Who do you want the 4* Spider-Man to be?

Options

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly the last thing I want D3 to do is to even consider a 4* version until 3* gets a buff, once the 4* is released they will completely sweep him under the rug because people will be so distracted by 4* spidey.

:tinfoil hat: I think IM40 will never receive buffs even though they said he is on their list for the same reason, "IM40 really sucks, oh look hulkbuster".

.....I voted for superior because I thought the idea behind him was really interesting..

Blew my mind when they showed off the new 1* Spider Man. I was all like "Wait...he's got better powers than the 3* version!"

I tried to get a topic going in character discussion about people getting more vocal about getting 3* spider-man buffed and what it would be, especially after this slap in the face release of the 1*.

then a mod combined it with the spider-man thread and now it will sit there to die because I have no faith in the suggestions section so i'm kinda annoyed.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    Why is Black Suit winning?

What abilities would he have that would even make any sense, nowadays? The heck.....
    nostalgia
    Honestly the last thing I want D3 to do is to even consider a 4* version until 3* gets a buff, once the 4* is released they will completely sweep him under the rug because people will be so distracted by 4* spidey.

:tinfoil hat: I think IM40 will never receive buffs even though they said he is on their list for the same reason, "IM40 really sucks, oh look hulkbuster".

.....I voted for superior because I thought the idea behind him was really interesting..

Blew my mind when they showed off the new 1* Spider Man. I was all like "Wait...he's got better powers than the 3* version!"

I tried to get a topic going in character discussion about people getting more vocal about getting 3* spider-man buffed and what it would be, especially after this slap in the face release of the 1*.

then a mod combined it with the spider-man thread and now it will sit there to die because I have no faith in the suggestions section so i'm kinda annoyed.

u should summon phaserhawk, (s)he has prophetic powers to get characters buffed or nerfed
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

What abilities would he have that would even make any sense, nowadays? The heck.....

Beacuse Spidey should be Peter Parker and between Universe, Iron Spider and Black suit there is no choice.... perhaps other if there is another suggestion.

Have a seperate Ben Riley / Miles if you need to but Spider-man is synonymous with Peter Parker... even if they are trying to "temporarily" replace him with Miles in the relaunch.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    We should add Spider-Man (Divorcee) or (Swinger) or (Single again). Apparently that's the true spiderman since marriage limited him XD

But seriously I would prefer black suit. It's long overdue as it's almost as iconic as his original blue and red.
  • TLCstormz wrote:

Beacuse Spidey should be Peter Parker and between Universe, Iron Spider and Black suit there is no choice.... perhaps other if there is another suggestion.

Have a seperate Ben Riley / Miles if you need to but Spider-man is synonymous with Peter Parker... even if they are trying to "temporarily" replace him with Miles in the relaunch.
    temporarily? really?

The clock's passed for that
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

People like it.
    It's an iconic look.
    It's one of, if not the, the strongest versions of Spider-Man.

This isn't too hard. I get people want non-Peter Spider character (and I'm sure most will appear given time), but I think they'd be better off scraping Bag Man and replacing him with Miles.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm shocked to see that for once I am with the majority, I also want black suit Spiderman. I thought Miles was going to dominate this poll, I wonder if his popularity has been overestimated?
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:
    I'm shocked to see that for once I am with the majority, I also want black suit Spiderman. I thought Miles was going to dominate this poll, I wonder if his popularity has been overestimated?

Majority here must be racist icon_twisted.gif
  • Deilinvega wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

miles' popularity isn't overrated, holy ****.......miles has been around since 2011, if he were to be shelved, temporary, or unpopular, it would've happened already.

Peter Parker is still gonna be spidey in civil war....I really don't want to argue this so I'll just leave this here(especially since this forum is so obsessed with credentials): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7pHlAguQ4
  • Omega Red
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

Most of variants are gimmick versions tied to a single story arc and never to be seen again. Black suit on the other hand lasted for a fair amount of time and its use was properly justified.

Also, the black suit represents for Spiderman the transition from a classic age towards something else. In that classic age he is a single student/photographer and a loner superhero who fights crooks in the streets. Then he finds the black suit, gets married and shortly after gets "killed" by Kraven and Spiderman's classic age dies with him. After that, the suit becomes Venom and we no longer see the Bugle or the ESU as the center of Spiderman's universe. What we get instead is a shift towards multi-character arcs where Spiderman and his amazing friends team up to fight the new sinister six, maximum Carnage, robot minions in high-tech labs and so on.

So the black suit wasn't only an excuse to sell a toy variant, it symbolizes the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.
  • Omega Red
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Deilinvega wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

miles' popularity isn't overrated, holy ****.......miles has been around since 2011, if he were to be shelved, temporary, or unpopular, it would've happened already.

Peter Parker is still gonna be spidey in civil war....I really don't want to argue this so I'll just leave this here(especially since this forum is so obsessed with credentials): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7pHlAguQ4

It's funny how you say "since 2011" as if that was a lot of time. I understand Miles' popularity among the current comic-book fanboys, but Peter Parker/Spiderman has over five decades of publication. That's hundreds and hundreds of comic-books. That's a though competition for Miles. You just cannot compare the following and popularity of both characters when one of them has the recognition of Mickey Mouse and the other one has barely been introduced to comic-book nerds.

There is a lobby pushing for Miles to take over as Spiderman and that is quite probably going to happen eventually and it will be a good thing -and not just for the racial subtext reasons which seem to obsess his fans so much- but until he actually takes the mantle and keeps it for at least a couple of decades he will be perceived mostly as just another "variant". Kind of like Green lantern. They gave that mantle to John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and yet, most of fanboys still think of Hal Jordan as the definitive Green Lantern.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **** Slickster Peter Parker****: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSSq5AZ6Es

Dance Fever - 8 blacktile.png AP
    Peter randomly breaks into terrible dance moves, confusing his opponents and repelling self-respecting women in the vicinity. Female characters on the opposing team are stunned for 1 turn. Male characters lose 3 AP from their strongest color.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Peter also clumsily bumps into people, causing 300 damage to the enemy team.
    Level 3: Peter's douchiness intensifies. Female characters are stunned for 2 turns.
    Level 4: Peter attempts to do Gangnam Style. Male character AP loss increased to 5.
    Level 5: Peter's clumsy flailing reaches epic proportions. Enemy team damage increased to 500.

Wardrobe Malfunction - 8 bluetile.png AP
    Peter somehow instantly changes his clothes. Nobody questions this. Changes 5 random basic colored tiles on the board to basic Black tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Change 6 tiles.
    Level 3: Change 7 tiles.
    Level 4: Change 8 tiles.
    Level 5: Peter applies a truly unnecessary amount of hair gel, which hardens into a makeshift helmet. Changes 8 tiles to basic Black tiles, and one additional tile to a strength 43 Black Protect tile.

Pelvic Thrust - 11 greentile.png AP
    Peter thrusts his groin at the board, in an assault on all that is good and decent. Destroys a random 3x3 block of tiles, causing 23 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 31 damage per tile.
    Level 3: Peter's ab work pays off, and this move exhausts him less. AP cost reduced by 1.
    Level 4: Deals 43 damage per tile.
    Level 5: Peter drops all pretense of this movie being even sort of decent, and begins thrusting double-time. Damage per tile reduced back to 30, but destroys two random 3x3 blocks of tiles.
  • Jarvind wrote:
    **** Slickster Peter Parker****: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSSq5AZ6Es

Dance Fever - 8 blacktile.png AP
    Peter randomly breaks into terrible dance moves, confusing his opponents and repelling self-respecting women in the vicinity. Female characters on the opposing team are stunned for 1 turn. Male characters lose 3 AP from their strongest color.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Peter also clumsily bumps into people, causing 300 damage to the enemy team.
    Level 3: Peter's douchiness intensifies. Female characters are stunned for 2 turns.
    Level 4: Peter attempts to do Gangnam Style. Male character AP loss increased to 5.
    Level 5: Peter's clumsy flailing reaches epic proportions. Enemy team damage increased to 500.

Wardrobe Malfunction - 8 bluetile.png AP
    Peter somehow instantly changes his clothes. Nobody questions this. Changes 5 random basic colored tiles on the board to basic Black tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Change 6 tiles.
    Level 3: Change 7 tiles.
    Level 4: Change 8 tiles.
    Level 5: Peter applies a truly unnecessary amount of hair gel, which hardens into a makeshift helmet. Changes 8 tiles to basic Black tiles, and one additional tile to a strength 43 Black Protect tile.

Pelvic Thrust - 11 greentile.png AP
    Peter thrusts his groin at the board, in an assault on all that is good and decent. Destroys a random 3x3 block of tiles, causing 23 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 31 damage per tile.
    Level 3: Peter's ab work pays off, and this move exhausts him less. AP cost reduced by 1.
    Level 4: Deals 43 damage per tile.
    Level 5: Peter drops all pretense of this movie being even sort of decent, and begins thrusting double-time. Damage per tile reduced back to 30, but destroys two random 3x3 blocks of tiles.
    its sad i'd be happy with this over 3* spidey....

God, that must be how Fox thinks - I'm turning into them!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    It came down to Gwen vs Superior for me. We need more villains, but I think we need more females more. So I went with Gwen. She'd also be usable with Peter at other levels, while Otto is using Parker's body, so the other levels would be locked out.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're voting for anything but Spider-Ham, you're doing it wrong.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the black suit is 4*, we can still have the non-Parker spideys in game as 2 and 3* so there won't be this barren Spideyless wasteland between 1 & 4*. I hardly ever use 3* Spidey and Bagman is just a total waste of a character. I was a huge Spidey fan growing up & it irks me that I almost never use my favorite hero.
  • DJ Rubix
    DJ Rubix Posts: 12
    Options
    In spider-verse, my favorite was the quickly seen talking spider-buggy, from a "Cars" like universe, I guess? That wass my favorite, hands down.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

temporarily? really?

It's a comic book, it will be retconned/rebooted/whatever in a few years.
    Got nothing against Miles hence have whatever version is required to keep the appeal.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

temporarily? really?

It's a comic book, it will be retconned/rebooted/whatever in a few years.
    Got nothing against Miles hence have whatever version is required to keep the appeal.
    what are you even saying?

there's miles and there's peter parker
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2012%2F08%2F10%2Fsimbionte.jpg&o=s&w=600

While I do think the Secret Wars cover is the most obvious choice for Black Suit Spider-Man, I'm partial to this cover:

peter-parker-the-spectacular-spider-man-101.jpg?w=547&h=848

Also, I am happy to see Ben Reilly get some love but I won't deny I am a bit surprised that Scarlet-Spider Kaine has no MPQ fans:

Scarlet_Spider_Vol_2_1_Bagley_Variant_Textless.jpg

What can I say, I have a soft spot for the clones. (*^^)v