hey tinykitty I have advanced degrees and manage to hit progressions every time. Just because you're tinykitty doesn't mean the system isn't broken tinykitty.

lol Bro, you shouldn't use that kind of tone/language, it will only get you banned and makes your feedback unconstructive.

I agree with you completely, and I'm glad more and more people are showing their concerns.....

You should ignore those kind of people that really don't understand the issue, no reason to let them ruin your day or feedback.

Your goal is to get this addressed, and I'm sure in time, more people will complain and they will make this a priority to resolve! icon_e_smile.gif
  • acescracked
    edited September 2015
    Deadp wrote:
    No. Try reading the words written instead of imposing your attempt at snide condescension on plain language.
    Deadp wrote:

Calm down there forum badass. Are your advanced degrees in forum and Internet rage? Lol, 4 point targets for op = rage thread. Someone not agreeing with you = rage response.

And a far worse system would be manufactured targets.
  • sagapo wrote:

lol Bro, you shouldn't use that kind of tone/language, it will only get you banned and makes your feedback unconstructive.

I agree with you completely, and I'm glad more and more people are showing their concerns.....

You should ignore those kind of people that really don't understand the issue, no reason to let them ruin your day or feedback.

Your goal is to get this addressed, and I'm sure in time, more people will complain and they will make this a priority to resolve! icon_e_smile.gif

You're right on every part of that post.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Deadp wrote:
    No. Try reading the words written instead of imposing your attempt at snide condescension on plain language.
    Deadp wrote:

Calm down there forum badass. Are your advanced degrees in forum and Internet rage? Lol, 4 point targets for op = rage thread. Someone not agreeing with you = rage response.

Business administration, so yeah I take offense to you insulting my intelligence. But keep pretending to be innocent.
  • acescracked
    Deadp wrote:
    Deadp wrote:
    Deadp wrote:

Business administration, so yeah I take offense to you insulting my intelligence. But keep pretending to be innocent.

You are doing a fine job insulting your own intelligence. No need to get help from me on that.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015

You are doing a fine job insulting your own intelligence. No need to get help from me on that.

Funny you pm me and still continue to try and start tinykitty you tinykitty.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    That's it...Apbutta's coming. Hide yo momma!

• Any information gleaned from LINE is just as useful as information gleaned from your bracket.

That's laughable. The reaction to commentary in the locked thread says otherwise. It wouldn't exist if all it was was info on who was top 10 and that's it, because that's what I see looking at the bracket I'm stuck in
  • Force retirement on the crotchety players who have all but one last cover or think the game owes them.
  • acescracked
    Splarne wrote:

Any information gleaned from LINE is just as useful as information gleaned from your bracket.

That's laughable. The reaction to commentary in the locked thread says otherwise. It wouldn't exist if all it was was info on who was top 10 and that's it, because that's what I see looking at the bracket I'm stuck in

To get the 2000 point scores there is communication for sure. That can't be hit by random skipping. However, what is not pointed out alot of that communication and coordination is done with players in the same alliance and they could use in game chat and not line just as well. Line is used just cause it's less cumbersome.

What aesthetocyst is pointing out is that for him, I and many others is we do not use line whatsoever to aquiire targets up to 1500. There's just no need.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The user "Deadp" has been permanently banned from the forums for continued rules violations and abusive behaviour. Please stop responding to him, but feel free to continue civil discussion about relevant topics.
  • The user "Deadp" has been permanently banned from the forums for continued rules violations and abusive behaviour. Please stop responding to him, but feel free to continue civil discussion about relevant topics.

Funny you didn't ban the guy who started the flaming.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    The user "Deadp" has been permanently banned from the forums for continued rules violations and abusive behaviour. Please stop responding to him, but feel free to continue civil discussion about relevant topics.

Funny you didn't ban the guy who started the flaming.
    I did. And oh look! I just did it again. Creating a new account to circumvent a ban, temporary or permanent, is against forum rules. Please, if you read this, don't come back.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:

The funny thing is that shields were actually part of the first solution to not being able to play at event end times. Time slices was the second. And compounding the two created the monstrosity we have today.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    So what you're saying is that you want a free handout or to be able to attack shielded players?

Actually, being able to queue shielded players would be great. Easier progression, extra points available in the slice, more competitive top end. Benefits all around.

Simply modify the shielding rules so that shielding prevents defensive gains as well as losses, to prevent the "backout" workaround (and while they're at it, restore some of the higher defensive win bonus). Having shields prevent *all* point changes would actually make more sense than having them let defensive wins through.