**** Iceman (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was surprised to see that his purple can change any type of red tiles to blue. Had a match with Loki on my team and the opponent had just made a red match-4, next turn my 4 red Mischief CD tiles turned from red to blue when opponent used Iceman's purple because they were the only 4 red tiles left. There is nothing in the description that would suggest this is not working as intended but it was still a bit surprising to see since 'normally' only basic tiles are affected I think.
  • To bad it doesn't help that it changes non-basic red tiles, the tile still stays the same for the user. They still have their luke cage armor tile, it's just blue instead of red icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    To bad it doesn't help that it changes non-basic red tiles, the tile still stays the same for the user. They still have their luke cage armor tile, it's just blue instead of red icon_e_biggrin.gif

Wonder if it would save Daredevil's traps from Blade/Daken. I assume so.

Dunno why one would be running Daredevil-Iceman together, but could be a niche use.
  • Well, since the tile is now Blue, Daken wouldn't be putting a strike tile on it. Though, knowing the computer, it would just match away the blue for Dakens ability lol.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:
    I was surprised to see that his purple can change any type of red tiles to blue. Had a match with Loki on my team and the opponent had just made a red match-4, next turn my 4 red Mischief CD tiles turned from red to blue when opponent used Iceman's purple because they were the only 4 red tiles left. There is nothing in the description that would suggest this is not working as intended but it was still a bit surprising to see since 'normally' only basic tiles are affected I think.

I don't know, it seems like color changing powers aren't too bothered by the tiles being something else already. A good chunk of others aim for team ups or any color, so it's not something super common, but I've seen antman's tiles get changed colors, and I know that the goons have no problem turning his tiles and dare devils etc into count downs.

Also dooms traps can have their colors changed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    To bad it doesn't help that it changes non-basic red tiles, the tile still stays the same for the user. They still have their luke cage armor tile, it's just blue instead of red icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dunno why one would be running Daredevil-Iceman together, but could be a niche use.

Yes Ice-Man's purple changes DD's trap from Red to Blue which is actually a great way to defeat Ice-Man because he kept setting off my trap in his PVP. I used Cyclops and DD, had about 2 traps on the board, Ice-Man changed red to blue and matched both traps.. DEAD! Despite the Red-counter, DD and Cyclops seemed to be the best solution against Ice-Man, I didn't even notice the red AP drain.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barrok wrote:

Elektra might appreciate that help too...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yes Ice-Man's purple changes DD's trap from Red to Blue which is actually a great way to defeat Ice-Man because he kept setting off my trap in his PVP. I used Cyclops and DD, had about 2 traps on the board, Ice-Man changed red to blue and matched both traps.. DEAD! Despite the Red-counter, DD and Cyclops seemed to be the best solution against Ice-Man, I didn't even notice the red AP drain.

Ran the same team and it was a nice surprise.
    Hit Cyke yellow for a red match. If that failed tried Icemans Purple for a blue match and it almost seemed to target the trap tile (exaggerated).
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Any word on when he'll be added to tokens, at least Heroics?
  • So whats the general consensus on his best build(s) ?

Now that he's been out for a bit I'm curious how people are using him
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So whats the general consensus on his best build(s) ?

Now that he's been out for a bit I'm curious how people are using him

Most of the "Max immediately" crowd went 5/5/3, and that's still most of what I see at the top.
  • Thanks ill give that a try on mine
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes, 5/5/3 is the most popular. His greenflag.png just has such a high damage potential.

Otherwise, 3/5/5 may be best for the synergy, which we might see if his purpleflag.png ever gets buffed or greenflag.png nerfed.

I would say you always want his blueflag.png at 5, due to how insanely it scales.
  • Iceman's Blue is devastating! He singled handedly killed Galactus every time for me during the first run. It is currently my favorite power to use.
  • LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm struggling to find a good team for young Bobby. I'm still transitioning into 4* land so lack a useful HB or JG. My other well-covered 4 is 4Pool, but I haven't found them to make a great team. After trying a bunch of different combos I've actually settled on a SW and Lazy Thor team (use her to mass produce Purple which I turn to Blue and Thor's Yellow to produce Green which I use to nuke). Anyone else have any ideas for good teams?
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    Options
    Yes, I am wondering the same. Who is a good match with ice man?
    LeRoy wrote:
    I'm struggling to find a good team for young Bobby. I'm still transitioning into 4* land so lack a useful HB or JG. My other well-covered 4 is 4Pool, but I haven't found them to make a great team. After trying a bunch of different combos I've actually settled on a SW and Lazy Thor team (use her to mass produce Purple which I turn to Blue and Thor's Yellow to produce Green which I use to nuke). Anyone else have any ideas for good teams?
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Has anyone gone with 5 covers in his Purple? Just wondering if theres a possible gimic team like 3* Cyclops and Hulkbuster making red tiles all over the place. I was wondering if his purple was worth making 5 covers in with a specific team.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's really not worth it. If it were any random tile being swapped then maybe it might be worth it, but considering the jump in damage from 3-5 in the other 2 you're losing out on way too much damage for a gimmick that would only maybe kind of work with one team comp that you'd get to use in PvP basically never.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if you had to leave either blue or green at 4 coves, which would it be? i'll be putting some hp into him tonight. thx.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    if you had to leave either blue or green at 4 coves, which would it be? i'll be putting some hp into him tonight. thx.

I'd say leave green at 4, because his purple feeds blue and you'll end up using that more often.