What needs to be improved in the 4* transition

Comments

• The problem would be a huge flood of Ragnaroks opened from packs. Imagine everyone running a 166 Rag? Game would break!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    While I'm not there, I agree but I think the whole structure should be re-looked at, with consideration for how many characters are in each 'tier' along side the issues mentioned above.

There are more 4 stars then 1 & 2. there are more 3 stars then 1 2 and 4 combined.

The 3 star transition for a new player is nightmarish compared to at launch when there were 7.

DDQ doesn't improve the transition if players don't have all 40 roster-ed to begin with.

Iso, will always be an issue if they keep releasing characters.
    I feel it may be time to choose whether they want iso scarce or HP scarce.
    Iso, covers and HP all scarce at once creates its own interesting issues.

that is what i dont see why they dont change the deadpool... Those who could earn the 3 star covers no longer want them or need them.. Those who are starting out have no chance at deadpool (it should be rank based not fix)

funny thing is i keep my people around level 90s and could never beat the final nod in deadpool when it came out.. Now i have the ISO to push 15 people from 90 to 130 easy and have interest at all in deadpool since i have almost everyone max and those i dont have max cover i have no interest in using them,

now everyone wants 4 stars... Sorry but if i just found this game and see how far behind i was i would NEVER and i mean Never come back to this game... I feel sorry for anyone attempting to get into this game now
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    you are now allowed to share 3* covers on Facebook.

Wait, is there a thread about this somewhere that I missed?
  • scottee wrote:

I think this is a mistaken assumption. You can share standard tokens on FB, it's just the standard tokens do have a minor chance to drop a 3 star character. I got my first Rocket and Groot that way 3 months ago, and just recently a fb friend got a Blade cover from a token I recently sent his way.

I've not see a way to directly share a 3 star cover, or even a 2 star. You just have to get lucky on the token pull.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I think this is a mistaken assumption. You can share standard tokens on FB, it's just the standard tokens do have a minor chance to drop a 3 star character. I got my first Rocket and Groot that way 3 months ago, and just recently a fb friend got a Blade cover from a token I recently sent his way.

I've not see a way to directly share a 3 star cover, or even a 2 star. You just have to get lucky on the token pull.

Then that point makes no sense, because you can get a 4* from a standard token too. But no one's saying "you can share 4* covers on Facebook".
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2015
    EDIT: I have been reliably informed that this is a bug and not a general change in FB sharing.

Here is my screen shot from yesterday:
    20150812192858_zpsjhhqwmwp.jpg
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260

I think I have the wrong FB friends...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    One way of increasing the iso and 4* covers flow for the players who need them only (i.e. those transitioning from 3*) would be making a "hardcore" version of DDQ. Basically a DDQ but with an essential 4* in the first node and added difficulty fixed across the board so a player with a 2* roster wouldn't be able to win it.
    essentials don't aid in progression.

That only works when there are very few to begin with. with 15 known ( 1 'unknown') 4 stars now. and some having only been 1000 and 1300 progression and number 1 & 2 rewards since about january that won't alleviate the issue. thats a quick fix for vested players, who already have the option of tossing money at the covers or hitting 1000 and 1300 progression.

When thinking of these fixes, think of them for a 3 star player that has 10 or so fully covered and leveled 3 stars with the rest rostered, instead of a player with 5 covers of all the 4 stars.

thats not aiding transitioning thats aiding in finishing the 4 star tier.

I'm sorry, but if you cannot reliably get 4*s from their release PVEs, or from PVP 1k progression rewards, I'm afraid you are not yet in a position where you need to be fast tracked into 3*-4* transition, but rather, you should finish your 2*-3* transition first. That's why I like about my idea. Obviously ALL players, beginners, transitioners and vets would like to get their hand on the shiny, cool new 4*s. However, only the latter group actually /need/ them. For the others, is an additional burden on their HP and iso that provide no benefit for them due their scarcity. And yes, 4* covers should remain scarce for those groups, otherwise they would quickly jump to have 4* roster without needing pausing to have a 3*roster on the way there. You gotta walk before you run and all that.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Why not take a page from Plants vs. Zombies 2 and the pinata party. You have to play and finish the Deadpool daily like 5 times in a row before you get a chance to play the 4* Deadpool daily. It could be more days, but that's just an example. Also, ISO is hard to come by these days and using it for boosts and levels is hard to maintain.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    so wait from what I'm gathering playing on the mobile gives mobile players an innate advantage over us steam players just because they can have friends from FB share recruit tokens and get little ISO gift packs?

if this is correct it's pretty ****, I can't play this game on my phone because I started on steam, but playing on the phone would strain the hell out of my eyes anyway, but now i'm technically being punished for this choice because mobile players can get an advantage with extra resources from friends and I can't with my steam buds?

I'm sorry but if this the case, this makes me furious and really demand a similar system for us steam players.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    They already had the system in place for PVP when they started the game. Top 1-5 gets three 4* covers
    5-25 gets 2 4* covers
    25-50 gets one 4* cover
    51-150 gets one 3* cover

This still lets players progress to 3* with the 51-150 but it makes 4* more achievable.

Next a Deadpool Weekly quest set up like he Antman PVE. You would have 7 days to complet and you must have the 4* already in order to unlock the chance to win the cover. By making players have the 4* cover and making it weekly it will still make going from 2-3 easier than from going 2-4.

Lastly for ISO just double the ISO like in the anniversary week. If they don't want to do that then extend LR to all week long. This way we at last hav to earn the ISO.
    I would like them to change reward o you earn all the 4 rewards before 20 ISO starts. And it should go up to 50 ISO.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sharing covers on FB???

WHAT THE???

What about sharing covers in the freaking game!!!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    there's no reason why the 80,000 point progression in enemy of the state shouldn't be a 4*. that could be a start.

a weekly ddq type event would be good.

more ant-man style events. (doesn't have to last 30 days. make it a week)

Throw a few more in the vault. and more ways to get taco tokens.

and more iso. yeah!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

And that's the one cover I need for my Cap to spec him ideally...on Steam.

Damnitsomuch
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    jredd wrote:
    there's no reason why the 80,000 point progression in enemy of the state shouldn't be a 4*. that could be a start.

That's way too easy in eots. The survival nodes are worth 1-2k points. I had multiple times this score. I think 80k for 3 is fine like most say. Make a 200k 4* reward however with a 140-150 k prize too. ISO would be great 2500 even.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    One way of increasing the iso and 4* covers flow for the players who need them only (i.e. those transitioning from 3*) would be making a "hardcore" version of DDQ. Basically a DDQ but with an essential 4* in the first node and added difficulty fixed across the board so a player with a 2* roster wouldn't be able to win it.
    essentials don't aid in progression.

That only works when there are very few to begin with. with 15 known ( 1 'unknown') 4 stars now. and some having only been 1000 and 1300 progression and number 1 & 2 rewards since about january that won't alleviate the issue. thats a quick fix for vested players, who already have the option of tossing money at the covers or hitting 1000 and 1300 progression.

When thinking of these fixes, think of them for a 3 star player that has 10 or so fully covered and leveled 3 stars with the rest rostered, instead of a player with 5 covers of all the 4 stars.

thats not aiding transitioning thats aiding in finishing the 4 star tier.

I'm sorry, but if you cannot reliably get 4*s from their release PVEs, or from PVP 1k progression rewards, I'm afraid you are not yet in a position where you need to be fast tracked into 3*-4* transition, but rather, you should finish your 2*-3* transition first. That's why I like about my idea. Obviously ALL players, beginners, transitioners and vets would like to get their hand on the shiny, cool new 4*s. However, only the latter group actually /need/ them. For the others, is an additional burden on their HP and iso that provide no benefit for them due their scarcity. And yes, 4* covers should remain scarce for those groups, otherwise they would quickly jump to have 4* roster without needing pausing to have a 3*roster on the way there. You gotta walk before you run and all that.

Don't be sorry

Just pay attention to what angle I'm approaching this from as I said here (it could be in another thread at this rate because there are like 4 threads with the same discussion, but you quoted what I'm talking about)

When someone has 1 stars strong enough and reliable enough they keep that team and move to 2
    When someone has a strong enough team of 2, they move on to 3.

But according to you, they'd be best off just doing all 40 3 stars.

I've literally said they should finish the transition. if someone has 10 useable 3 stars I'd argue they've kind of been around.

also no group 'NEEDS' 4 stars, we're doing this out of player satisfaction.

No content in game outside of 4 star essentials require 4 stars.

You're post is trying to school me on something that I'm not even opposed to.
    The very post you quoted is just saying that 4 stars are going to be higher in number and not roll around as often.

If it is like DDQ. a 4 star day pops up and a person ready to transition doesn't have THAT particular 4 star they don't get to progress on that singular day. But they are ready to transition. Thats as well as I can describe why I think there are ways besides barring people.

You're way doesn't work to bar people who don't 'need' 4 stars because I have some rostered and I'm transitioning into 3 stars. But you can bet I'm not going to sell them as rare as they are now and how DDQ works atm.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    deiXide wrote:
    The 4* transition is well underway. If you need any more signal of that; notice that you are now allowed to share 3* covers on Facebook.

I apologize for not contributing directly to this thread's intended purpose, but can someone elaborate on this point for a noob (who still needs all 3 star covers) like me? I haven't seen this behavior in-game and want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

Basically, the game is rather explicitly skewed in favour of mobile players, so if you're (probably) on Steam, you're missing out on a bunch of free 3-star covers [and tons of free iso].
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    bahamut685 wrote:

Basically, the game is rather explicitly skewed in favour of mobile players, so if you're (probably) on Steam, you're missing out on a bunch of free 3-star covers [and tons of free iso].

and holy hell does this make me mad, how do they consider this ok? I wanna help my friends progress and get into the game more but the only way I can barely do that is me trying to score well in alliance stuff.
  • Back on topic, you guys are all deceiving yourselves if you think devs give a rats harse about making a 4* transition. They'll only make them reasonably attainable when they start introducing 5*'s that take even longer to cover and level.

They've proved this time and again. They don't proactively try to rework distributions to stay evenly in line with player# increases, but rather the opposite.

Every step of the way it's been the case. People started complaining enough about 3* availability that they started making changes to make that easier, but they also shifted gameplay to 4* (basically glorified 3*'s that are harder to get and cost more to level) at the same time. It's now significantly tougher to earn even 3* covers through PVP placement, so your only real option is to go for 4* covers as progression rewards - i.e. play the same amount you used to for 3x 3* covers, but now only get 1x cover (4* cover / 2 if you're really lucky) since the primary purpose of 4*'s is to make the meta take even more time / money for players to maintain.

If they wanted to make rewards reasonably and reliably attainable, they could've done this a long time ago, but they've consistently proven their #1 focus is maximizing profit, not player progression / satisfaction. To be 100% honest, I question why I even play Deadpool Dailies anymore when I play it. I think most people only play this game for Marvel and for match-3 RPG. Take away the Marvel veneer and I think most people wouldn't stick around anywhere near as long as they do before quitting.

There's no progression consistency after a certain point and the devs have proven time and again that their focus is to make it harder to obtain meaningful rewards without spending obscene amounts of time and / or money on the game. Their target audience seems to generally be uber uber uber whales who like playing slot machines and are willing to spend thousands per character. Anyone other than that can either grind the game as a full-time job or get the fudge out. This is just my observation based on their actions and inactions; which things they change and which things they leave be.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Really. There is already too much 4* and 3* They outnumber common covers so much THEY become common (if hard to obtain). If devs cared about players, they would fix the **** of problems already existing instead of churning new "legendary" characters before you even manage to cover one.