Hollowpoint Kiss - August 30 - September 02 - Season XVIII

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2015
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    You're not going to hop with PX against all the JG teams out there.
    all you have to is avoid the JG teams. line up other teams for you hop, there is a skip button. still works against fistbusters and the like I'm guessing.
    nope, as soon as you start shield hopping, the PVP algorithm detects it and automatically gives your opponents a loaner 350 jean grey

~~~~

How much dmg is a fully kitted GSBW sniper rifle doing BTW?

I hope no one hits my ghetto-fabulous low level prof x/scarlet witch/gsbw team. Hopefully can climb fast enough...
  • raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    all you have to is avoid the JG teams. line up other teams for you hop, there is a skip button. still works against fistbusters and the like I'm guessing.
    nope, as soon as you start shield hopping, the PVP algorithm detects it and automatically gives your opponents a loaner 350 jean grey

...and a very friendly board.
  • HOLY **** GSBW AND PROF X AND SCARLET WITCH IS SO POWERFUL MAGSTORM HAS BEEN REBORN

RIP MAGSTORM LONG LIVE MAGSTORM
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    HOLY **** GSBW AND PROF X AND SCARLET WITCH IS SO POWERFUL MAGSTORM HAS BEEN REBORN

Oh yes, once Arcane Incantation goes off and you have enough purple for Deceptive Tactics, it's pretty much game over. To quote myself earlier in this thread, "oh my gosh golly".
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    HOLY **** GSBW AND PROF X AND SCARLET WITCH IS SO POWERFUL MAGSTORM HAS BEEN REBORN

We've been saying this for months. That's why you need a Jean Grey on D. SW purple goes off, PX deals 4,000 damage and creates another 4 purpletile.png AP, then GSBW probably has the AP to fire off two more crit tiles and make explode some heads.

So you put in JG to blow up the whole combo making that whole team a one hit wonder. PX will still fire once, but then the whole team gets a stun to end the turn and it drains back some of the purple.

That's why I'm playing JG/GSBW/PX. Skip the JG teams and actively seek out the SW and PX teams. The combo is slower, but I can build up green and purple to explode heads and pop off JG greens.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

We've been saying this for months. That's why you need a Jean Grey on D. SW purple goes off, PX deals 4,000 damage and creates another 4 purpletile.png AP, then GSBW probably has the AP to fire off two more crit tiles and make explode some heads.

So you put in JG to blow up the whole combo making that whole team a one hit wonder. PX will still fire once, but then the whole team gets a stun to end the turn and it drains back some of the purple.

That's why I'm playing JG/GSBW/PX. Skip the JG teams and actively seek out the SW and PX teams. The combo is slower, but I can build up green and purple to explode heads and pop off JG greens.
    you can say it as long as u want, firstly i thought prof x would've been sent to nerf city by now, secondly, my GSBW didn't have 5 purple until yesterday(and my scarlet witch prof x still don't have correct covers so hard to pull off)

pulled deadpool*3 black from 300 pt token then deadpool*3 black from 650 token...does that mean I'm getting 4*black from 900 token?

~~~

Got to 921 on stream
  • Moon Roach
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    How much dmg is a fully kitted GSBW sniper rifle doing BTW?

At level 290, it's doing 6720 damage AE, plus the tile destruction damage to the main target, plus any cascade damage on top.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was able to cross 1k multiple times before finally grabbing the Carnage red, but the combo is a really attractive target, down to 671 now. One tip, if you're 1 or 2 purple away from using Deceptive Tactics, use Hex Bolt to grab some more purple.

Really wish Carnage red would stop showing up as a reward. I have 9 now, 1 black and 4 green. Happy that I got a GSBW green from 900 pt token, so when I get the HP, the dupe will start off at 4/3/2 after Prod Sun PVE. My dupe Prof X is 2/0/0 and dupe SW is 4/4/2, so the dupe combo is coming along well.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nothing to see here either, move along.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Overnight I lost more than 200 points, I guess level 125 5/3/5 GSBW, level 166 3/5/5 Witch and level 188 5/0/3 Professor X just aren't that good on defence.

My retaliation nodes are mostly Patch / Daken, so that seems to be the team of choice. And X Witch eats them for breakfast. Which it's time for.
    yeah prof x goes down easily....for hops or climbing only
    was speaking in general, jean grey didn't exist yet iirc
    ...Jean didn't exist yesterday? Was there a glitch in the Matrix or something?
  • Moon Roach
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Still nothing to see here, move along.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    ...Jean didn't exist yesterday? Was there a glitch in the Matrix or something?
    during BOP
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

Really wish Carnage red would stop showing up as a reward. I have 9 now, 1 black and 4 green.

Agreed. I already have 5 red. Need more blacks. But dang it, reds keep showing up in rewards and tokens. Damn you rng!!! icon_cry.gif
  • puppychow wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

Really wish Carnage red would stop showing up as a reward. I have 9 now, 1 black and 4 green.

Agreed. I already have 5 red. Need more blacks. But dang it, reds keep showing up in rewards and tokens. Damn you rng!!! icon_cry.gif

Black is the next 1300 reward.
  • This has been by far the most brutal slog of a climb that I've encountered outside of something like Balance of Power or Combined Arms. Because GSBW/PX/SW can allow you to kill reliably by turn 4-5 (and with an opening match five, earlier than that. Had a couple turn one, or turn two kills), anything but Jean Grey on defense is essentially dead. Doing a climb to shield I got up to 990+ 3-4 times and while doing the fight to send me over 1k to throw up my first shield, would get hit down to the 800s. Eventually got there, but ugh, horribly unfun.

Since PX has an "optimal" PVE level of 221 to allow a 166 GSBW to have the strongest color, there's a lot of 221 or under PX running around, whose health incidentally, is right about what a maxed GSBW can put away with a sniper rifle. So even if that sneaky guy goes invisible, he can't hide from the gun. This leads to winfinite on winfinite matches all over the place, but no one makes much progress.

On the fun side of that mosh pit of match fives, it was like an iso farm early on since the equilibrium on a PX/SW/GSBW team seemed to be about 600, so you could climb, get smacked down, climb, and just keep earning iso, and with the fights so fast, rarely use a health pack. But much higher than that was tricky. So early on, fun. Now, not so much.

As I mentioned in chat earlier, it feels like grinding PVE, except you can lose points.
  • ThePants
    ThePants Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow, that's the Alliance rewards?! It always amazes me how well I do in personal ranking versus what my Alliance does. It's so depressing to see Your Alliance Ranked in the Top 10,000. I have been playing a little over 3 months, but I play everyday, and I feel I do well. I usually score in top 100 of these events... think I'm currently in the 30's with this event. Smh
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Super easy climb to 1300 with HB and PX. First shield was at 1230 and then one hop to finish. Lots of points available in slice 2.
  • scottee wrote:
    Super easy climb to 1300 with HB and PX. First shield was at 1230 and then one hop to finish. Lots of points available in slice 2.

I don't think anyone in slice four, after multiple hops, has broken 1200 yet. It's a points graveyard
    Did a three fight hop that lasted under 8 minutes, went from 1033 to 1060 as I got hit twice. It's just ugly in 4 this time.
  • Super easy climb for my maxed 4*s. Don't know why everyone is having a hard time.