Pvp points

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This game still needs serious work. There's no reason a player should be stuck at 1100+ points and getting 4 point matches...

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are your suggested changes?

At what point threshold should the player be presented with only 4 point matches if not 1100? 4 point matches acceptable at 1300, 1800, 2500, 4500, 8000?

Looking forward to your PvP design changes.
  • What are your suggested changes?

At what point threshold should the player be presented with only 4 point matches if not 1100? 4 point matches acceptable at 1300, 1800, 2500, 4500, 8000?

Players should never be presented with 4 point matches. There should be a minimum point match at every level.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    At what point threshold should the player be presented with only 4 point matches if not 1100?
    Preferably never. You'll never take that battle, so why make the skip tax mandatory? But if you insist on setting a level, I'd say at any point after all the progressions are cleared. I'm tired of progression success being contingent on bracket-shopping.
  • I could see a 20 minimum as acceptable. It's almost 1/4 of the maximum but it means you are trying to Q at the wrong time, so if by necessity 20 is better than 4.

Also make free to skip those 20p matches.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Also make free to skip those 20p matches.
    I doubt they would do that but free skipping single digit matches would make a lot of sense, just as a minimum.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadp wrote:

Players should never be presented with 4 point matches. There should be a minimum point match at every level.
    So what you're saying is that you want a free handout or to be able to attack shielded players?
  • simonsez
    So what you're saying is that you want a free handout or to be able to attack shielded players?
    I'd rather get a message saying "Sorry, no targets currently available", than have to pay 20 iso to keep clearing single-digit targets.
  • simonsez
    I don't think that will satisfy the complaints.
    People will always find reasons to complain. But making us skip past battles that 99.9% of the time (your altruistic hits factored in there) we'd never take, is making us waste ISO that could be put to much better use. I don't think this is controversial.
  • TxMoose
    Hey, c'mon now, it's only 10. No need to double up icon_lol.gif
    if we ever get a 'double iso' event, i sure hope skips and boosts don't double as well, I'd probably go iso negative still.
  • simonsez
    Hey, c'mon now, it's only 10. No need to double up icon_lol.gif
    I was factoring in the cost of living adjustment icon_lol.gif
  • Deadp wrote:

No. Try reading the words written instead of imposing your attempt at snide condescension on plain language.

The point system is broken. Players shouldn't get 4 point matches.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I wish the devs would realize that this is yet another byproduct of the stupid meta-game. If people were forced to spend significant time unshielded, you would be able to find more in the queue.
  • TxMoose
    Nellobee wrote:
    I wish the devs would realize that this is yet another byproduct of the stupid meta-game. If people were forced to spend significant time unshielded, you would be able to find more in the queue.
    and a lot less points in the system...
  • Disallow skips.

Charge HP for skips instead.

Up the charge for shields.

Dunno
  • Deadp wrote:

No. Try reading the words written instead of imposing your attempt at snide condescension on plain language.

This is a problem I've been trying to point out for a while, but there is no fix that would be best for all at the moment.

In the meantime, if you want to bypass this roadblock, you could follow the other players who communicate outside of the game, they will let you know when they remove shields, so you can queue them.

Personally, I would never join them, they really need to fix this soon.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    Disallow skips.

Dunno
    Worst ideas I've ever read
  • simonsez
    Splarne wrote:
    Disallow skips.

Dunno
    Not too sure about the first 3, but I totally agree with your last comment...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Nellobee wrote:

You'd find more players alright ... but you wouldn't find more points! Seriously if you kill shieldhopping, you're simply magnifying the OP's complaint. Everyone would either shield to the end in frustration, or grind in circles around their equilibrium point to the end, like the bad old days before shields.

The current meta-game is a design trap the developers have fallen into. Fix the stupid shield-hopping, and there are other ways to solve the remaining issues. Everyone just plays at the end? Make matches at the end of the event worth less, and early matches worth more. Overall scores are lower? Lower the progression requirements.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadp wrote:

But then what do you do when nobody unshielded is worth more than 4 points?
  • Deadp wrote:

But then what do you do when nobody unshielded is worth more than 4 points?

That shouldn't happen. There should be a minimum amount of points per match that encourages gameplay.