Next Event for this upcoming weekend?

Options
NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
With Heroic Oscorp coming to an end, do you guys think that they're going to start a new event for the weekend, or are we going to be stuck with best there is? I remember IceIX saying that they wouldn't rerun heroic oscorp or TaT due to burnout anytime soon, but that would mean that they have some new PvE event in line. I can't seem to remember the last time we didn't have another event except the obligatory standard pvp tournament running on the weekend.

Comments

• With Heroic Oscorp coming to an end, do you guys think that they're going to start a new event for the weekend, or are we going to be stuck with best there is? I remember IceIX saying that they wouldn't rerun heroic oscorp or TaT due to burnout anytime soon, but that would mean that they have some new PvE event in line. I can't seem to remember the last time we didn't have another event except the obligatory standard pvp tournament running on the weekend.

I don't know, but I wish there was, because I do get burned out from PVP. The Hulk even has been my favorite so far, and unlocking him gave me a sense of accomplishment. I wish there was either a Thanos or Galactus event, were instead of teaming up to fight Bullseye (yawn) we face a cosmic menace. The truth is that the dark avengers plot is useful to a point, but nobody really cares about harry osborn's machinations in the grand scheme of things. Let Galactus come to planet earth and threaten us! I'm sure they don't do this because Sony might have video game rights to Galactus or some nonesense like that. If Dev's took feedback for events, either an Infinity Gauntlet or any Galactus is coming event would take my vote.
  • "klingsor wrote:
    an Infinity Gauntlet or any Galactus is coming event would take my vote.

Oh, hell yes.
  • I would love to see the game go back to classics with a Dark Phoenix Saga, but given the game is centered upon Dark Reign, I doubt this will happen.
  • While I really want a new PvE event this weekend, I'm actually hoping it doesn't introduce a new char. Still not done leveling Patch and Ares. Didn't get a DD and wouldn't care if I did. Another character would strain my already poor amounts of Iso. That being said, i'm still saving all Iso to see who may be buffed.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably an older PVE will take place.
    My guess is Red ISO, or maybe Hulk.
  • I'd like to have a chance to play Red ISO, since I was a super noob (under 10th level, I think) when it first ran.
  • I haven't played much of the last 2 events because everything being 230 and not having a good 2 star wolverine anymore. So it's been a while since I've done anything interesting. I don't care if there isn't another pve soon, but I'd like a daredevil tourney to get some covers for him.
  • Something with the Dark X-Men, maybe?

We're gonna need more X-Men though.
  • I want an event where I make ISO like the good ole days. Not barely scrap out even on ISO.
  • We do know that an Xman is in the works. My money is on Jean Grey.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Kyoku wrote:
    I want an event where I make ISO like the good ole days. Not barely scrap out even on ISO.

Thats all i really want too. Just give us something like the hunt where we can grind 10 new missions every day: my hulk is just 30k away from being maxed.
  • klingsor wrote:
    We do know that an Xman is in the works. My money is on Jean Grey.

I'd lay money on Emma Frost over Jean Grey. Mostly because she wasn't a big player in Dark Reign.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It's unlikely we'll see three new PvE events in a row. I'd expect either a re-run of one of the old Heroics or Red ISO, or nothing until next week.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    It's unlikely we'll see three new PvE events in a row. I'd expect either a re-run of one of the old Heroics or Red ISO, or nothing until next week.

I wasn't around for the old heroics: are they similar to heroic oscorp in that they never reset and the only thing worth grinding for was the progression/placement rewards? If thats the case, then I'm going to be really sad.
  • I would love to see a properly functioning Heroic. I was barely able to complete two missions in Venom when it ran. Oscorp has just been laaaaame,
  • I wasn't around for the old heroics: are they similar to heroic oscorp in that they never reset and the only thing worth grinding for was the progression/placement rewards? If thats the case, then I'm going to be really sad.

Yes. They are literally just harder versions of the prologue missions.

Some of the old heroics had HP/2 star covers as prizes though (IIRC). I should go back to the threads and double check that.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I wasn't around for the old heroics: are they similar to heroic oscorp in that they never reset and the only thing worth grinding for was the progression/placement rewards? If thats the case, then I'm going to be really sad.

Yes. They are literally just harder versions of the prologue missions.

Some of the heroics had HP/2 star covers as prizes though (IIRC).

Ah, that really sucks then. Heroic events just seem inferior to standard PvE events then, since you don't get nearly as much iso. However, it might be interesting if they made completing the heroic itself as the main focus of the event by giving a cover as the final mission reward and having greatly reduced progression rewards.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    There are some similarities, but they were pretty different.

The 'grind' aspect seen in the Oscorp Heroic has only ever been true for this one time because of the demand for a 'grind-like' PvE that was 'non-competitive'. (The first Red ISO was also grindy, but that's the only other PvE event without rubberbanding.)

It used to be that they would give you around 5 missions every 24 hours, where only a couple of them would be repeatable. The rewards followed a similar structure to all of the other PvE events. What's interesting about them is that rubberbanding was introduced in the Heroics first and was absolutely awful the first couple of times. The current members of the forum would have had an absolute field day with it.
  • Nemek wrote:

The 'grind' aspect seen in the Oscorp Heroic has only ever been true for this one time because of the demand for a 'grind-like' PvE that was 'non-competitive'. (The first Red ISO was also grindy, but that's the only other PvE event without rubberbanding.)

It used to be that they would give you around 5 missions every 24 hours, where only a couple of them would be repeatable. The rewards followed a similar structure to all of the other PvE events. What's interesting about them is that rubberbanding was introduced in the Heroics first and was absolutely awful the first couple of times. The current members of the forum would have had an absolute field day with it.

Stop making me pine for the rational days of old.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

Ironically, that might actually have been the better structure: i got burned out of heroic oscorp on the first day by just doing each mission once until i hit the 500 iso. What were the progression/placement rewards for those events? Did they have most of the prizes as the final mission rewards, or was it similar to this where all the prizes are in the progression/placement rewards?