Wow. 1000 pts did not make top 100!

Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Maybe this is common when you join slice 4 early like I did on the falcap event (2 days to go). I feel bad for the person shielded at 1004 points who finished at 102.
I personally finished at 109 with 960ish points, don't mind a bit since it was my first time hitting 1000, but I was surprised by how high the points were.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    1300 isn't top 25 in that shard
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might have been a beginner bracket, but not a single person in mine hit 1000.

On top of that 500 put me in top 50. I don't think you really wanted a red grey suit black widow anyhow. I don't.
  • 1322 got me 29th place in that shard. True story.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, I made 30th with 1363.
    I kinda, sorta feel bad for people who still need 3* covers.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Me too. I'm glad all I need anymore is 4* covers... Well okay, I admit I'd still love some Scarlet Witch purpleflag.png (why do you avoid me, Wanda?!). But otherwise I don't give a damn about placement in PvP anymore as long as I break that 1k.

I'd actually be afraid if they ever implement 4*s as ranking prizes in PvP. It'll be mayhem to get even top100 if you happen to enter the "wrong" bracket...
  • Bowgentle wrote:

When I really think about it... Yeah... It is kinda **** for them.. Can only hope and pray that they aren't in the "monster" bracket like ourselves. And that devs everywhere are reading this thread and taking note of this situation...
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    By comparison I won slice 5 with 1325.

That being said I think I needed more shields than I would have in slice 4 to hit 1300. At least the extra 4* cover helps offset the higher cost.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Ariakos wrote:
    I'd actually be afraid if they ever implement 4*s as ranking prizes in PvP....
    Aside from 1st place?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    My bracket was led by an xman w/ 2k+ points. My 1.3 was good enough for top 50. Thankfully, I didn't need any reward covers so it wasn't an issue.

Interestingly, I don't recall seeing even a single max Sammy wilson in that event. No 350 to greet me. I did see someone with a max covered sammy at 285 boosted. Still defeated that team.

I wouldn't worry too much about missing gsbw covers. She shows up in tokens from time to time, as well as event progression.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was in slice 4, accidentally forgot to join, apparently my late join got me the snoozer bracket... 524 pts was good enough for T50.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I came in 25th w 1336. Lots of people got to 1300 this event.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Shard 4 was pretty heavy. I had 1300 and came in 37. Usually 1300 is good for top 25.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Ariakos wrote:
    I'd actually be afraid if they ever implement 4*s as ranking prizes in PvP. It'll be mayhem to get even top100 if you happen to enter the "wrong" bracket...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and the idea scares me greatly. While I'd love to see 4*s offered as ranking prizes in PvP, people are scoring 2,000+ points now, and they don't need anything from the ranking rewards from the event. I can see a base score of 1,700+ being necessary to hit any kind of ranking reward (even top 100!) once precious 4* covers are offered as rewards...if newer and/or transitioning players aren't already feeling defeated now...well... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and the idea scares me greatly.

At least you have embraced your addiction, thinking about the game alot.. dreaming about it.. but if it scares you..i think you leveled beyond addiction and into clarity..
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Speaking as a transitioner, it is pretty frustrating. I could actually use Grey Suit covers (my GSBW is only lvl 114) but I knew there wasn't a chance of me placing Top 100 (I don't believe I've done that since moving up to the "vet" brackets). My success in PvP is completely dependent on whether I have maxed two of the weekly boosted characters. Last week's Teenage Riot was great, using a maxed Black Panther and CMags with KK I had a team with two super-strong AoE attacks that could take on teams that I normally would never even touch. In Falcap, my 153 Daken and 140 Wolverine (boosted to 220 & 200) let me climb a little, and my 166 R&G (boosted to 240) seemed to be a defense deterrent at the start, but once I climbed and hit maxed Fistbuster teams and maxed (and boosted) XFW I was stuck. I lost hundreds of points very quickly while unshielded, and everyone with reasonably sized points above me were teams I wouldn't be able to take on (and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to finish the battle quickly).

I do enjoy PvP more than I used to when I first started playing (over a year ago now), and I'll continue to gather covers and max my 3 stars, but I can already see that unless I get some top tier, well-covered 4 stars, doing consistently well in PvP is something that is out of my reach.
  • I'm a transitioner (my highest 3* is 5/3/1) and really wanted that GSBW cover. Normally the 500-600 points I put up are enough to get a top 100 (sometimes even top 25) in my brackets. I actually ended up at #105 in this event, which was the highest I've ever been ranked after scoring 500+. Something was definitely going on in this event that I don't understand.

On another note, how does one graduate to the veteran brackets? Is it just luck of the draw? I want to steer clear of those as long as possible from the way you guys are talking.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:

Don't feel too bad. They'll learn which slices to go to for points, and which to go for placement. I doubt many (if any) vets went into that slice for placement not knowing it was going to take a heck of a lot of points to place.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

Don't feel too bad. They'll learn which slices to go to for points, and which to go for placement. I doubt many (if any) vets went into that slice for placement not knowing it was going to take a heck of a lot of points to place.

I am in a vet bracket... but I always choose slice 4 because the end time is the best for me. (except when they flip it, then I choose slice 2)

I think this time my error was joining nearing the beginning instead of the last day of the event. Lots of points in slice 4, but also lots of sniping going on... though likely not intentional. (but just as frustrating)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope this means we won't see anymore "Its too hard to hit 1K" posts. A full 20% of a bracket made 1k! Now that the game has broken that milestone, its clear mpq has evolved and its their fault for not adapting. We've moved past early mover and whale stages, now the upper middle class is adopting advance play strategies.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    I hope this means we won't see anymore "Its too hard to hit 1K" posts. A full 20% of a bracket made 1k! Now that the game has broken that milestone, its clear mpq has evolved and its their fault for not adapting. We've moved past early mover and whale stages, now the upper middle class is adopting advance play strategies.

20% of a bracket with loaded teams. If you think 1000 can be earned regularly without a ton of shields when you have maybe 4 maxed 3 stars and want to even consider slowly collecting 4 stars guess again.

I got my 1300 and I got first, but I have several big hitters on my team. Just because I can hit 1000 every PVP doesn't make me the norm. The wall is slowly being built similar to when 2 stars complained that there was a wall of 166 at a certain score. That is def the case with 4 stars now, and the number in which the wall appears is getting lower and lower. Just because many on here have enough firepower to still hit 1K doesn't mean we should think anyone can do it.