Who do you want the 4* Spider-Man to be?

Options

Comments

• I voted blacktile.pngicon_spiderman.pngblacktile.png in the spirit of having to choose one but honestly I would prefer none of the above and give me a brand new character icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I voted blacktile.pngicon_spiderman.pngblacktile.png in the spirit of having to choose one but honestly I would prefer none of the above and give me a brand new character icon_lol.gif

We shall call him/her/it Wolverspiderbusterstone!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since I'm the lone vote for Ben Reilly, I'll elaborate.

If it can't be Peter Parker, it should at least be his clone.
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    Superior Spider-Man shouldn't be a 4*. After all, Octo acknowledged at the end that Peter Parker was the superior Spider-Man. I would definitely lean towards Black Suit Venomized Spidey. As for Captain Universe, probably too obscure and too powerful for a 4*. After all, he can kick Electra and Star Lord's **** icon_e_smile.gif.

Knyghtmare
    Commander -S.H.I.E.L.D
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You'd think this was the Dc universe. There are plenty of other actually popular characters to go around.

fix the 2 spidermen in game and move on.

a different venom
    other spiderman villains
    antivenom

someone else.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    other actually popular characters
    mysterio.
    Um....
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really want Iron Spider. But, I'm weird. And biased since Civil War is my favorite arc.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    mysterio.
    Um....
    Oh i definitely edited that weird, I meant hey marvel has more popular characters then dc.

I was just keeping recommendations spiderman based.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    mysterio.
    Um....
    Oh i definitely edited that weird, I meant hey marvel has more popular characters then dc.

I was just keeping recommendations spiderman based.
    yeah, lol, I don't really think mysterio is on the tip of anyone's tongue when they think spiderman icon_mrgreen.gif
  • What? Mysterio is a top 5 villain for Spidey, easily. Top 10 at worst.
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    What? Mysterio is a top 5 villain for Spidey, easily. Top 10 at worst.

Let's see, top 5 in no order is:
    Venom
    Carnage
    Dr. Octopus
    Lizard
    Green Goblin/Harry Osborn

Saying Mysterio is a top 10 Spiderman villain is like saying Batroc is a top 10 Captain America. Maybe, but you're really talking bottom of the barrel. Even then, I'm not sure he's top 10.
  • Carnage isn't a top 10 villain for Spidey. He's garbage. Lizard is top 10, he isn't top 5.

Edit: And Spidey has a -deep- villain roster, making top 10 in it is definitely an accomplishment. Only comic book character even close to his is Batman.

Cap's Rogues Gallery is much, much, weaker.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Carnage isn't a top 10 villain for Spidey. He's garbage. Lizard is top 10, he isn't top 5.

Edit: And Spidey has a -deep- villain roster, making top 10 in it is definitely an accomplishment. Only comic book character even close to his is Batman.

Cap's Rogues Gallery is much, much, weaker.

I love Cap, but have to agree here. Beyond the Red Skull and Modok ... and Hitler ... Cap fights a long list of empty sterotypes.

And Mysterio is a neglected classic, yet remains top 10 in the Spidey Villain pantheon.

Wiki keeps a nice list, evens orders them by appearance:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... an_enemies

90cca647961060fd09b7fd86f03824da.jpg
    so is mysterio still relevant or not is my question, he was in spectacular spider man in that's it
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted for Black Suit Spider-Man b/c that would be the one I'd want in game. I'm pretty sure we'll see Miles Morales though, so that they have the ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS represented, except for Nova, who is probably in the pipeline. We've already got most of the other 5 (at least a similar looking version), 4* Thor, 4* Cap, 3* Kamala Khan, 3* Vision, and 1* Iron Man.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Long as we're spitballing, does anyone remember the storyline where JJJ put a bounty on Spiderman's head, so Peter created 4 separate alter egos to run around as to keep the bloodthirsty populace off his back? Richochet, Hornet, Dusk and Prodigy were their names. Wouldn't mind seeing one of those as it would still be good old Peter but give him a chance to use some differently-styled abilities. Hopefully they would also be a lot less **** than Bagman.

Of the ones listed, though, Black Suit all the way.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    Long as we're spitballing, does anyone remember the storyline where JJJ put a bounty on Spiderman's head, so Peter created 4 separate alter egos to run around as to keep the bloodthirsty populace off his back? Richochet, Hornet, Dusk and Prodigy were their names. Wouldn't mind seeing one of those as it would still be good old Peter but give him a chance to use some differently-styled abilities. Hopefully they would also be a lot less **** than Bagman.

Of the ones listed, though, Black Suit all the way.

The story line was eh, but the identities were fun. And it led to the often forgotten and underrated Slingers.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No love for good ol' Ben Reilly icon_e_sad.gif (great character and an amazing costume).

Ofc, I'm totally ok with black suit spidey winning the contest, but as a big fan of Scarlet Spider, I would have liked to see him a little bit higher in the chart...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want black suit. But I know realistically it will be whatever version they use in Captain America civil war.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly the last thing I want D3 to do is to even consider a 4* version until 3* gets a buff, once the 4* is released they will completely sweep him under the rug because people will be so distracted by 4* spidey.

:tinfoil hat: I think IM40 will never receive buffs even though they said he is on their list for the same reason, "IM40 really sucks, oh look hulkbuster".

.....I voted for superior because I thought the idea behind him was really interesting..

Blew my mind when they showed off the new 1* Spider Man. I was all like "Wait...he's got better powers than the 3* version!"
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Why is Black Suit winning?

What abilities would he have that would even make any sense, nowadays? The heck.....